Northwest Ohio Realignment

I like how the NHC separates their teams. The better programs are in the top league and the smaller/weaker programs are in the bottom league. And they are not necessarily based on school size.

Based on current leagues there are 6 TRAC schools, 7 NLL schools, and the 1 NBC school. It is a great combination of big and small and public and private schools.

I hope the conference continues in its current format.

I like how the NHC separates their teams. The better programs are in the top league and the smaller/weaker programs are in the bottom league. And they are not necessarily based on school size.

Based on current leagues there are 6 TRAC schools, 7 NLL schools, and the 1 NBC school. It is a great combination of big and small and public and private schools.

I hope the conference continues in its current format.
The biggest issue for the NHC is the declining number of programs. They only have 11 varsity teams left (3 teams in the league are club teams with players from multiple schools). The other three districts in Ohio all have 20 plus teams. The league isn't going anywhere but some schools situations are tenuous.

Yes. It's why Toledo leans Detroit in most sports over Cleveland, closer proximity and easier travel. To get to Tigers, Red Wings, Lions games door to door from downtown P-Burg takes me about 55-60 minutes till I'm parked. This is a huge win for the TRAC private schools, a league of all D1's with decent records is going to give them a huge computer points advantage over the NLL schools. NLL schools will have no choice but to play them in the non-conference season to try and nip that advantage by beating them outright
Great point - I don't know how likely the Toledo schools are to get wins against those teams, but don't all out-of-state second level points count as whatever division your first level opponent is?

The biggest issue for the NHC is the declining number of programs. They only have 11 varsity teams left (3 teams in the league are club teams with players from multiple schools). The other three districts in Ohio all have 20 plus teams. The league isn't going anywhere but some schools situations are tenuous.

Maybe they all could schedule up with the Detroit area schools. There's got to be some small schools too. Probably my bias but watching some clips of the state finals, they look a bit slower than our teams. ANyone know how SFS has done when they play up there?

Maybe they all could schedule up with the Detroit area schools. There's got to be some small schools too. Probably my bias but watching some clips of the state finals, they look a bit slower than our teams. ANyone know how SFS has done when they play up there?
They would hold their own win some games in that league but they wouldn't be on the level of the top teams (DCC, Brother Rice). To your other point, there are less small roster teams in Michigan because the MHSAA allows co-op teams. So you'll see combined teams at the varsity level rather than a few schools with half a roster.

Does the district refuse to fund certain sports or is there little interest in them from the students?
Hockey is a relatively expensive sport to play and the poverty rate at TPS schools is higher than average. TPS would likely sponsor hockey if some schools started playing. But that isnt likely to happen.

Does the district refuse to fund certain sports or is there little interest in them from the students?
They cut a few sports including hockey leading up to the TRAC exodus. I think Start was the only team left at that point. Waite had a team at one point too, not sure if there were any others.

Waite and Woodward had teams even up until recently (pre-2008). Having the Sports Arena helped both districts. Bowsher and Start also had hockey.

I could see a TPS United team. Where I used to live in Michigan, we saw alot of "United" teams amongst teams in close proximity since hockey is more of an expensive and exclusive sport

I could see a TPS United team. Where I used to live in Michigan, we saw alot of "United" teams amongst teams in close proximity since hockey is more of an expensive and exclusive sport
That would be a great idea and more importantly good for kids, which is something the OHSAA loses sight of sometimes. The same thing could be done for lacrosse and wrestling as well

Findlay BOE officially votes 5-0, to accept invitation to join Northern Lakes League. No surprise.
Oregon BOE votes Tuesday.
WLS BOE votes Wednesday.

Watched the last part(big part) of the Evergreen BOE meeting. Boy Howdy, what a mess. Anyway, they sent out surveys to residents and students to get their opinion on possible league change. Overall response was around 20 per cent. General consensus was that was a pitiful response. Biggest complaint from the students was that they had not really been informed enough to know what to think. A lot of people saying that without better youth programs it wouldn't matter what league they're in they won't be any better off than they are now. The board didn't think it was entirely their responsibility to form youth leagues and they would need the community to step up and help. The board hopes to get the students together at one time to explain to them the potential pros and cons of league change so that they are better informed. Someone also said that a coach suggested that they might stay in the NWOAL AND join another league. It was a late suggestion so there was not much detail on this plan and they are not even sure that the NWOAL by-laws would permit that option. One board member wondered why this had been thrown into Evergreen's lap when, as of right now, there has been no move by Swanton and they know Delta won't even bother until after the levy. They also addressed that Napoleon had committed to the NLL and BG had not really said what their plans are. If Swanton continues to wait on other schools to go first it seems like this is dead in the water. Like the guy said, Evergreen didn't start the league change talk and now they're supposedly on the hot seat to make a decision. Evergreen is going to inform their residents and students about the specifics and, hopefully, get more than 20 per cent feed back the next survey. One board member did say that if Swanton or Delta left that he would be in favor of leaving the NWOAL but he lives closer to those schools and didn't know what the people who live closer to Wauseon and Archbold would think. Anyway, that's the highlights.

I would be interesting to be a fly on the wall in the NLL discussions about where the 12th team is going to come from. They can't stay at 11 because that is a football scheduling nightmare. If the NWOAL stays together.....where does that small division school come from? Do they hope Maumee has a change of heart?

I would be interesting to be a fly on the wall in the NLL discussions about where the 12th team is going to come from. They can't stay at 11 because that is a football scheduling nightmare. If the NWOAL stays together.....where does that small division school come from? Do they hope Maumee has a change of heart?

I'm hoping for a team to come out of nowhere, that no one has thought of, to join the NLL and really shake things up around the area! haha

I think the NLL is honestly a complete show at the moment. How even would you draw divisions? Whitmer, Findlay, Perrysburg and Anthony Wayne are the four big schools, BG and Napoleon are the small schools, and Northview, Southview, Ross, Clay and Springfield are in a really awkward middle. I'll laugh if they need to actually schedule one of the private schools to fill games :LOL:

I think the NLL is honestly a complete show at the moment. How even would you draw divisions? Whitmer, Findlay, Perrysburg and Anthony Wayne are the four big schools, BG and Napoleon are the small schools, and Northview, Southview, Ross, Clay and Springfield are in a really awkward middle. I'll laugh if they need to actually schedule one of the private schools to fill games :LOL:
or the NLL begs/poaches Wauseon to come to the small division. That’s really the only school i could see fit and would work

or the NLL begs/poaches Wauseon to come to the small division. That’s really the only school i could see fit and would work
I don't think that would work. That would be a huge step up for Wauseon.

Clay - 874
Ross - 853
Southview - 745
BG - 714
Napoleon - 506
Wauseon - 418

I don't think that would work. That would be a huge step up for Wauseon.

Clay - 874
Ross - 853
Southview - 745
BG - 714
Napoleon - 506
Wauseon - 418

Not really. I only say that because Wauseon plays every school in the NLL in basketball , & wins majority of the games. They literally have a NLL schedule every year in basketball. i wouldn’t say it’s a step ahead because they already play each other too in every sport other than basketball.

BF95B6F9-06C0-438C-BA05-B047791CB419.jpeg

To me it is still Defiance or bust...there just isn't another school that makes sense out there, unless, of course, the NBC can't backfill Woodmore and theyre stuck at 7. Might be a situation where they tell Maumee 'sorry bout ya'.

Has anyone at Woodmore actually said that they are leaving the NBC. All that I've seen is on message boards.

Has anyone at Woodmore actually said that they are leaving the NBC. All that I've seen is on message boards.

They've recently indicated they are going to apply to SBC but I'm not confident that they'll be accepted. The interest/need isn't there like it was 1-2 years ago when there were concerns about more schools going to 8-man in the River. Do they have other options if the SBC is a "thanks but no thanks"? I'm guessing Oak Harbor would like to know...

To me it is still Defiance or bust...there just isn't another school that makes sense out there, unless, of course, the NBC can't backfill Woodmore and theyre stuck at 7. Might be a situation where they tell Maumee 'sorry bout ya'.

Defiance has already came out against it. NBC is currently at 8 with Maumee. With the SBC at a 6-7-9 setup it’s very likely that we get Oak Harbor jumping to the NBC for a solid 8 team league and Woodmore joining the SBC River to make that league 6-6-10

This is a disaster for football right now which is why this topic is so interesting. Can’t find a 12th except maybe Lima, and who the hell wants to be in the big division with AW, Perrysburg, Findlay and Whitmer?

This is a disaster for football right now which is why this topic is so interesting. Can’t find a 12th except maybe Lima, and who the hell wants to be in the big division with AW, Perrysburg, Findlay and Whitmer?

I don't see how it's a disaster? It would be better if Maumee had stuck around but they have Lima to fall back on for a twelfth if nothing else shakes out. You no longer have division 3-4 schools competing against division 1 schools. It seems like everyone in the league is pretty happy at the moment.

I don't see how it's a disaster? It would be better if Maumee had stuck around but they have Lima to fall back on for a twelfth if nothing else shakes out. You no longer have division 3-4 schools competing against division 1 schools. It seems like everyone in the league is pretty happy at the moment.
Northview has had one winning season in the last 14 years. Now they get to play Whitmer and Findlay too! They are stoked.

No surprise, Clay accepted the NLL invite. In the board video below, they mentioned what the divisions would look like:

Big Schools: Anthony Wayne, Fremont Ross, Findlay, Northview, Perrysburg, Whitmer

Small Schools: Bowling Green, Clay, Napoleon, Southview, Springfield

(at the 19:35 mark)