Bishop Hartley vs Ursuline (Youngstown) Thursday, August 19, 2021

Wo do you thing will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

At 5:00 Mass last Sunday, I noticed Brad and little Burch having a tough time, eyeballing the ceiling like all of us during Father Kessler's sagacious but loquacious homily (Brad's an English teacher - he'll love that) - not that I wasn't also driven to distraction, and I thought hey, Brad knock it off. That's exactly what Dan Reardon is going to be doing in the second quarter of your first game. When will this ever end... he's just eating up the clock. LOL. Massive body sweep to the short side all night. Not sure the Irish are up for Chris Sawyer hit em again slow ball, but they sure look like they got some meat and potatoes up front. Should be a great one. I'll probably wear some Notre Game gear to get in the spirit of things and be friendly to the hosts.

At 5:00 Mass last Sunday, I noticed Brad and little Burch having a tough time, eyeballing the ceiling like all of us during Father Kessler's sagacious but loquacious homily (Brad's an English teacher - he'll love that) - not that I wasn't also driven to distraction, and I thought hey, Brad knock it off.
I didn't know the Burchfields went to St. Bernadette Parish. Darn!

Hard time picking against the Hawks in this one but nevertheless Ursuline is always good. This should be a slug fest. Hartley will get a big run in the third qtr and grind the game out in the 4th.

Hartley 21
Ursuline 14

Hard time picking against the Hawks in this one but nevertheless Ursuline is always good. This should be a slug fest. Hartley will get a big run in the third qtr and grind the game out in the 4th.

Hartley 21
Ursuline 14
I could see it going either way with a big run either way. Ursuline has the most talent they have had in the last 5 years or so. I’m sure the hawks are loaded as well

Too bad that this one is right out of the gate. It's a coin toss. Living in Cincinnati I got to see the Irish at Bishop Watterson in '19, with whom Ursuline has had a nice series going over the years. I wish this game was in Columbus, too, but it was scheduled there last year. I think this is the 1st meeting between the two. Up until now other Franklin Co. teams vs. Ursuline have been St. Charles, Bishop Ready, & Columbus East. Only Watterson has beaten the Irish. Hartley is formidable.

I didn't know the Burchfields went to St. Bernadette Parish. Darn!
St Catherine in Bexley. I don't think Father Kessler has been at Bernadette's for a long time. Our current pastor is also a native son of that parish. We're still in Pickerington-ish, but we've quit going to Seton. Sometimes I see them on Saturday at Christ The King when I gotta do Saturday. I'm assuming that he goes fairly frequently to daily Mass at Christ the King too. I don't, but when I do go I often see him there. That's kinda what annoys me when people comment about him making the sign of the cross on the sidelines. It's not a vain action; he is a religious guy.

Daniel Tooson, Hartley
Tooson, a two-way lineman, was first team All-Ohio in Division III last season, as well as first team in the Central District and on the all-CCL team. He had 15 tackles for loss and eight sacks. Tooson holds offers from Cincinnati, Akron, Eastern Michigan and Eastern Illinois.

Daniel Tooson, Hartley
Tooson, a two-way lineman, was first team All-Ohio in Division III last season, as well as first team in the Central District and on the all-CCL team. He had 15 tackles for loss and eight sacks. Tooson holds offers from Cincinnati, Akron, Eastern Michigan and Eastern Illinois.
Really solid player right here. Hopefully he finds his way down to Cincy, would love to see him as a bearcat.

Daniel Tooson, Hartley

Good player with a good dad. His dad used to be the head coach at Northland. I always root for anyone with City League Ties!
The Hawks appear locked and loaded this year, it should be a great year for Coach Burchfield. Sucks to hear about the Hawks wrestling standout who is also a stud on the football field Dylan Newsome. He got injured at Fargo, it doesn't look good for football. I hope he has a speedy recovery!

A great game but by 3 scores? Ursuline has some absolute studs this season. It’ll come down to turnovers and special teams.
That my be true, because it is the first game of the season and mistakes will happen. I believe that both of these team will play at a high level and anything can happen. Good luck to both teams, play fair, have fun and stay safe.

Hartley should be one of the premiere teams in D3 this year. Can’t see Ursuline all of a sudden be elite when they’ve barely been competitive last few years.

Last I heard them and Mooney were working to consolidate schools.