Minster Job Opening

Word is white smoke billowed and bells rang from Minster after the interviews last night.

If you know, you know what that means.
Imagine Private Catholic schools know what that means....
Private Catholic schools or anyone from Putnam or Mercer County lol

I have some sources very close to this decision and they said there is a lot of separation between the people who are supposed to make this hire, AD/School Board/Administration. Also several players are claiming if their guy isn’t hired they won’t play next year (that is a rumor, but I have heard it from several people so it seems to have legs). Some of the more influential people from town may be sticking their noses in as well and that doesn’t seem to be helping. For the sake of the MAC let’s hope they get it right.

I have some sources very close to this decision and they said there is a lot of separation between the people who are supposed to make this hire, AD/School Board/Administration. Also several players are claiming if their guy isn’t hired they won’t play next year (that is a rumor, but I have heard it from several people so it seems to have legs). Some of the more influential people from town may be sticking their noses in as well and that doesn’t seem to be helping. For the sake of the MAC let’s hope they get it right.
The people making a fuss are probably the same people that wanted Stokes out over the last couple years. I hope for Minster's sake they're smart enough to shut those voices out. I haven't ever seen an example when hiring or firing a coach based on what the parents wanted vs. the administration worked out in the long run.

There is no "legs" to the rumor that players won't play if they don't get "their choice". Not sure how credible your source may be.

Stop.

This will NOT happen.

Panther Skin: I have some sources very close to this decision and they said there is a lot of separation between the people who are supposed to make this hire, AD/School Board/Administration.

I have heard this.

Also several players are claiming if their guy isn’t hired they won’t play next year (that is a rumor, but I have heard it from several people so it seems to have legs).

This has no credibility. It’s not happening, whoever you heard that from doesn’t know Jack squat about this program. Those kids are going to work their tails off regardless of who steps in as the new football coach. Whoever the new Coach is, isn’t bringing in a new style, system, approach, or whatever you want to call it. He’s buying into the system that’s already here, he has to conform to the standard of the program.

Whoever the new Coach is, isn’t bringing in a new style, system, approach, or whatever you want to call it. He’s buying into the system that’s already here, he has to conform to the standard of the program.
You’re saying that Minster wants to hire a head coach that won’t be allowed to bring in his own system? I’m not buying that.

You’re saying that Minster wants to hire a head coach that won’t be allowed to bring in his own system? I’m not buying that.
I’m saying the kids know the precedent and the standard that was set and they’re not going to change the way they work.

LIkely some disconnect here, sort of like the game of telephone.

One candidate wanted to bring in the all 5 wide, all the time system and it was not well received.

They will allow a different system, just not one that is so one sided.

Last edited:
Probably what really happened is whoever they have tried to offer the job watched film from last year and JV/JR High film from the last couple of years and quickly withdrew their name from consideration.

LIkely some disconnect here, sort of like the game of telephone.

One candidate wanted to bring in the all 5 wide, all the time system and it was not well received.

They will allow a different system, just not one that is so one sided.
sounds like some possible out of state guys looking to make a return could fit the 5 wide bill

You may be right, but my sources are usually pretty good.
They are saying it now as they are trying to save face because of how much of a goat rope this has become.
Minster BOE has screwed the pooch on this one thus far.

All is not lost as they can still salvage and continue to be right behind New Bremen in success, but they need to get their heads out of their collective 4th point of contact or this could go south real quick.

Who is running the organization, Mike Brown?