Fox News: Minorities and the poor do not deserve $15/hr.

This dude should expect a little something extra in his burger the next time he has to slum it at the drive-thru.

Raising minimum wage is a bandaid on a gunshot wound. We need to stop this ridiculous inflation.

Food and housing prices have been steadily rising for decades due to reckless actions by the Federal Reserve which disproportionately impact the working class. Raising wages to $15 will help for a couple weeks then next month when their rents go up another 10% they will struggle again.

Are central bankers are inherently bad people?

For all the people who think Mara Gay is racist for what she said on MSNBC the other day, would you say the same towards Arthur Laffer?
I posted that Mara Gay is a racist, not sure this guy is a racist but he is certainly an idiot. Probably should have just stuck with people entering the workforce aren't worth $15 an hour, not sure why he thought the poor, minorities or disenfranchised was necessary. In fairness, I usually only watch clips of these talking head shows on this site because I think most of these people are biased idiots who are pushing their left wing or right wing propaganda. Mara Gay has a history of stupid racist comments like the one she made the other day. Arthur Laffer could be a racist, I won't let one comment define him, but I do think what he said was pretty stupid though I tend to agree that cats shouldn't be making $15 an hour flipping burgers at fast food joints.

I posted that Mara Gay is a racist, not sure this guy is a racist but he is certainly an idiot. Probably should have just stuck with people entering the workforce aren't worth $15 an hour, not sure why he thought the poor, minorities or disenfranchised was necessary. In fairness, I usually only watch clips of these talking head shows on this site because I think most of these people are biased idiots who are pushing their left wing or right wing propaganda. Mara Gay has a history of stupid racist comments like the one she made the other day. Arthur Laffer could be a racist, I won't let one comment define him, but I do think what he said was pretty stupid though I tend to agree that cats shouldn't be making $15 an hour flipping burgers at fast food joints.
Because it's the truth, not too many rich people flip burgers.

Out of curiosity, and I'm asking honestly, who deserves $15 an hour, in your opinion?
As with everything else it is a supply and demand issue. Company I worked for tried lowering the starting wage several years ago and some of those people they hired left and went elsewhere. Because of that, they raised their starting wage back up close to 21 bucks an hr. It is all about supply and demand and the type of skill a company needs to fill their workforce with.

As with everything else it is a supply and demand issue. Company I worked for tried lowering the starting wage several years ago and some of those people they hired left and went elsewhere. Because of that, they raised their starting wage back up close to 21 bucks an hr. It is all about supply and demand and the type of skill a company needs to fill their workforce with.
Cedar Point recently raised minimum wage to $20 an hour due to a staffing shortage. It’s unclear how they accomplished this seeing that the legal minimum wage is much lower than that figure

Chipotle announced raising prices on menu items up to 4% so it can accommodate $15/hr starting pay. That bumps the steak burrito at the location nearest to me from $9.10 to $9.46. That's not a bridge too far for a consumer like me.

Haha, you dudes pushing for a $15 minnimum wage at fast food restaurants are a joke. I think it's funny the more you dudes push for this the more automated fast food restaurants become. Minnimum wage should be more selective not carte blanche across all labor. The reality is there are some jobs that just don't warrant that kind of pay just because you show up every day. Fast food type jobs, below manager level, are not meant to be family support type work.

Last edited:
Saw at White Castle they had a sign with the old starting price crossed out and the new one of 15 written in

Chipotle announced raising prices on menu items up to 4% so it can accommodate $15/hr starting pay. That bumps the steak burrito at the location nearest to me from $9.10 to $9.46. That's not a bridge too far for a consumer like me.
May mean the use of cicadas instead of black beans though ??

Why? Because what he said may hurt your sensitivities? What he said is the brutal truth, but no worries, I’m sure theses unemployable will be taken care of by mother government
He didn't hurt my sensitivities. I'm sorry if you're mad at the government though. Seems like a waste of energy.

No one DESERVES anything.

Everything should be EARNED.
That’s insightful. Wages are generally earned. You guys just don’t get it. You don’t like that entry level workers demand 15-20 bucks an hour. Get with the times and pay attention. The gig economy is a huge driver to what is happening. My son worked as a clerk at wine store as a senior in high school and the first couple of years in college. He started at $9 and hour and ended up at $11. They begged him to come back but last year he started delivering Grub Hub. Instead of $11 and 8-10 hour retail shifts, he makes $20 an hour and works whenever he feels like it. We ain’t living in the 70’s and 80’s anymore. My God.