2021 St. Edward Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s not something new. The wrestling team has worn black for 30 years. Rugby also
I’m talking about All the schools. That’s why you have school colors. Black is usually not one of them. Tradition and school pride is in the school colors.

I’m talking about All the schools. That’s why you have school colors. Black is usually not one of them. Tradition and school pride is in the school colors.
Wearing Black is probably considered more inclusive these days??‍♂️ Nothing worse than wearing black on a hot day out on the 120 degree turf!

Wearing Black is probably considered more inclusive these days??‍♂️ Nothing worse than wearing black on a hot day out on the 120 degree turf!
Yeah. I get all that. Then change your school colors to black and see what the alumni and community think about that. Maybe it doesn’t matter

Yeah. I get all that. Then change your school colors to black and see what the alumni and community think about that. Maybe it doesn’t matter
The "maybe it doesn't matter" part pertains most to this. Doesn't seem like black uniforms affected the play on the field.

Lol, I'm guessing if pink uniforms would guarantee a St. Ed's 40-point win against St. Ignatius year in and year out, the alumni and community would probably get over it.

The "maybe it doesn't matter" part pertains most to this. Doesn't seem like black uniforms affected the play on the field.

Lol, I'm guessing if pink uniforms would guarantee a St. Ed's 40-point win against St. Ignatius year in and year out, the alumni and community would probably get over it.
Right now Eds doesn't need any particular color to beat Ignatius. 3 years running and 4 seems likely.

I think the uniform play was one that speaks more about the current kids and culture around football teams. Ohio State, Notre Dame, Michigan, all have had special jerseys from their sponsors year in and year out. Oregon has made it their thing to do special jerseys for every game. I'm not sure it has a lot with the actual product on the field, but I think it does generate buzz and excitement for the current and next generation of students right now. I thought the black uniforms looked good and as long as they remain something that only are used for special games and the default uniforms are what they've been I'm ok with it.

For some actual football thoughts. The Pit is always a challenge as is making the trip to Cincinnati. I'm curious to see how well the o-line plays with Roebuck there, he really did well against Mentor's big recruit Vernon. They say Offensive lines always travel and I would think that holds true this week. I still believe it will be a dog fight, Elder should be chomping at the bit to play a game and a win over St. Ed's would be massive for them. Ramos played his best game at qb last week and the more I think about the receiving corps the more I think they are just an extremely balanced unit that make plays on the ball. Another game against a quality team should provide us some insights to learn more about this year's team.

I think the uniform play was one that speaks more about the current kids and culture around football teams. Ohio State, Notre Dame, Michigan, all have had special jerseys from their sponsors year in and year out. Oregon has made it their thing to do special jerseys for every game. I'm not sure it has a lot with the actual product on the field, but I think it does generate buzz and excitement for the current and next generation of students right now. I thought the black uniforms looked good and as long as they remain something that only are used for special games and the default uniforms are what they've been I'm ok with it.

For some actual football thoughts. The Pit is always a challenge as is making the trip to Cincinnati. I'm curious to see how well the o-line plays with Roebuck there, he really did well against Mentor's big recruit Vernon. They say Offensive lines always travel and I would think that holds true this week. I still believe it will be a dog fight, Elder should be chomping at the bit to play a game and a win over St. Ed's would be massive for them. Ramos played his best game at qb last week and the more I think about the receiving corps the more I think they are just an extremely balanced unit that make plays on the ball. Another game against a quality team should provide us some insights to learn more about this year's team.
Yeah, but this is HS football. Who cares what the elitist college football teams do. HS football is the last of the innocent and that’s going by the wayside. Props to the HS that keep their school colors. I guess winning means you can dress however you want. It is what it is. Good luck all.

Another solid win by the eagles. 3 ints one for a pick six. Ramos doing very well throwing and running the football. Pete pappas d coordinator has the defense playing very hungry since loss to Medina. 4 games 4 running clocks. Team is all business. They are using the loss to Medina as motivation since off season. Next up Massillon

They highlighted the commitment to creating turnovers in a preseason interview with Lombardo. I haven’t seen an eagle defense this fun to watch since the Ryan Express from 2003.

The 2021 Eagles continue to pass some early season tests. D looks solid and the O continues to improve each week. Next up the Tigers at Paul Brown Stadium. Go Eagles!

They highlighted the commitment to creating turnovers in a preseason interview with Lombardo. I haven’t seen an eagle defense this fun to watch since the Ryan Express from 2003.
I thought of that too. The athleticism of this year's defense reminds me of that 2003 D. The offense is much better than that 2003 team though. Going down to the Pit and blowing out Elder is a big deal, that's a tough place to play against a tough opponent. Massillon will be another challenge. But the ingredients are there if the team continues to work hard.

2014 was a very special group with a lot of blue chip talent, but this years version of the green wall is definitely a good one. Pappas has them playing very well. I thought he went to the corner/safety blitz bag a little too often yesterday (and got burned a few times), but they are an aggressive and swarming unit. No real weaknesses at any level.

PDC would say that Ed would beat Ig wearing their birthday suits.

Another solid win by the eagles. 3 ints one for a pick six. Ramos doing very well throwing and running the football. Pete pappas d coordinator has the defense playing very hungry since loss to Medina. 4 games 4 running clocks. Team is all business. They are using the loss to Medina as motivation since off season. Next up Massillon
As an old Air Force colleague (from the rural South) used to say "They gonna knock the mess outta 'em"...

Pleasantly surprised by the Eagles performance against Elder. Yet another big challenge with Masillon this weekend. Should be a great game.

This team is looking pretty good, I know that’s an understatement.

I have underestimated this team. On paper heading into the season, I didn’t see anything extraordinary. I didn’t think too highly of Ramos’ arm. I didn’t see the kind of dynamic weapons at receiver and running back that the Eagles have had in previous years. I didn’t see the kind of line play on either side (especially on defense with Bixby down) that they have had in previous years. And yet, here they are off to a really fantastic start. Still a wats to go.

Was I so crazy in my assessment of this team? I thought on paper they had at least five or six teams better than this one just since 2010.

Ed?

Ig?

I don't know those teams.
1024px-Ed_Sheeran-6826_(cropped).jpg
vs.
StciRZEb_400x400.jpg
Prefer Ed not be wearing his birthday suit.

Watching the game vs. Elder it looked like the offensive line that replaced the starters were every bit as big. Lot's of good size linemen junior and sophomore classes.

This team is looking pretty good, I know that’s an understatement.

I have underestimated this team. On paper heading into the season, I didn’t see anything extraordinary. I didn’t think too highly of Ramos’ arm. I didn’t see the kind of dynamic weapons at receiver and running back that the Eagles have had in previous years. I didn’t see the kind of line play on either side (especially on defense with Bixby down) that they have had in previous years. And yet, here they are off to a really fantastic start. Still a wats to go.

Was I so crazy in my assessment of this team? I thought on paper they had at least five or six teams better than this one just since 2010.
This year was always going to come down to Ramos taking the next step as a passer. After a shaky week 1 against TCC, he's really settled in and the playbook has expanded exponentially from what they were able to call all of last year. We've certainly seen more talented skill players in years past, but Goodall, Manning, and Miller are a pretty good trifecta at receiver. Miller moving to the slot from this RB position last year has been a major boon to the offense. I believe he is leading the team in catches. Enovitch is an underrated athlete at RB. The implementation of the sophomore Roebuck at RT has also changed the dynamic of the offense, from what was honestly a small(ish) OL by our standards.

Defensively, the expectations were pretty high coming into this year with the amount of players returning. Losing Bixby hurts, but Kilbane was a known commodity at the JV level last year that we expected to come on this year in a big way. He hasn't disappointed. Gedeon was another guy that logged rare minutes as a sophomore last year and is really starting to flash as a junior. Those two have been living in offensive backfields this season so far.

I guess it is better than a Bye, but adding Beacon Hill, an ambitious team full of home schoolers, is less than exciting. Considered a Club team, so no points, but since they may not win a game that is a good thing.

I guess it is better than a Bye, but adding Beacon Hill, an ambitious team full of home schoolers, is less than exciting. Considered a Club team, so no points, but since they may not win a game that is a good thing.
I figured the pickings would be slim to replace BS. Little tune up before Ignatius I guess.

Right now Eds doesn't need any particular color to beat Ignatius. 3 years running and 4 seems likely.
Who cares what you wear, win or lose. Wear your F’ing school colors. Done with the, let’s be cool stuff.

Solid game last night by the Eagles in Massillon. Offense racked up lot's of yards with a balanced attack, but we couldn't put away the Tigers as they continues to fight back. Looking forward to the back end of the schedule and watching the Eagles continue to progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.