2021 GCYL Football

So I guess Oak Hills doesn’t have kids that go on to play college sports. You people are so full of

Right. I would think most of the good players that live in OH school district already go to westside Catholic feeders. I know Oak Hills has more problems than having Elder and X exist.
Again, this is so blatantly ridiculous. They have kids moving on to play college sports in every major sport they have. Just because they don’t have consistent team success doesn’t mean they don’t have individual talent.

There are no feeder pools, Arch. That was decades ago. The schools are free to recruit whoever they want, but there are rules against recruiting for sports. That's what the Moeller coach did last year.

Again, this is so blatantly ridiculous. They have kids moving on to play college sports in every major sport they have. Just because they don’t have consistent team success doesn’t mean they don’t have individual talent.
I think the absurd assumption here is that Elder (and La Salle and X) do not already get a tremendous amount of students and athletes from OHSD. Some kids are just going to Oak Hills and it's not a lack of effort from the private schools.

I’m not talking about recruiting for sports. I’m just talking about normal recruiting. So are they recruiting non Catholic kids from Price Hill, Downtown, Westwood, Northern KY, OHSD?

I think the absurd assumption here is that Elder (and La Salle and X) do not already get a tremendous amount of students and athletes from OHSD. Some kids are just going to Oak Hills and it's not a lack of effort from the private schools.
Sure, the kids that live in the district but go to parochial school.

What about the kids that grow up in the Oak Hills public schools? I don’t see much of that outreach. I think you knew what I meant.

Sure, the kids that live in the district but go to parochial school.

What about the kids that grow up in the Oak Hills public schools? I don’t see much of that outreach. I think you knew what I meant.
I know what you meant and you're wrong as is most often the case. You just make up things to attack Elder for and get a rise out of these folks. It's weird.

I know what you meant and you're wrong as is most often the case. You just make up things to attack Elder for and get a rise out of these folks. It's weird.
What am I wrong about? So you’re telling me that a whole bunch of kids that grow up going to Oak Hills public schools from K-8 are all switching to Elder when high school rolls around?

That’s news to me and I’m guessing everyone here. Who’s making stuff up? Please prove this “tremendous amount” of enrollment from Oak Hills feeders LOL

St William comprised all the Price Hills schools: St Lawrence, Holy Family and Resurrection.

All of these schools are now under Victory as well.

I’m not talking about recruiting for sports. I’m just talking about normal recruiting. So are they recruiting non Catholic kids from Price Hill, Downtown, Westwood, Northern KY, OHSD?

I don't know. There is an eastside family I know that got a mailer. I don't know exactly what's legal/illegal, but I know Elder can't just go around recruiting football players.

I don't know. There is an eastside family I know that got a mailer. I don't know exactly what's legal/illegal, but I know Elder can't just go around recruiting football players.
I never said they should. It’s funny how no one can answer very simple questions.

Elder fan: “Man, with schools consolidating and less Catholics around, we need to start to get more kids in here to continue to compete”

Random intelligent person: “well oak hills has 2,500 students and live in the same area you get the Catholic kids, why not go after them more aggressively”

Elder fan: “Nah”

Random intelligent person: “well what about the area right around Elder, or Even downtown and Westwood - those are all close enough to elder to pull kids from”

Elder fan: “Nah”

Random intelligent person: “well then what’s left”

Elder fan: “Guess we’re stuck with feeder kids, oh well - I heard Victory has a stud 4th grader”

Fools.

What am I wrong about? So you’re telling me that a whole bunch of kids that grow up going to Oak Hills public schools from K-8 are all switching to Elder when high school rolls around?

That’s news to me and I’m guessing everyone here. Who’s making stuff up? Please prove this “tremendous amount” of enrollment from Oak Hills feeders LOL
Waiting…

Almost always the son of a former Elder “star” who’s been penciled into the varsity spot as an 8 year old. Mostly because he’s 2 years older than everyone else.

St. Xavier has several impact Varsity players from Elder feeders. It's a legitimate question where the dad went to high school. All we can hope is when they shadow Elder if they do that Elder does their best to sell the school and football program.

Elder has been letting feeder talent get out somehow the last few years.

St. Xavier has several impact Varsity players from Elder feeders. It's a legitimate question where the dad went to high school. All we can hope is when they shadow Elder if they do that Elder does their best to sell the school and football program.

Elder has been letting feeder talent get out somehow the last few years.
Why is that surprising to you? You just said yourself that the feeder system doesn’t even exist anymore. Jesus Christ be consistent.

Not to mention, Saint X is a really really good school. I’m not saying elder isn’t, but they are going to continue to take kids from the west side because they’re such a good school and there are zero boundary restrictions either. So of course it’s going to happen, they are putting the full court press on these kids, and elder people don’t even realize it, and think it’s unethical For elder to do the same thing.

Still waiting…

Why is that surprising to you? You just said yourself that the feeder system doesn’t even exist anymore. Jesus Christ be consistent.

Not to mention, Saint X is a really really good school. I’m not saying elder isn’t, but they are going to continue to take kids from the west side because they’re such a good school and there are zero boundary restrictions either. So of course it’s going to happen, they are putting the full court press on these kids, and elder people don’t even realize it, and think it’s unethical For elder to do the same thing.

I didn't say that. Elder has a set of core feeder schools regardless of boundaries being open.

St X is actively RECRUITING westside kids (as they should).

If they are active on this side of town, why would it surprise you they are pulling talent away?

The same way that if Elder was active in recruiting more broadly, they would be seeing that success as well. That tells me they’re really not doing it as much as everyone says they are.

Either that, or they’re not very good at it.

Last edited:
elder and lasalle already have kids from the OH schools. OH is at fault for letting these D1 kids get away.

and i agree, the OH is largest school in the state is getting old. they really aren't close to being the largest. and even if it was the largest doesn't mean they have talent walking the halls. lots of kids doesn't equal successful football. there are other factors that do that.

jtk
()

Who are all of these kids from Oak Hills grade schools walking the halls at Elder? A handful maybe, but you’re making it out to be that they’re getting a significant amount.

I think you’re full of poo poo.

Almost always the son of a former Elder “star” who’s been penciled into the varsity spot as an 8 year old. Mostly because he’s 2 years older than everyone else.
That last comment about kids being 2 years old is bull, name a few in past several years that went to Elder! You just make crap up!!

I think a big challenge with recruiting from the Oak Hill feeder schools is the overall animosity between the two schools that go along way back to the late 70's/early 80's. Hard to recruit a Bridgetown 8th grader to Elder/LaSalle if parents can’t stand the parochial schools system. Remember 5th grade baseball games between Delhi baseball association and westside grade schools that turned very “ugly” between the parents – there was a reason why the GWAC formed their own baseball league.

X is looked at a little differently. Back in the early 2000, I asked a parent why so many people from Visi sending their kids to St X/Ursula and the response was that a lot of the parents were Oak Hills grads.

elder and lasalle already have kids from the OH schools. OH is at fault for letting these D1 kids get away.

and i agree, the OH is largest school in the state is getting old. they really aren't close to being the largest. and even if it was the largest doesn't mean they have talent walking the halls. lots of kids doesn't equal successful football. there are other factors that do that.

jtk
()

Have you talked with any coaches over there? There are athletes not playing sports that would make them more competitive.