Electric Cars - Autos - What's Next !

I own a Camry Hybrid; never had a problem with it and it is a good car; having said that, will never buy another Hybrid or Electric car.
My friend also owns a Camry Hybrid, his battery went out, car won't run without it and it takes 6 weeks to get a replacement battery; not to mention it is a grossly expensive battery[$4,000]. I couple that with Ohio's Hybrid tax and my next car will be gas only.
I am also skeptical of electric cars in a Ohio winter.

We have leftists telling us that gender is malleable, racism is the way to fight racism, injustice is the way to achieve justice, and all manner of kooky cultural and moral ideas. They tell us that everyone has their own personal truth - and they demand that be respected.

But observe carefully - when someone has an experience that contradicts their kooky ideas, they are stupid, liars, and so forth.

Such is the dystopia these confused souls want to impose on us.

I recently read a good editorial about what's wrong with the 2035 goal for all cars being electric. Some of the cons about were listed.
1. Infrastruture - This is infrastructure of existing homes. It will be very costly to equip all homes with the wiring and electrical generation to handle all of the charging.
2. Infrastructre II - The grid already gets taxed to the limit where some major metropolitan areas have blackouts or threaten blackouts when there is usage demands like during heat waves in the summer. How will the grid handle all of these vehicles added to the demand?
3. Long distance travel will be an issue. Not only will building the charging stations be an issue but it takes time to charge a vehicle so waiting for one to complete before you even plug yours in will cause huge time increases for over the road travel.
3a. Truccking industry will become a log jam transporting goods.
4. Mining of the raw materials required for batteris is bad for the environment just as much if not more than oil drilling.
5. Disposing of the expired batteries will become a logistical nightmare for the environmentalist.

There was more but these were some good points about the hurried move to all electric by 2035.

Last edited:
I recently read a good editorial about what's wrong with the 2035 goal for all cars being electric. Some of the cons about were listed.
1. Infrastruture - This is infrastructure of existing homes. It will be very costly to equip all homes with the wiring and electrical generation to handle all of the charging.
2. Infrastructre II - The grid already gets taxed to the limit where some major metropolitan areas have blackouts or threaten blackouts when there is husage demands like during heat waves in the summer. How will the grid handle all of these vehicles added to the demand?
3. Long distance travel will be an issue. Not only will building the charging stations be an issue but it takes time to charge a vehicle so waiting for one to complete before you even plug yours in will cause huge time increases for over the road travel.
4. Mining of the raw materials required for batteris is bad for the environment just as much if not more than oil drilling.
5. Disposing of the expired batteries will become a logistical nightmare for the environmentalist.

There was more but these were some good points about the hurried move to all electric by 2035.
All this is why Dumb Joe Biden wants you to ride the train instead!

Just like the 1940's!

Well, someone peed in your Wheaties this morning.

I relayed my relatives experience - and did it very accurately except for the 24 times thing which I had taken literally.

But here you are calling people you dont know liars and stupid - and declaring their experience false. That would require some abilities that are beyond the grasp of mere mortals, so the pee in your bowl must have done something miraculous to you.

My sis texted me back:

"Basically just what you said. If you don't travel far, it's fine. It was fine when I used it over here on this side of town because I'm pretty much just went to work and back but when I wanted to go to Xxxxx 's, it lies about how many miles you have. When you go up hill, it sucks all the power out and it doesn't reflect it on the miles and you will get stranded."

"Then they act like there's charging stations everywhere but the truth is that they were in such high demand that often times, we couldn't even get plugged in as there were people charging their cars. The next problem is if you don't have a super charger then it takes about 10 hours to charge your car. The super charging stations are just not that handy. There's very few of them."

If that is their experience, maybe they arent the ones who are stupid liars or dont understand the practical nature of how the technology works.
This story has changed with every post. It started with it dying on a 106 mile ride to Cottonwood with 2 dozen other tows. It then evolved to a 140 mile ride to Flagstaff and a few tows. I highly doubt that either are true based on your track record and the fact that it still makes zero sense relative to the technology that the car has that prevents this from happening. Battery life is much more effected by running a heater than AC and never would 300 miles degrade to less than 140. It is far more likely that your sister had less than a full charge, ignored the software and tried to make it without charging. That is no different than running out of gas. Operator stupidity. In sum, your attempt to throw FUD fell way short and instead of just moving on, you keep doubling down on BS.

We have leftists telling us that gender is malleable, racism is the way to fight racism, injustice is the way to achieve justice, and all manner of kooky cultural and moral ideas. They tell us that everyone has their own personal truth - and they demand that be respected.

But observe carefully - when someone has an experience that contradicts their kooky ideas, they are stupid, liars, and so forth.

Such is the dystopia these confused souls want to impose on us.
Your experience was a collection of lies.

Last edited:
I own a Camry Hybrid; never had a problem with it and it is a good car; having said that, will never buy another Hybrid or Electric car.
My friend also owns a Camry Hybrid, his battery went out, car won't run without it and it takes 6 weeks to get a replacement battery; not to mention it is a grossly expensive battery[$4,000]. I couple that with Ohio's Hybrid tax and my next car will be gas only.
I am also skeptical of electric cars in a Ohio winter.
there is so much expense in the handling of the batteries.....

2. Infrastructre II - The grid already gets taxed to the limit where some major metropolitan areas have blackouts or threaten blackouts when there is usage demands like during heat waves in the summer. How will the grid handle all of these vehicles added to the demand?

Nobody is saying they are going to take over the world. The point is that they are prime time ready now for the majority of drivers. Most automobiles are rarely driven over 300 miles in a day. If you do that often, they are not for you. Where I live in Ohio, there are Teslas all over. I see them every day and know several people that own them. They love them. I see even more in Florida. For the life of me, I don’t understand why people trash them. Especially, when they do not have any direct experience. It’s very odd.

This story has changed with every post. It started with it dying on a 106 mile ride to Cottonwood with 2 dozen other tows. It then evolved to a 140 mile ride to Flagstaff and a few tows. I highly doubt that either are true based on your track record and the fact that it still makes zero sense relative to the technology that the car has that prevents this from happening. Battery life is much more effected by running a heater than AC and never would 300 miles degrade to less than 140. It is far more likely that your sister had less than a full charge, ignored the software and tried to make it without charging. That is no different than running out of gas. Operator stupidity. In sum, your attempt to throw FUD fell way short and instead of just moving on, you keep doubling down on BS.
Listen - there are so many falsehoods in that screed that I'm just going to tell you that whatever caused your breakdown, seek some help. You are irrational and the emotion you are investing in judging others' experience and opinion - that you know nothing about - is, well, bizarre.

Take a week break. Go on a vacation. Recenter and recharge. I'm pulling for you.

Listen - there are so many falsehoods in that screed that I'm just going to tell you that whatever caused your breakdown, seek some help. You are irrational and the emotion you are investing in judging others' experience and opinion - that you know nothing about - is, well, bizarre.

Take a week break. Go on a vacation. Recenter and recharge. I'm pulling for you.
LOL. Or just don’t post obvious BS.

Some days I envy how much time others have on their hands, other days I'm embarrassed for them.

Nobody is saying they are going to take over the world. The point is that they are prime time ready now for the majority of drivers. Most automobiles are rarely driven over 300 miles in a day. If you do that often, they are not for you. Where I live in Ohio, there are Teslas all over. I see them every day and know several people that own them. They love them. I see even more in Florida. For the life of me, I don’t understand why people trash them. Especially, when they do not have any direct experience. It’s very odd.
After all that blah blah blah you didn't say a word about the issues that were mentioned. As for your bolded statement they have stated only EV vehicles are to be produced by 2035. Again you folks live in some kind of alternative world and ignore reality.

After all that blah blah blah you didn't say a word about the issues that were mentioned. As for your bolded statement they have stated only EV vehicles are to be produced by 2035. Again you folks live in some kind of alternative world and ignore reality.
First, the only real issue that is keeping EV’s from at least 50% market share is price. People that toss out crap like “the weight wears out tires” are just being stupid. Total maintenance costs of gas engines dwarfs that of electric. There really are no other legitimate issues for the majority of drivers. Charging infrastructure will continue to expand but that is irrelevant for the majority of EV owners right now. Most of those cars will never even see a charging station because they are never driven more than 300 miles a day. Second, I have no idea who “they” is? If “they” is the car manufacturer’s, many have said they will stop building gas cars in the next 15-20 years. That does not include all trucks.

I am no EV zealot. I have an electric golf cart that is street legal that I can use for trips around my immediate neighborhood. My next car will be electric. There is no reason not to as that car will rarely be driven 300 miles in a day and it will last longer and cost a fraction to maintain. I will also keep a gas SUV for the foreseeable future as I need 1 vehicle for long haul trips with a lot of storage space. This will likely become a norm for 2 car families and will bring EV market share to almost 50% of new cars purchased within 10 years.

have not heard that .... how much does a replacement battery costs?
Depending on model, between 5-7K at today's costs. Of course, that is today and they will come down a good bit. The warrantee is currently 8 years on new models. I am doing a good bit or research right now as I will be likely buying in the next 12-18 months.

He really thinks that people are going to produce a vehicle that lasts 500k miles, with low maintenance costs at an affordable price. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Yeah, that's a great business model in a volume business.
How long do you think an electric motor lasts? They have virtually no moving parts. 500K is likely a low number. The maintenance costs are in the batteries. That question was already answered.

How long do you think an electric motor lasts? They have virtually no moving parts. 500K is likely a low number. The maintenance costs are in the batteries. That question was already answered.
We don't know if 500k is a good number. Once they start showing vehicles that have reached 500k with little maintenance, then that claim can be validated.

Aside from that, my statement stands..... Making a product that lasts a long, long time, with little maintenance cost, and offering that product at an affordable price in a volume business will never happen.

People don't want to keep a car for much more than 4 years, let alone 20 years.

LOL. Or just don’t post obvious BS.
Pot, meet kettle.

Heading to Va this morning for daughter's wedding this weekend. All planning details are taken care of and now nothing left but to enjoy. I have, to my knowledge, written every large check that needs to be written, but you never know when the ladies are in charge.

Anyway, I will talk to you guys next week. I leave the half-hinged leftists with god complexes in the capable hands of my conservative brethren.

:)

Pot, meet kettle.

Heading to Va this morning for daughter's wedding this weekend. All planning details are taken care of and now nothing left but to enjoy. I have, to my knowledge, written every large check that needs to be written, but you never know when the ladies are in charge.

Anyway, I will talk to you guys next week. I leave the half-hinged leftists with god complexes in the capable hands of my conservative brethren.

:)
Enjoy

We don't know if 500k is a good number. Once they start showing vehicles that have reached 500k with little maintenance, then that claim can be validated.

Aside from that, my statement stands..... Making a product that lasts a long, long time, with little maintenance cost, and offering that product at an affordable price in a volume business will never happen.
You are right. There are estimates that the motors could last to 1M miles. Time will tell. EC's will certainly change the automotive business model. It is the definition of a disruptive technology. There are entire industries that rely on gas motors for survival. Parts aftermarket and maintenance will dissipate and change dramatically. It's not just the oil opposition.

This is what makes tech advancement such a great thing. Those that deny it and try to hinder it will die and those that embrace it and build for the future will flourish. The auto companies get this which is why you see such aggressive shifts happening. Despite the obvious, some will never learn despite all the lessons over the years.

People don't want to keep a car for much more than 4 years, let alone 20 years.
LOL. Most people would love to not have to buy a care every 4-5 years. Even if they don't, there will be a nice used market for EV's, as well.