Week 9 Massillon vs Wooster

In my opinion I really think the Tigers should win this game by 10 points or more Wooster got killed tonight by Mansfield but i expect them to come out hyped up for the first half then Massillon should cruise in the 2nd half

I know Hartson shouldn't see the field. He was limping after almost every carry. Don't know if I'd even play him vs McKinley, we're gonna need a healthy Hartson the farther we get in the playoffs.

We're absolutely going to have to tackle better from here on out, how do you improve your tackling in week 8....with the limited contact allowed in today's sissy world is beyond me, but it has to improve.

Blocking needs work.

There are a lot of things that we need to improve on.

I know Hartson shouldn't see the field. He was limping after almost every carry. Don't know if I'd even play him vs McKinley, we're gonna need a healthy Hartson the farther we get in the playoffs.

We're absolutely going to have to tackle better from here on out, how do you improve your tackling in week 8....with the limited contact allowed in today's sissy world is beyond me, but it has to improve.

Blocking needs work.

Is ridiculous that you can't tackle or hit in practice more than one hour a week. I wonder if injuries are up. Practicing form tackling and positioning your body is important in order to protect the players from potential injuries. Your body gets used to the contact. I can't imagine how sore these guys are after every game.

Blocking needs work.

Yeah I’d love to see hartson sit and just get back to 100% if possible.

This should be a relatively easy win (14-21 pts) but we all have seen some crazy week 9 games.
Id rest Hartson, Beasley and 3-4 lineman who are all banged up. I agree with JLP dress Hartson for mckinley and see how he runs early in the game and if he isn’t 100% sit him. The burst of speed and cutback ability is what we need from week 11 on, Beasley or Kirksey can come in and give us 60-70 yards per game.

Wooster has absolutely no running game. Massillon will control both lines of scrimmage. Even resting players Massillon will win easily.

Wooster fans do not. They are very content being the largest school in their league & playing 7-8 games a year against smaller schools. It makes them feel good. The reality of this game will not.
Where Wooster is located the OCC is a good fit. The have improved their non league schedule. Orrville is one of the oldest rivalry games in the state. They have played Wadsworth for several years now and usually a second solid opponent. With a new head coach and a down year talent wise this was the wrong year to agree to play a Massillon caliber opponent.

FYI. Originally, this was a 2 year contract, one game in Wooster (2020), one game in Massillon (2021). COVID canceled last years’ game. Also, if you go to the OHSAA “Open Date” section, the Tigers are looking for the 9th game in 2022. It appears this was a 2 year contract.

I heard from someone who should know that Wooster's conference is adding a
team next year, and Wooster will need to play a league game in week 9 in 2022.

Maybe the Tigers and Generals can match their 2022 open dates for next season?

It's pretty well known that New Philly is joining the OCC next year. 1 of the OCC teams will be out of league in week 10 in order to allow New Philly's rivalry with Dover to remain in week 10 for now. It looks to be Wooster who has to fill week 10 next fall. Wooster's league game with New Philly will be played in week 3.

Last edited:
Where Wooster is located the OCC is a good fit. The have improved their non league schedule. Orrville is one of the oldest rivalry games in the state. They have played Wadsworth for several years now and usually a second solid opponent. With a new head coach and a down year talent wise this was the wrong year to agree to play a Massillon caliber opponent.
Massillon is the caliber opponent
Needed to get past R7
I think it would be wise for Wooster to hold onto Massillon week 9.
They can get past Massillon
It a good chance of winning the region

Needed to get past R7
Like Mr Slippery said, Wooster is in a conference with 8 teams so weeks 4-10 are off the table due to conference games.
He did say week 10 is open for 1 team in the OCC, but Massillon isn't open that week anyways.

Needed to get past R7
Like Mr Slippery said, Wooster is in a conference with 8 teams so weeks 4-10 are off the table due to conference games.
He did say week 10 is open for 1 team in the OCC, but Massillon isn't open that week anyways.
In Wooster's case, weeks 3-9 are out of play for 2022. Week 10 is obviously out of play for Massillon. Massillon's Week 2 is GlenOak, so that is out of play. Week 1 is the only possibility, and that is when Wooster has been playing Orrville in recent years.

Wooster fans do not. They are very content being the largest school in their league & playing 7-8 games a year against smaller schools. It makes them feel good. The reality of this game will not.
For the longest time, I felt that way about Wooster's conference rival, Mansfield Senior. Senior took their beating in the Buckeye Conference, and opted to be the big fish among the Ashland, Lexington, Madison, and Malabars of the world.

In Wooster's case, weeks 3-9 are out of play for 2022. Week 10 is obviously out of play for Massillon. Massillon's Week 2 is GlenOak, so that is out of play. Week 1 is the only possibility, and that is when Wooster has been playing Orrville in recent years.
Wooster and Orrville used to play week 10...maybe they will be able to get the game played in week 10 now

Wooster and Orrville used to play week 10...maybe they will be able to get the game played in week 10 now
No. The league Orrville is in (the Pac) is an 8 team league. Weeks 4-10 are league games. Loudonville (an affiliate member) is leaving and Canton South is joining the league next year.

Massillon is down this year, this was the perfect year to have the Tigers on the schedule.

2020 numbers for the OCC by males.. Mt. Vernon 475 Wooster 400 Ashland 363 Mansfield Madison 357 Mansfield Sr. 312 Lexington 290
West Holmes 281 New Philadelphia joining next year 331 I would say size wise not a great disparity in numbers. Overall a decent league.
Massillon Washington 488.