2020 - 2021 Canton McKinley Boys Basketball Season

SVSM - 33
McKinley -22

half time

little better from the pups but they dug a hole. not sure they can dig all the way out. they definitely are getting very few clean looks from outside and svsm capitalized on some great swings for open looks.

SVSM dominated on glass getting several offensive rebounds to keep possessions alive

Irish play in the third quarter has been very suspect in recent weeks. Tonight should be interesting when the Bulldogs make their run.

if they dont get hot from outside there will be no run. they have playee very well in third this year and they are in striking distance but if they don't limit SVSM possessions by crashing the defensive glass its all a moot point

and McKinley didnt shoot it well at all 5 missed free throws in second half and some unforced turnovers hurt them

When the Bulldog coach called timeout with 12 sec left, I wondered if he had a ten point play.

Good luck in the post season. The Irish better clean up their sloppy play.

When the Bulldog coach called timeout with 12 sec left, I wondered if he had a ten point play.

Good luck in the post season. The Irish better clean up their sloppy play.
I mean let's be honest until regionals they should be able to clean up most of their mistakes while there weren't that many they should be pretyy solid bet to play in regionals then play wherever final 4 is

I mean let's be honest until regionals they should be able to clean up most of their mistakes while there weren't that many they should be pretyy solid bet to play in regionals then play wherever final 4 is

I think you're underestimating the District a bit. After all, it includes a Hoover team that just beat McKinley.

I see people didn't see i replied to another comment referring to regionals for SVSM. I should've referred to another team in there I guess

The first quarter sealed the loss for McKinley. There is enough talent on this team to make a deep run in the tournament. But only if they can play four quality quarters.

Walker had a great game.

Define 'deep run'.

McKinleys current record (14-6)
takes 6 wins to have a 20 game win season which would put the Pups
in the State Final-4

~~~ potential games (highest seed listed)

2 games in Sectional
- Ak.Kenmore-Garfield
- Cuyahoga Falls

2 games in District
- Painsville Riverside (13 seed)
- Univ.School (8 seed) or Boardman (9 seed)

2 games in Regional (at Twinsburg)
~ Medina (seed 3) or Shaker Hgts (seed 4)
~ Jackson or Mentor (seed 1)

2 Games in Final-4
~ Moeller (seed 1) or St.Xavier (seed 2)
~ Lakewood St.Edward (seed 1) or Gahanna Lincoln (seed 1)

updated 02/21 (season record /win overGlenOak)

:>---

EGA

Last edited: