Gabe Cupps Vs Moeller

BabeCupps

Moderated User
Sophomore sensation Gabe Cupps faces his toughest challenge yet as the 21-3 Centerville Elks take on the 20-4 Basketball Powerhouse Moeller Crusaders. Experts are describing this to be the most anticipated high school basketball matchup in the last decade. Its not often that a scrawny 16 year old white kid will have basketball fans across the country buzzing. Will Cupps live up to the hype or be paralyzed under pressure? Cancel the plans, Put the Kids to bed early, tell your dates to themselves - tonight is the night. 7:30PM Princeton high school!

I can't tell if this a pro-Cupps post or one of those sly disses. So its either a parent, Cupps Fan or someone trying to stir up the pot

I can't tell if this a pro-Cupps post or one of those sly disses. So its either a parent, Cupps Fan or someone trying to stir up the pot
All of the above. Lol

“Experts are describing this to be the most anticipated high school basketball matchup in the last decade. Its not often that a scrawny 16 year old white kid will have basketball fans across the country buzzing.” Someone stirring the pot. Very good match up, but not the best in a decade.

The coaching matchup Brook Cupps Vs. Carl Kremer hasn’t been mentioned as much as many people would have thought. Lebron James picked Brook to coach the AAU team with bronny on it for a reason and we all know Carl wins state championships. Can anyone confirm the rumors that Centerville already booked a team hotel to stay in next to UD for next Saturday? Weird move considering UD and Centerville are in close proximity to one another.

Sophomore sensation Gabe Cupps faces his toughest challenge yet as the 21-3 Centerville Elks take on the 20-4 Basketball Powerhouse Moeller Crusaders. Experts are describing this to be the most anticipated high school basketball matchup in the last decade. Its not often that a scrawny 16 year old white kid will have basketball fans across the country buzzing. Will Cupps live up to the hype or be paralyzed under pressure? Cancel the plans, Put the Kids to bed early, tell your dates to themselves - tonight is the night. 7:30PM Princeton high school!
Not sure what your angle is but wow you are a pot stirring fool. Across the country? I doubt it. Which experts? And he's just one player on the team. And bringing race into it? lol

I don’t understand why Moeller goes out and gets all of this talent and then plays such a scripted, boring style.

I really like watching Centerville play. They did try to slow some things down themselves today, but they play with no fear and swagger. It’s obvious the players are in control on the court vs the coach.

Also agree that Cupps may be the better coach.

M
What is the rundown on Mentor?

Mentor is an outstanding club. They are led by a point guard who penetrates both directions, finishes well, and can bury the three. Will always have 4 guys on the floor who are capable three-point shooters. Have another bigger player who is an excellent penetrator-finisher. Those two don’t ever come off the floor. Defense is 94-foot man-to-man, and they are strong at not getting beaten off the dribble. Tremendously conditioned team. Extremely well coached (head coach won a state title at his previous school and another at Mentor).Team is exceptional at closing games, largely due to the point guard and good free throw shooting.

Jackson (another excellent, well coached team) gave them a great game in the regional semifinal. I didn’t watch entire game, but from the large part of the second half I saw, Jackson’s size and strength allowed them to alter interior Mentor shots, control the boards, and get some easy interior hoops. Game came down to last minute possession with Mentor shooting one-and-one up 52-50. Player misses the front end but gets loose ball rebound of his miss and his layup gave Mentor a cushion that they extended to a 60-53 victory.

Mentor is a very entertaining team to watch. I consider the offense to be extraordinary, the defense very good, and the rebounding certainly state championship level but maybe the area that another great team can hurt them. I also wonder what would happen if their point guard got in foul trouble, but he is very, very savvy.

All that being said, I was also extremely impressed with Centerville tonight (first time I have seen them since hard fought tournament loss 4 or 5 years ago at Cintas, I believe, during Cumberland’s senior season). Superior effort and outstanding toughness. Another extremely smart and disciplined team. They had to play at state championship level to beat the Moeller juggernaut, and they’ll have to do it again next weekend. This is probably the matchup (from the prior post I’m assuming they meet in the semis) I’m most excited about from the eight semifinal games.

Mentor wins by 10+. They are an incredibly talented team with shooters everywhere and they pressure you both offensively and defensively for the entire game.

Watching Moeller the last 4 years, this was definitely their weakest team losing in the D1 elite eight in overtime, being ranked #1 most of the season. Doesn't matter how you feel about them. Got to give credit when credit is do. Congratulations to Centerville

No, it did not go to OT. House hit a 3 with about 7 seconds left. Without calling a timeout, Moeller inbounded the ball and raced up the court. Centerville fouled the dribbler with 2 seconds just beyond halfcourt. They still had one foul to give, so Moeller had a side out opposite the bench right next to the Centerville student section. No joke, there at least 4 timeouts in a row called before the ball was actually inbounded.

Ultimately, Moeller tried to lob it into the paint to Duncomb. He made a great catch and tried to go up with it, but got fouled just before he went into the shooting act. It was really close, but the official immediately called it on the floor.

Moeller got the ball under the hoop with .5 seconds on the clock. Duncomb was on the ball side block and Mahaffey was in the corner on the same side. Duncomb screened for Mahaffey as he came into the paint. Mahaffey lost his balance as he caught the ball and couldn't get much of a shot off.

On another note, the color commentary announcer, Scott Mueller, made an interesting statement. He essentially said Moeller's players from all over Cincinnati and Centerville's come from all over Dayton. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've never heard of Centerville getting move-ins for the basketball program. I'm not saying it hasn't happened, but I believe the players on the current roster are all from the community. Also, imagine if Kebba Njie hadn't left Centerville for La Lumiere in Indiana. He's a top 200 recruit in the class of 2022 on 247Sports. He has an offer from Dayton.

No, it did not go to OT. House hit a 3 with about 7 seconds left. Without calling a timeout, Moeller inbounded the ball and raced up the court. Centerville fouled the dribbler with 2 seconds just beyond halfcourt. They still had one foul to give, so Moeller had a side out opposite the bench right next to the Centerville student section. No joke, there at least 4 timeouts in a row called before the ball was actually inbounded.

Ultimately, Moeller tried to lob it into the paint to Duncomb. He made a great catch and tried to go up with it, but got fouled just before he went into the shooting act. It was really close, but the official immediately called it on the floor.

Moeller got the ball under the hoop with .5 seconds on the clock. Duncomb was on the ball side block and Mahaffey was in the corner on the same side. Duncomb screened for Mahaffey as he came into the paint. Mahaffey lost his balance as he caught the ball and couldn't get much of a shot off.
I had read several times about moe’s five division one starters. I did not see a division 1 pg on moe’s team.

On another note, the color commentary announcer, Scott Mueller, made an interesting statement. He essentially said Moeller's players from all over Cincinnati and Centerville's come from all over Dayton. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've never heard of Centerville getting move-ins for the basketball program. I'm not saying it hasn't happened, but I believe the players on the current roster are all from the community. Also, imagine if Kebba Njie hadn't left Centerville for La Lumiere in Indiana. He's a top 200 recruit in the class of 2022 on 247Sports. He has an offer from Dayton.

All the kids on this years team live in the Centerville school district. They are not from "all over Dayton". Not sure where he got that from, except maybe trying to come up with some justification about how a public school team that doesn't recruit from all over a large metropolitan city like Cincinnati could possibly beat the mighty men of Moeller.

I had read several times about moe’s five division one starters. I did not see a division 1 pg on moe’s team.

With the kind of talent they have (or find) how does this team not win it all every year....and worse yet, how do they never seem to have any offense once they get deep into the tourney?

With the kind of talent they have (or find) how does this team not win it all every year....and worse yet, how do they never seem to have any offense once they get deep into the tourney?

Moeller is 132-10 over the last 142, with back to back titles and a 3 peat that was taken from them. Yet they can't find any offense once they get late in the tourney. Wow

Kids is hardly a sensation?