College Football Conference Shuffling

Looks like a top 32 mega-conference that wouldn't include 100% of the SEC, ACC, B1G, etc. Only the elite.
Take from the
SEC: Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Florida, Auburn, Texas AM, UK ( For basketball reasons)
Big 12: Oklahoma, Texas, West Virginia, Oklahoma State, Iowa State
B1G: Ohio State, Penn State, Wisconsin, Iowa, Nebraska, MSU, Michigan, Maryland (to keep East coast interest),
PAC12: USC, Arizona, Stanford, Washington, Oregon.
ACC: Clemson, FSU, N. Carolina, Miami, Va Tech, Virginia.
Notre Dame

Sounds crazy but this whole thing sounded crazy 2 weeks ago.

The Big 12 Conference is accusing ESPN, their business partner, of manipulating this current wave of conference realignment to the detriment of the Big 12. Allegedly, ESPN may be giving incentives to other leagues to strongly persuade them to raid the remaining 8 members of the Big 12 Conference (obviously excluding UT and OU assuming their SEC move is a done deal). It's unclear what conference(s) ESPN may be conspiring with and what the incentives may be, but one could imagine it's the PAC-12, ACC, and AAC. The PAC-12 pondered adding Big 12 members years ago (and did add one in Colorado), WVU (among others) to the ACC isn't unrealistic, and then I saw some articles that the AAC could try to pursue Big 12 leftovers (although it's unclear who would win the raid if the AAC targets the Big 12 and the Big 12 also targets the AAC). The motive for ESPN? The dissolution of the Big 12 Conference and thus OU and UT no longer being held to their media deal through 2025. $$$. Are all of these ideas/allegations/manipulations completely accurate and 100% the truth? Not sure. Just the beginning of the chatter with more in depth stories to come by those journalists. The Big 12 sent a letter (photo below), so there has to be some truth. The extent of it? Buckle up, we're just getting started.

How big is the AAC willing to get? It's already at 12 looking to add as many from the Big XII as want to join?
Probably. AAC isn't exactly in the driver's seat, so they'll probably take what they can get. AAC has 11 football playing members so they have room to grow.

Judging by the media rights deal the AAC inked a couple years ago...any combination of schools from the Big 12 should be a financial plus for them. I'd think they'd want as many as possible, and if the ACC and/or PAC raided a couple of the better brands like Kansas and West Virginia the rest would be forced to abandon ship.

Anybody else notice the signature on that Big XII letter? It's so bad it almost looks like a seismograph reading.

I love it when someone calls out ESPN. Pretty sure ESPN will win the war but it's still fun to watch.

I think they are working towards getting it back, and will get it back in the near future. Their loss of membership seems to have been largely based on two technicalities.

The medical school is not considered as being part of the UNL campus as it's in Omaha, the organization just sees it as being part of the broader Nebraska university system, and a hefty chunk of the school's research is agricultural which appears to have different (and viewed less highly) peer review/publication standards.

I think they are working towards getting it back, and will get it back in the near future. Their loss of membership seems to have been largely based on two technicalities.

The medical school is not considered as being part of the UNL campus as it's in Omaha, the organization just sees it as being part of the broader Nebraska university system, and a hefty chunk of the school's research is agricultural which appears to have different (and viewed less highly) peer review/publication standards.
Is agriculture frowned upon or is Nebraska proposing radical methods of growing corn?
I have always felt Ohio State should change its name back to the original Ohio A&M.

Is agriculture frowned upon or is Nebraska proposing radical methods of growing corn?
I have always felt Ohio State should change its name back to the original Ohio A&M.
It sounded to me like that organization doesn't view most agricultural research as being peer reviewed, competitive, etc. and effectively they devalue it compared to say medical or scientific research.

Even if they do, if it came down to bringing in Cal in a PAC 12 merger, or keeping Nebraska, I don't know that Nebraska wins

Even if they do, if it came down to bringing in Cal in a PAC 12 merger, or keeping Nebraska, I don't know that Nebraska wins
I can't see the Big Ten kicking anyone out... especially a school that's a borderline top-20 revenue brand in spite of their historical powerhouse football program being hot garbage the last several years. If they ever figure out how to football again, they'd be the 4th biggest revenue producer in the league and probably borderline top-10 nationally.

If they do expand, I don't think there's going to be any predetermined number. IMO they'd take any combination of those better PAC brands as long as everyone's revenue slice gets bigger than it currently is. I could see going to 18, 20, 21, or possibly even more.

ND cannot come over to the B1G for some time. Clemso... I mean the ACC holds their full grant of rights, (which includes football) through the 2035-2036 academic year.