2021 GCYL Football

Yeah, I don't think anybody has said there isn't talent there. Trey, however, seems to think Oak Hills is an untapped resource for Elder when the reality is plenty of Oak Hills kids go to Elder for high school to the point of animosity from OH.

Regarding the good athletes playing, I hear a lot of folks say the kids get burnt out by the youth system by the time they get to high school and some good players quit or go elsewhere. From my second-hand view, the Oak Hills youth football teams do pretty well too, so it stands to reason. It's probably one of many building blocks to a bad high school program.
He’s right in that there’s some nice talent in those ranks but it’s not like Elder can cherry pick the best players out of that system.

Sure, there are a couple kids per grade from Oak Hills that would be starters on a good GCL team. Good luck getting them without doing it illegally. Do what you can if they shadow or go to open house. It has to be a two way street.

I was told that those 2 kids you mentioned that went to OH feeder that went to Lasalle both considered Elder but ended up choosing LS over Elder. Again, disproving UCArch/Trey's point that Elder doesn't want them, because I was told Elder did what they could.
The 2 best Soph OL at Elder are from OH. And I know for certain Elder, X and LS did all thru could for one of those kids.

Trey probably thinks they were 2 years older than everyone else. They did help in their sophomore and junior years. I believe they missed the playoffs their senior year.
That’s correct, but they still played a huge role in LS’s success leading up to their Sr yr.

The 2 best Soph OL at Elder are from OH. And I know for certain Elder, X and LS did all thru could for one of those kids.

That is good. I think Elder has slowly started going away from the "we only want kids who want to go to Elder" philosophy, meaning they weren't going to "beg" any kids to go to Elder. This is a different game than 10-15 years ago. Kids and parents are different. They get caught up in the process and want to feel "recruited" or welcomed. When a kid shadows or goes to open house, the facilities won't sell themselves. They need to sell the school and the football program.

That is good. I think Elder has slowly started going away from the "we only want kids who want to go to Elder" philosophy, meaning they weren't going to "beg" any kids to go to Elder. This is a different game than 10-15 years ago. Kids and parents are different. They get caught up in the process and want to feel "recruited" or welcomed. When a kid shadows or goes to open house, the facilities won't sell themselves. They need to sell the school and the football program.
One thing I can agree with you on.

“We coach who comes” might sound tough and gritty and perfectly “on brand” for the blue collar approach they looooove to portray, but it doesn’t get the job done anymore.

One thing I can agree with you on.

“We coach who comes” might sound tough and gritty and perfectly “on brand” for the blue collar approach they looooove to portray, but it doesn’t get the job done anymore.

Yes, that's another way to say it. The bar has been raised. They need to change, because as mentioned earlier the feeder school base is dwindling.

Interesting. I wonder what happened because when I returned to youth baseball when my son started playing, OHYA was already back in our league. As of this year, we also have Harrison, Three Rivers, Monfort Heights and TCYO.
That is great news they are back in this league - I am going 15+ years back. Particularly talking about Delhi Association Athletics (if that is what it was/is called) - to put it simply, was not a fun environment to coach in

Still waiting Trey, stop with the false claims about age as you make it up and then you believe it. So funny. Still waiting Trey
Good luck with this. There are probably hundreds of pages on here of Trey’s lies. Multiple screen names and to be honest the only consistencies are his bs vendetta mainly against Elder and lying.

My kid got cut remember.

Just be real.

Amazing that I lie so much yet after all these years, people STILL can’t help themselves but to constantly respond to my nonsense.

Must be hitting a nerve. Otherwise, how haven’t you just blocked me by now?

This will be my last post. My schtick has run its course. When I joined, I felt bad for pboy and tried to be someone with similar thoughts to make him feel welcome. He turned on me. Damn you pboy. Feel bad for the fella.

What the archdiocese does this week with the consolidation will be another watershed moment for Catholic schools similar to how open borders changed the game. I can’t go through another decade of arguing with tradition, history and status quo. Tired of the PM threats too.

I’m a fish out of water here, I know that. I’m continually amazed at this boards lack of imagination and clinging to the past. It’s not good for the betterment of the school or the community. A lot of consolidation of power and influence to get certain people what they want.

So with that, I say goodbye. I’d tell you you are In for a rough patch over the next few years in athletics, but I know even a 3-7 record will be the refs fault. Promise to remember me when all the things I’ve said come true and yet you still refuse to acknowledge them.

Out.

Lay off pboy - he just needs some belonging.

This will be my last post. My schtick has run its course. When I joined, I felt bad for pboy and tried to be someone with similar thoughts to make him feel welcome. He turned on me. Damn you pboy. Feel bad for the fella.

What the archdiocese does this week with the consolidation will be another watershed moment for Catholic schools similar to how open borders changed the game. I can’t go through another decade of arguing with tradition, history and status quo. Tired of the PM threats too.

I’m a fish out of water here, I know that. I’m continually amazed at this boards lack of imagination and clinging to the past. It’s not good for the betterment of the school or the community. A lot of consolidation of power and influence to get certain people what they want.

So with that, I say goodbye. I’d tell you you are In for a rough patch over the next few years in athletics, but I know even a 3-7 record will be the refs fault. Promise to remember me when all the things I’ve said come true and yet you still refuse to acknowledge them.

Out.

Lay off pboy - he just needs some belonging.

Bets on timeline and next user name?

You said many years ago that the athletics was failing. Then we went to state finals in football baseball and volleyball and were #1 ranked in basketball. So nice try.

IMO, Trey has some kind of personal issue with Elder, but not all of his criticisms are wrong. I would say, the logic behind his criticisms are often flawed. There’s an awful lot of conjecture and assumptions being made based off his anecdotal experience.

At the end of the day, if you’re tired of what he’s saying, just mute him. I did it to stop the never ending back & forth bw myself & him. I imagine, a lot of other posters would find it beneficial.

QOP whipped Visitation today. 4 of the 5 best teams in the league this season are in D2. St Mikes is the only D1 team that can beat or hang with the four top teams in D2.

QOP whipped Visitation today. 4 of the 5 best teams in the league this season are in D2. St Mikes is the only D1 team that can beat or hang with the four top teams in D2.
So Antoninus at 8-0 is the best team in the League?

Who are considered to be the top 5- 10 or so players in the league this year? Elder won't get any QOP kids, probably no St Mikes kids either.

Antonitus, QOP, and Mikes are the three best teams in the league. James, CPS, and CovCath are the next tier. QOP has a the best player in the league and it is my understanding he has missed some playing time for various reasons. He is a solid 169 lbs, 6' 2", runs like a deer, and hits like a mack truck. He didn't play much against Antonitus. Mikes also has a couple dudes (they are actually cousins) who are right there as well. Most think Antonitus has the best QB in the league who is a StX legacy.

Antonitus, QOP, and Mikes are the three best teams in the league. James, CPS, and CovCath are the next tier.

This is not good for Elder. Only one of these schools Antoninus are traditional feeders.

Are any of the top players in the league shadowing Elder or going to open house? If not, why not? Elder is going to need to get more proactive on these players this year more than any other year.

This is not good for Elder. Only one of these schools Antoninus are traditional feeders.

Are any of the top players in the league shadowing Elder or going to open house? If not, why not? Elder is going to need to get more proactive on these players this year more than any other year.
QOP & CC arent feeders for any rivals. James has so many Difft schools under their umbrella, you can’t really tell. St John Harrison is included, and they send kids to Elder all the time.

Elder should be trying to get as many kids from Difft schools regardless if the Feeders are stacked. Expand your footprint.

QOP & CC arent feeders for any rivals. James has so many Difft schools under their umbrella, you can’t really tell. St John Harrison is included, and they send kids to Elder all the time.

Elder should be trying to get as many kids from Difft schools regardless if the Feeders are stacked. Expand your footprint.

Elder could get CC if the families are willing to move. Where is QOP anyway? Good point, they need to recruit St. John hard. I assume St. Mike is Moeller, but if they get these kids on campus I think the facilities sell themselves. They need to get aggressive when these kids actually shadow or go to open house.

Elder could get CC if the families are willing to move. Where is QOP anyway? Good point, they need to recruit St. John hard. I assume St. Mike is Moeller, but if they get these kids on campus I think the facilities sell themselves. They need to get aggressive when these kids actually shadow or go to open house.
Moving isn’t a small inconsequential decision, especially with where the housing mkt is right now. I know the Arnold kid did that, but that’s an unusual level of commitment. I think it’s awesome, but it’s not realistic to expect that to be a normal occurrence.

I agree, they need to get as many kids on campus as possible from all over Hamilton County, but they are not allowed to single out athletes. There’s a degree of nuance required to walk the line bw marketing vs recruiting. And just sending mailers to the best football players in the GCYL is crossing that line.

Moving isn’t a small inconsequential decision, especially with where the housing mkt is right now. I know the Arnold kid did that, but that’s an unusual level of commitment. I think it’s awesome, but it’s not realistic to expect that to be a normal occurrence.

I agree, they need to get as many kids on campus as possible from all over Hamilton County, but they are not allowed to single out athletes. There’s a degree of nuance required to walk the line bw marketing vs recruiting. And just sending mailers to the best football players in the GCYL is crossing that line.

I mean if the kid comes on campus. Not saying illegally contacting them. They need to do a better job swinging the family towards Elder when they visit.