Division III Region 9

Is the Canfield/Dover game available to watch anywhere?
It is on YSN but I think you have to pay, not really worth paying for the sake of this stupid argument. Especially since you can't see everything from their video, for instance the last play of the game where there was a play in the back corner of the endzone. Oh and one of my neighbors has video on his phone of the receiver catching the ball just barely in bounds on the last play of the game, but I will admit it is possible Canfield had an ineligible man downfield on this play, that is what someone on here said, I don't know if it is true though being as I was standing by the endzone on that play and not watching the QB scramble as much as watching the receivers run their routes into the endzone.

You don’t think a team can improve over the season?
Of course they can. St. V has definitely improved but so has Aurora. Good teams improve. Bad teams usually don’t. Coaching staff at Aurora is on of the best in Ohio. I think St. V. can make final four in region but I don’t think they will win it

#1 Chardon or Aurora (Aurora will be #1 if they win out otherwise Chardon will be #1)
#2 Chardon or Aurora or Dover (Aurora will be #2 if they win 2 of 3, Chardon will be #2 if Aurora wins out)
#3 Aurora or Dover (Aurora will be #3 if they only win 0 or 1 of 3, Dover will be #3 unless Aurora only wins 1 of 3)
#4 Hubbard if win out/otherwise Kenston unless Kenston also loses against South
#5 Kenston or Hubbard
#6 Streetsboro or Steubenville (unless SV-SM wins 3 of 3 then SV-SM will be #6 or #7)
#7 Streetsboro or Steubenville (unless SV-SM wins 3 of 3)
#8 Canfield or SV-SM (or Streetsboro/Steubenville if SV-SM wins 3 of 3)
#9 Canfield or SV-SM (If SV-SM wins 3 of 3 then will be Canfield with 99% certainty, Canfield can't be lower than #10 worst case scenario)
#10 Tallmadge or West Geauga or ND-CL (Canfield has 1% chance to be #10 in which case West Geauga would be #9)
#11 Tallmadge or West Geauga or ND-CL
#12 Tallmadge or West Geauga or ND-CL
#13 Ravenna or New Philadelphia
#14 Ravenna or New Philadelphia
#15 Too close to call, too many possibilities
#16 Too close to call, too many possibilities
Canfield is most likely going to win out, how will they drop 2 spots?

Even if they win out they will drop because of L2 points most likely. Marion Pleasant probably won't win another game this year. East won't win anymore games this year as well. Canfield would have been better off taking byes than playing East, JFK and Marion Pleasant for purposes of Harbin points. They will get 3 wins off of Poland and 2 off of New Philadelphia most likely, they will get 1 game off of Chaney, then either 2 games off of Howland, and when Chaney plays Howland they only get 1 win either way. If Canfield beats Boardman they get 5 guaranteed wins, because Boardman plays Fitch and Canfield would have beaten both.
They won't drop because of L1 points, it will be because of L2 points, Canfield's schedule just is not very favorable for Harbin points this year. The other teams below Canfield will also probably win 2 of 3 at least of not all 3 and have more L2 points both from the opponents they will defeat and those they have already defeated. Canfield just has too many opponents that won't win another game this year.

I don't think they will. also if Chardon and Aurora win out I think Chardon still stays 1. I think it's close though. I'll admit I did not do the math. 3-DII wins for Chardon vs. 2-DII and 1-DIII is a half pt advantage on 1st level pts for Chardon. Not sure the extra 3 wins of Aurora's 3 teams left would make it up. Especially not since I think Chardons already beaten teams get more win than the teams Aurora has beaten already. But like I said I have not sat down and predicted games and done the math.

SVSM isn’t winning out,
Probably go 1-2 last 3 games.

Canfield, Big Red, Dover most likely win out. Not sure of the others up top as they have some quality games left.

Hubbards schedule is hilarious other than week 10… So will see about them.

I roughly did the math with rough predictions on the remaining games of Dover/Chardon and their opponents and it seems like there is a solid chance that Dover will overtake them for #1. Dover is getting some decent L2 points from Marietta/Linsly/NP and Akron East/Canfield/Big Red will likely all win out and help Dover as well. Chardon will get good points from South but nothing from Madison. Really wish we had Fantastic50 this year as he always does great work on the prediction side of things.

I can’t believe the Simkon guy cannot grasp the fact that the Canfield receiver at the end of the Dover game was clearly out of bounds. The press box view shows it perfect.

Rooting for Big Red, but if they don’t get healthy and get some momentum, they’ll be 2-3 and done

There’s maybe 5 teams in this region who would be fine playing Steubenville, the others Steubenville probably puts a running clock on them.

I guess we will just have to see!

I’ll never dismiss Hubbard. Is it hard to know how good they are because of their schedule? Ya bet ya!
But they’ve beat a few teams in the region in the past, & have been beaten, as well.
History would tell you respect is definitely due but never fear.
There is nothing wrong with having mutual respect. I wouldn’t underestimate Hubbard , or for that matter, anyone that makes it into the playoffs in this region, in this year.

Side note:
-can you guys imagine the quality of teams that never had a chance back to play in the 70’s-80’s when only 2 teams per region and only 3 Divisions(not 7) made the playoffs??

16 seems about right considering the circumstances and makes scheduling easier. But to view it in contrast to the 70’s-80’s? Just a little food for thought.

Last edited:
Even if they win out they will drop because of L2 points most likely. Marion Pleasant probably won't win another game this year. East won't win anymore games this year as well. Canfield would have been better off taking byes than playing East, JFK and Marion Pleasant for purposes of Harbin points. They will get 3 wins off of Poland and 2 off of New Philadelphia most likely, they will get 1 game off of Chaney, then either 2 games off of Howland, and when Chaney plays Howland they only get 1 win either way. If Canfield beats Boardman they get 5 guaranteed wins, because Boardman plays Fitch and Canfield would have beaten both.
They won't drop because of L1 points, it will be because of L2 points, Canfield's schedule just is not very favorable for Harbin points this year. The other teams below Canfield will also probably win 2 of 3 at least of not all 3 and have more L2 points both from the opponents they will defeat and those they have already defeated. Canfield just has too many opponents that won't win another game this year.
Bro your a damn wizard good stuff lol

If Dover would have won fair and square then I wouldn't have said anything really, or made a big deal about it but the officiating in that game was atrocious, Dover and Canfield are very evenly matched this year and the poor officiating decided the outcome of the game not the players on the field. And the officiating crew definitely was biased in favor of Dover (or against Canfield) that game. Dover has beat Canfield many times fair and square or so badly that the officiating wouldn't have made a difference in the outcome and I never said anything previously, you can look at all my posts over the years and previous to this I never said anything about Canfield losing to Dover except wish them good luck for the rest of the season and so fo

If Dover would have won fair and square then I wouldn't have said anything really, or made a big deal about it but the officiating in that game was atrocious, Dover and Canfield are very evenly matched this year and the poor officiating decided the outcome of the game not the players on the field. And the officiating crew definitely was biased in favor of Dover (or against Canfield) that game. Dover has beat Canfield many times fair and square or so badly that the officiating wouldn't have made a difference in the outcome and I never said anything previously, you can look at all my posts over the years and previous to this I never said anything about Canfield losing to Dover except wish them good luck for the rest of the season and so forth.
?????? Bro i have no dog in this fight but your funny

Steubenville will always be respected. Even in a "average" year by their standards, they have enough talent on the roster to beat anyone. Whoever gets Steubenville in the playoffs is going to have a tough out.

Hubbard has to go out and earn the respect of it's peers in the region. It's a new year and I think this Hubbard team realizes they still haven't accomplished anything in 2021. Hubbard's beat the teams they've been presented. But if they really want to make a mark, they need to finish the season strong and tee up for the slobber knocker that is region 9. That's where the real respect will be earned.

Steubenville will always be respected. Even in a "average" year by their standards, they have enough talent on the roster to beat anyone. Whoever gets Steubenville in the playoffs is going to have a tough out.

Hubbard has to go out and earn the respect of it's peers in the region. It's a new year and I think this Hubbard team realizes they still haven't accomplished anything in 2021. Hubbard's beat the teams they've been presented. But if they really want to make a mark, they need to finish the season strong and tee up for the slobber knocker that is region 9. That's where the real respect will be earned.
Well said

Hubbard will always be disrespected until they get to at least the final 4. They have a solid program and haven't had a losing season since 1998. I know every program in the Mahoning Valley would love to be able to say that. Its just those loaded teams that got beat in the regional finals will always stick out in people's minds.

As far as this year, Region 9 is by far the best in the State. Who ever wins this region, will have to be considered the favorite to win it all. Hopefully, the winner isn't too beat up going into the final 4.

I didn’t mind the 12 proposal. But they seen more money and ran with it
12 was good, top teams got a bye for being as good as they are, like the NFL. 8 was good as well, but feel like there’s very quality teams who barely missed the cut. 16 way too many.. You’re putting kids at risk playing 17-18 varsity games possibly in a row (counting scrimmages). No one does that, the NFL & College has byes & less contact practices a week. A high school kid has 3 full contact practices a walk through & a game every week for 4 months, not smart at all.

Hubbard will always be disrespected until they get to at least the final 4. They have a solid program and haven't had a losing season since 1998. I know every program in the Mahoning Valley would love to be able to say that. Its just those loaded teams that got beat in the regional finals will always stick out in people's minds.

As far as this year, Region 9 is by far the best in the State. Who ever wins this region, will have to be considered the favorite to win it all. Hopefully, the winner isn't too beat up going into the final 4.
Yes. 2013 imo gets a pass. SVSM had possibly the best defense in the state that year. All they needed was Paris Campbell on offense. 2014 was a major miss for Hubbard. 2018 I think they just ran out of steam. They lost 2 of their best players right before the playoffs and blew their load against Steubenville, which was a great win. Also, Waid was on something that year in the playoffs. He absolutely shredded Hubbard in that regional final.

Besides talent, depth, coaching, it's going to take some luck to win this region. Health is going to play a major role. I think the winner of this region should be the favorite, but that team is going to have some lumps. Will they be healthy enough to win 2 more games including the state championship? It's going to be interesting.