What's going on over at LaSalle?

cincyelder

Enough for the Archdiocese to send this out?

174149847_106277024919909_8073981219786186568_n.png

Elder should poach as many students (athletes or otherwise) as possible. This is why I always say, the GCL isn’t a Brotherhood. This is your competition and they’re going through some turmoil, capitalize on it. I’d expect the same if the shoe were on the other foot.

I believe there was mention of the Archdiocese not happy with Lasalle not hitting their enrollment and fundraising numbers. I don't know how true that is, because Lasalle had a big donation to upgrade the school.

So they removed the board members and replaced with a new board? It sounds like there are complaints of the principal but the Archdiocese is backing the principal? It's all very confusing.

It’s obvious LaSalle has changed their strategy over the last decade with an increased focus on recruiting athletes. I wonder if the traditional feeder families have had enough. You see a lot of “need to go back to values and culture that made LaSalle great”.

Sounds like the community feels they’re losing their school. Hope this doesn’t become a political fiasco.

Could be something completely different however.

I believe there was mention of the Archdiocese not happy with Lasalle not hitting their enrollment and fundraising numbers. I don't know how true that is, because Lasalle had a big donation to upgrade the school.

So they removed the board members and replaced with a new board? It sounds like there are complaints of the principal but the Archdiocese is backing the principal? It's all very confusing.

I’m assuming it’s financially related. Regardless, if there’s some 8th graders from James, Ignatius,etc reconsidering their enrollment, I hope Elder is there to swoop them up.

I know nothing of the LS situation. However, based on my experience, it could be simply the Archdiocese doesn't want to be challenged or disagreed with.

I know nothing of the LS situation. However, based on my experience, it could be simply the Archdiocese doesn't want to be challenged or disagreed with.
It says in the memo they’ve been at odds with the Board for several years. If the Diocese wanted to flex their muscle, they could’ve clamped down sooner.

It says in the memo they’ve been at odds with the Board for several years. If the Diocese wanted to flex their muscle, they could’ve clamped down sooner.

The timing could be due to a myriad of reasons. But, I suspect and don't know, it is all about what I suggested. And, would be completely fine with being wrong.

AoC wouldn’t “flex their muscle” for the longest time on issues with LaSalle because of the relationship they both have with Binzer? AoC has become a total joke? The AoC is sending out memos about the LaSalle Board while trying to put Binzer in a Pastoral role at a LaSalle feeder? Who more full of sh_t LaSalle Board and Principal or AoC?

AoC wouldn’t “flex their muscle” for the longest time on issues with LaSalle because of the relationship they both have with Binzer? AoC has become a total joke? The AoC is sending out memos about the LaSalle Board while trying to put Binzer in a Pastoral role at a LaSalle feeder? Who more full of sh_t LaSalle Board and Principal or AoC?
IDK but The Diocese has never been shy about using their power to quell any dissent.

The timing could be due to a myriad of reasons. But, I suspect and don't know, it is all about what I suggested. And, would be completely fine with being wrong.

What is Binzer connection with Lasalle?

What is Binzer connection with Lasalle?

He is an Alum that held or still holds a lot of power within the AoC

What I heard was a mediator was in place for the past several years trying to mend the relationship between the Principal & Board. The Archdiocese took the mediator’s recommendation and acted on it. It will be tough as some of the “prior” Board members are well to due and have influence in the community so could hurt future fund raising efforts.

The AoC is sending out memos about the LaSalle Board while trying to put Binzer in a Pastoral role at a LaSalle feeder?
What have you heard about Binzer being assigned to a La Salle feeder? Last summer he was assigned what appears to be mostly a desk job and hospital chaplain.

Effective June 22, 2020

• Most Reverend Bishop Binzer, Program Coordinator: Services for Senior Clergy; Director of Health and Hospital Ministries; Chaplain for the University of Cincinnati Medical Center, Cincinnati, and coordinating and overseeing all legal, financial and administrative aspects of immigration work for foreign priests.
Source: https://catholicaoc.org/news/new-assignments/2547

What I heard was a mediator was in place for the past several years trying to mend the relationship between the Principal & Board. The Archdiocese took the mediator’s recommendation and acted on it. It will be tough as some of the “prior” Board members are well to due and have influence in the community so could hurt future fund raising efforts.
According to this article from 5 years ago when the old principal (Tom Luebbe) was let go, the Archbishop, interim superintendent and La Salle's board all agreed that his contract should not be renewed. https://www.wcpo.com/news/education/lasalle-high-schools-longtime-principal-dismissed

When the current principal (Aaron Marshall) was hired the chairman of La Salle's board had nice things to say about him. https://www.lasallehs.net/news-story/~post/aaron-marshall-announced-as-new-principal-20160628

Was the board not happy with Marshall's hiring? Or does the board want to replace him with someone else?

According to this article from 5 years ago when the old principal (Tom Luebbe) was let go, the Archbishop, interim superintendent and La Salle's board all agreed that his contract should not be renewed. https://www.wcpo.com/news/education/lasalle-high-schools-longtime-principal-dismissed

When the current principal (Aaron Marshall) was hired the chairman of La Salle's board had nice things to say about him. https://www.lasallehs.net/news-story/~post/aaron-marshall-announced-as-new-principal-20160628

Was the board not happy with Marshall's hiring? Or does the board want to replace him with someone else?
If you recall, there was a mass exodus of staff members, not just the principal. Right after the principal issue, within a year you also had Grippa leave (forced out), and also had Hilvert running as fast as humanly possible away from that job. LaSalle seems to be a toxic mess right now along with long rumored HUGE financial issues.

Not sure about that other than there were differences in philosophy's.

I just think it is

What have you heard about Binzer being assigned to a La Salle feeder? Last summer he was assigned what appears to be mostly a desk job and hospital chaplain.

Source: https://catholicaoc.org/news/new-assignments/2547

There were a few parents on I think Channel 5 the other night saying that the AoC is trying to put Binzer in a role at St. John’s Dry Ridge, Corpus Christi and St. John Neumann. If interested check 5 and 19 one of those had a pretty extensive interview with a couple who has an 11 yr old daughter at St. John’s Dry Ridge.

I’m assuming it’s financially related. Regardless, if there’s some 8th graders from James, Ignatius,etc reconsidering their enrollment, I hope Elder is there to swoop them up.

It was pretty big for the St. I kid to switch to Elder. I hope he has a good experience, because that can have a trickle down effect. St. Ignatius can become a decent size feeder for Elder.

I've talked to quite a few Lasalle alums who won't/haven't sent their sons to Lasalle and they have/will be going to Elder instead, a few to X as well.

They (Lasalle grads) haven't been happy how things have been run over the past decade.

It was pretty big for the St. I kid to switch to Elder. I hope he has a good experience, because that can have a trickle down effect. St. Ignatius can become a decent size feeder for Elder.

I heard a LS parent talking to a few other parents at the Elder/LS JV game on Monday mention less than half the 60 or so 8th graders at Ignatius are going there. That’s pretty crazy considering it’s about a mile from the school.