2021 GCYL Football

I think a big challenge with recruiting from the Oak Hill feeder schools is the overall animosity between the two schools that go along way back to the late 70's/early 80's. Hard to recruit a Bridgetown 8th grader to Elder/LaSalle if parents can’t stand the parochial schools system. Remember 5th grade baseball games between Delhi baseball association and westside grade schools that turned very “ugly” between the parents – there was a reason why the GWAC formed their own baseball league.

X is looked at a little differently. Back in the early 2000, I asked a parent why so many people from Visi sending their kids to St X/Ursula and the response was that a lot of the parents were Oak Hills grads.
Lol - if that’s true then those people need to grow up.

And now we have someone saying it’s super hard to recruit Oak Hills kids and another one saying it’s a large pipeline to Elder. LOL - complete opposite ends of the spectrum. You people are never consistent on any topic.

And I’m the one that’s lost.

Last edited:
Name some of legacy kids that were 12-18 months older than everyone else from the past several years Trey!!!
Once again smart guy, I’m never going to talk specifically about a kid here. Just look at the dominant grade school kids and you likely have your answer over the last 10 years.

The fact that you say this isn’t happening is hilarious.

And before you give the “well I know a kid who’s really good that’s the right age” - save it. Obviously there are exceptions. I’m also not saying anyone is breaking rules.

But the fact that you act like this is new news is hilarious.

Once again smart guy, I’m never going to talk specifically about a kid here. Just look at the dominant grade school kids and you likely have your answer over the last 10 years.

still waiting Trey, you hide behind "can't talk specifically" but the fact is you are making this up because you don't have anything-period. Just stop with the lies about the age factor as it's not true.

And before you give the “well I know a kid who’s really good that’s the right age” - save it. Obviously there are exceptions. I’m also not saying anyone is breaking rules.

But the fact that you act like this is new news is hilarious.
still waiting and I'm not on this site a lot so when I see your comments about age and legacy I respond.

Ok buddy whatever you say.

When someone is right in the edge of the old side of the rule, and you’re playing against kids that could be on the young end of the rule, and they are on a team with multiple grade levels, they could be almost 3 years older than some kids on the team. That’s an undisputed fact.

If you’ve seen dominant teams in any sport in grade school, the chances of them having multiple kids at the old end of the rule are very high.

And when I say dominant, I’m talking about the kids and classes where they were can’t miss prospects for great success in high school. Most notably, the current senior class and the class 3 years ahead of them. Both of which who turned out very average because grade school dominance against smaller and younger kids doesn’t mean squat.

It all catches up, and boy did it catch up. I said for years to stop crowning these kids in grade school because there’s so much development left over 4 years in high school. A lot maxed out early and people are “shocked” the team hasn’t been dominant.

Last edited:
Lol - if that’s true then those people need to grow up.

And now we have someone saying it’s super hard to recruit Oak Hills kids and another one saying it’s a large pipeline to Elder. LOL - complete opposite ends of the spectrum. You people are never consistent on any topic.

And I’m the one that’s lost.
That is the reality - call it bias, partiality, prejudice etc. - isn't that what a neighborhood rivalry is built on?

And I can vividly remember other posters with kids surrounding those two “anointed” classes talk about this exact thing and how kids were being overlooked because of it.

And they were right, as evidenced by the class 2 years ago and last year being two of the most successful in a while - and no one was talking about those classes coming in the door because everyone was infatuated with the anointed ones.

Ok buddy whatever you say.

When someone is right in the edge of the old side of the rule, and you’re playing against kids that could be on the young end of the rule, and they are on a team with multiple grade levels, they could be almost 3 years older than some kids on the team. That’s an undisputed fact.

If you’ve seen dominant teams in any sport in grade school, the chances of them having multiple kids at the old end of the rule are very high.

And when I say dominant, I’m talking about the kids and classes where they were can’t miss prospects for great success in high school. Most notably, the current senior class and the class 3 years ahead of them. Both of which who turned out very average because grade school dominance against smaller and younger kids doesn’t mean squat.

It all catches up, and boy did it catch up. I said for years to stop crowning these kids in grade school because there’s so much development left over 4 years in high school. A lot maxed out early and people are “shocked” the team hasn’t been dominant.
still waiting Trey! Your reference was there were kids that were 18 months older than their class mates who were dominate/legacy athletes and that is totally false and don't try to explain it by multiply grades because that's not what you meant and you know it. still waiting

still waiting Trey! Your reference was there were kids that were 18 months older than their class mates who were dominate/legacy athletes and that is totally false and don't try to explain it by multiply grades because that's not what you meant and you know it. still waiting
Trey, you are lucky this is not a liberal social media platform! You would be banned for life for all the false statements! lol

Trey, you are lucky this is not a liberal social media platform! You would be banned for life for all the false statements! lol
As would everyone else who can’t see the forest through the trees.

And I’m from a liberal city - liberals love me.

Not enough of a difference in college recruits from Oak Hills to say they have no talent or to put yourself in the same sentence as X or LaSalle when comparing college recruits.

The first comparison is arrogant and the second is just funny.

As would everyone else who can’t see the forest through the trees.

And I’m from a liberal city - liberals love me.
another false statement

Still waiting for the list of kids that were 2 years older than everyone else that made them dominate! Still waiting Trey

Not going to name names in a public forum. Take it to PMs if you’re really that interested.

I don’t owe you anything by the way. You’re free to believe what you want. It’s just hilarious how out of touch people are.

So funny.

there was a reason why the GWAC formed their own baseball league.
Interesting. I wonder what happened because when I returned to youth baseball when my son started playing, OHYA was already back in our league. As of this year, we also have Harrison, Three Rivers, Monfort Heights and TCYO.

Man, if Elder was actually able to pull in a few kids from Oak Hils, I'd imagine the Highlanders' run atop the GMC in football would end pretty quickly.
The difference is they need a lot of good players in their system, but 1-2 of their better players added to a GCL roster can make a huge difference. Look at what LS did with Uran and Bledsoe at LB a few yrs back.

The difference is they need a lot of good players in their system, but 1-2 of their better players added to a GCL roster can make a huge difference. Look at what LS did with Uran and Bledsoe at LB a few yrs back.
Precisely. This isn’t rocket science.

Not to mention they have 1,200 boys going to school there. But leave it to the arrogance of the purple guys to say they’re all scrubs. Not surprising.

Those kids were good. Bledsoe started making a difference as a freshman on the 2015 state title team. Glad their families made the right choice..

Not going to name names in a public forum. Take it to PMs if you’re really that interested.

I don’t owe you anything by the way. You’re free to believe what you want. It’s just hilarious how out of touch people are.

So funny.
Still waiting Trey, stop with the false claims about age as you make it up and then you believe it. So funny. Still waiting Trey

Those kids were good. Bledsoe started making a difference as a freshman on the 2015 state title team. Glad their families made the right choice..
Perhaps I’m not following along with the debate, but that should be proof there’s legitimately talented players in the OH system. IDK if they all stayed if it would be enough to make OH competitive, but you take the best 2-3 and add them to an Elder, LS, or X team and they can make a huge difference.

Trey probably thinks they were 2 years older than everyone else. They did help in their sophomore and junior years. I believe they missed the playoffs their senior year.

Can we talk about the guy that said Oak Hills schools provides a rich pipeline of talent to Elder? Or we all just gonna ignore that?

Perhaps I’m not following along with the debate, but that should be proof there’s legitimately talented players in the OH system. IDK if they all stayed if it would be enough to make OH competitive, but you take the best 2-3 and add them to an Elder, LS, or X team and they can make a huge difference.

Yeah, I don't think anybody has said there isn't talent there. Trey, however, seems to think Oak Hills is an untapped resource for Elder when the reality is plenty of Oak Hills kids go to Elder for high school to the point of animosity from OH.

Regarding the good athletes playing, I hear a lot of folks say the kids get burnt out by the youth system by the time they get to high school and some good players quit or go elsewhere. From my second-hand view, the Oak Hills youth football teams do pretty well too, so it stands to reason. It's probably one of many building blocks to a bad high school program.

Yeah, I don't think anybody has said there isn't talent there. Trey, however, seems to think Oak Hills is an untapped resource for Elder when the reality is plenty of Oak Hills kids go to Elder for high school to the point of animosity from OH.

Regarding the good athletes playing, I hear a lot of folks say the kids get burnt out by the youth system by the time they get to high school and some good players quit or go elsewhere. From my second-hand view, the Oak Hills youth football teams do pretty well too, so it stands to reason. It's probably one of many building blocks to a bad high school program.
I would bet it’s close to 1-2% each year.

Where are you getting this “plenty” from?

In all seriousness, who on the current football or basketball or baseball teams came from an OH grade school? If there’s “plenty” I will leave this site forever.

Sure, there are a couple kids per grade from Oak Hills that would be starters on a good GCL team. Good luck getting them without doing it illegally. Do what you can if they shadow or go to open house. It has to be a two way street.

I was told that those 2 kids you mentioned that went to OH feeder that went to Lasalle both considered Elder but ended up choosing LS over Elder. Again, disproving UCArch/Trey's point that Elder doesn't want them, because I was told Elder did what they could.

Sure, there are a couple kids per grade from Oak Hills that would be starters on a good GCL team. Good luck getting them without doing it illegally. Do what you can if they shadow or go to open house. It has to be a two way street.

I was told that those 2 kids you mentioned that went to OH feeder that went to Lasalle both considered Elder but ended up choosing LS over Elder. Again, disproving UCArch/Trey's point that Elder doesn't want them, because I was told Elder did what they could.
So if none of these kids are ending up at Elder, and Elder has to do “illegal” things to get them, did the schools that got them do “illegal” things?

Are we back to “cheating” as the popular excuse again?

Still waiting Trey, stop with the false claims about age as you make it up and then you believe it. So funny. Still waiting Trey

Trey has no names, because it is made up. Sure, some kids are older or younger for their grade. It has nothing to do with Elder's success or lack thereof. Elder's issues this year are obvious, and it has nothing to do with anyone's age either now or when they were in grade school.

UCArch is butthurt over something that happened in his life or maybe his kid didn't make it. There is a lot of built up angry going on here.

So if none of these kids are ending up at Elder, and Elder has to do “illegal” things to get them, did the schools that got them do “illegal” things?

Are we back to “cheating” as the popular excuse again?

The kid has to show interest in Elder first, it can't be the other way around. What part of not recruiting for sports do you not understand? There are Elder open house signs all over and Oak Hills families know they can shadow/visit Elder. I was told the 2 spoken about did shadow at Elder and consider Elder. Elder did what they could. They chose Lasalle. End of story. Not very exciting.

What shall Elder do if the kid does not sign up for open house or shadow Elder?

What does talking to a kid about attending Elder have anything to do with sports?

Kids get mailers all the time from all types of schools without ever saying a word to them.