Votes: 25 51.0%
  • Not Guilty: All Charges

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • Hung Jury

Votes: 7 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Is that the minor who said she witnessed a murder and can't sleep

Funari, crying, said she felt like she was failing because she wanted to intervene but was unable to because "there was a higher power there" – an officer was pushing the crowd back. "There was nothing I could do as a bystander there," she said, adding, "I couldn't do physically what I wanted to do."

As Chauvin continued staring down at Floyd, she said, "I saw him put more and more weight on him. I saw his leg lift off the ground and his hands go in his pocket."

As she continued filming, Funari called out to Chauvin, a composite video shown to the court showed. She said, "Why are you kneeing him more," and "he's about to knock out," the video showed. Asked to explain the statements while she was on the witness stand, she said: "I could see he was going unconscious, his eyes rolled to the back of his head."

When Floyd was no longer struggling, she said. "At that point, I kind of knew," she said. "You knew what?" the prosecutor asked. "That he was dead, or not breathing," she said. Funari said "he didn't look alive" when the paramedics arrived.

"At that point, I felt all I could do was show everything that was going on with the camera," she said. Funari said she initially kept to herself after the incident and "felt numb." Funari said she has not since returned to Cup Foods.

Funari told prosecutors that she did not see officers check for Floyd's pulse. But on cross examination, defense attorney Eric Nelson said Funari initially told agents, in the wake of the incident, she had seen officers check for a pulse multiple times. When asked by Nelson if she had been "angry" that day, Funari she said "yes."

On redirect examination, Funari told Eldridge she was angry, but did not distract or try to attack the officers. "I was upset because there was nothing we could do except watch them take a life in front of our eyes."

The defense that "the unruly mob" distracted the police from tending to Floyd is pretty disgusting. It is also insulting to the jury. The video clearly contradicts the ridiculous assertion.

The defense that "the unruly mob" distracted the police from tending to Floyd is pretty disgusting. It is also insulting to the jury. The video clearly contradicts the ridiculous assertion.

Yep, video says it all. The police can’t hide. There was no disruptive crowd. The police had 3 guys on a handcuffed Floyd on the ground and another serving as the look out. They were in total control. Total. The crowd was small and kept their distance. Watch the video. Both videos. Nine minutes of murder. Floyd may have been in trouble in his past, but did nothing to earn the death penalty that day. And his past is ill relevant to that day and time. Key will be the intent and that’s looking like a near slam dunk.

LOL. No it’s not. It’s 100% factual and to pretend there are not racial dynamics to this trial is ridiculous.
Ok. One is a “Black man” and the other is a “white officer”. No skin color is better than the other; unbiased reporting would treat them equally.

You didn’t capitalize “black” like the article.
Wow. I must admit that I would have never caught that a blatant example of journalistic bias. I never noticed it at all. If I did, I would also admit that I would have thought it just an error in capitalization. I would also say that I would think the same thing if the capitalization error was reversed. I'm going to screen shot this definition of obvious bias. It will come in handy later I am sure.

Unbelievable.

Wow. I must admit that I would have never caught that a blatant example of journalistic bias. I never noticed it at all. If I did, I would also admit that I would have thought it just an error in capitalization. I would also say that I would think the same thing if the capitalization error was reversed. I'm going to screen shot this definition of obvious bias. It will come in handy later I am sure.

Unbelievable.
It’s actually not an error. “Woke” journalists began giving preferential treatment to “black” after all of this went down:

Unfortunately, they are actually doing the opposite of what they are intending:

https://www.outkick.com/whitlock-th...es-destroys-and-disenfranchises-black-people/

It’s actually not an error. “Woke” journalists began giving preferential treatment to “black” after all of this went down:

Unfortunately, they are actually doing the opposite of what they are intending:

https://www.outkick.com/whitlock-th...es-destroys-and-disenfranchises-black-people/
As I said, I certainly would not ever have noticed that even if the capitalization was reversed. As a reader, it also would not make me more sympathetic to whoever was capitalized. Finally, this was a CourtTV article so I am not sure what the a NY Times journalistic decision has to do with it.

That 19 year old kid that just finished impressed me as completely honest. Effectively communicated his interaction with Floyd both inside and outside of the store.

As I said, I certainly would not ever have noticed that even if the capitalization was reversed. As a reader, it also would not make me more sympathetic to whoever was capitalized. Finally, this was a CourtTV article so I am not sure what the a NY Times journalistic decision has to do with it.
Perhaps I should have quoted the AP announcement instead; the point is moot - it is becoming a more widely accepted practice among journalists. It seems to be you weren't aware of that fact which is why you overlooked it. And I admit that since the time it was brought to my attention, I can't not see it.

This writer is probably just following company policy - I'm not vilifying anyone. Plus, I expect biased journalism because journalists are people and people are biased and flawed and their companies tend to lean one way or another. But if we want to be objective, it seems to me not elevating one group over another would be a good place to start. I think most people would agree on this (but maybe not).

*Also - /threadjack. Sorry.

Last edited:
Only 35% of the country believe Derek Chauvin killed George Floyd. Last year it was 70%. The whole video makes it hard to convict. No surprise it was released 3 months after the incident

Only 35% of the country believe Derek Chauvin killed George Floyd. Last year it was 70%. The whole video makes it hard to convict. No surprise it was released 3 months after the incident

Hey ,Raider. Is that 35% from a Faux news poll? lol. I think you need to look at MOST polls. BTW, as a Rent a Cop, I know you are pulling for the blue line. ?

Perhaps I should have quoted the AP announcement instead; the point is moot - it is becoming a more widely accepted practice among journalists. It seems to be you weren't aware of that fact which is why you overlooked it. And I admit that since the time it was brought to my attention, I can't not see it.

This writer is probably just following company policy - I'm not vilifying anyone. Plus, I expect biased journalism because journalists are people and people are biased and flawed and their companies tend to lean one way or another. But if we want to be objective, it seems to me not elevating one group over another would be a good place to start. I think most people would agree on this (but maybe not).

*Also - /threadjack. Sorry.
No. I overlooked it because it was insignificant and not noticeable to me. I suppose if I was looking to find it, I could.

If you notice, there are multiple choices. Six, in fact. Murder has a heavy number still. Also negligence by police has a high number. Low responses for accident or not responsible while Dont know is also a low number. The outlook even with multiple selections is quite clear. Most responses prefer murder or negligence, not not guilty, by heavy numbers. But the echo chamber tries to confuse the issue, as usual.

That video was the first time I clearly heard a police officer say to the others "EMS has been called".

Recognizing a medical situation yet continuing to kneel on the guy's neck is another damning look.

That video was the first time I clearly heard a police officer say to the others "EMS has been called".

Recognizing a medical situation yet continuing to kneel on the guy's neck is another damning look.
You also hear another officer say something to the effect of "let him be".

The female firefighter was also an EMT and was turned down to help Floyd when medical assistance was called for. Another damning fact.

Not sure I totally agree. I'm about 50/50 on Chauvin getting convicted of murder. That "EMS has been called" seems to play into the defenses argument that they felt he was in danger from something self-inflicted and they couldn't do anything about it because of the angry crowd.

I'm really not sure which direction this is going to take. I do see many similarities with the OJ trial where both sides are making good points and the decision will come down to the discussion between the jurors in the jury room. Could go either way. The medical testimony will be the most important when they get to it.

The female firefighter was also an EMT and was turned down to help Floyd when medical assistance was called for. Another damning fact.
Her claiming to be an EMT would probably be meaningless in a situation like that. No way could the police have believed her.

IMO, the guy that was on just a little while ago was the best witness. He was respectful and did a good job of describing what happened. The fact that he encouraged George Floyd to cooperate makes him the best neutral witness to date.

This guy being found not guilty would be every bit the travesty of the OJ Simpson verdict.
The only difference is that cities will be burnt to the ground instead of racists celebrating.

Her claiming to be an EMT would probably be meaningless in a situation like that. No way could the police have believed her.
Maybe but obviously they had no intention of providing medical attention. As such, believing her is not super relevant.