Kenton Ridge (1-5)

Mad River:
Graham (7-1)
North Union (7-3)
Indian Lake (4-5)
Ben Logan (2-6)
Northwestern (1-5)
Urbana (0-7).

Who do y'all think will be able to take each division and make a run in the playoffs. Remember, as is it will be the top 12 making the post season.

No word that I have heard from the coaching search at Indian Lake. Word is they were going through 6-7 applications, including one from out of state. (I dont know if that is the number they received or if that is what they whittled it down to after a quick scrub). Smart money is on their long time OC.

So CBC-ites, what say you?

The senior class at London this year will be extremely talented. Playoffs may be a rough go as R11 seems to constantly be loaded and London is always very one dimensional offensively. They've really gotten doinked creeping across that D3 cutoff line the last couple of years. If they were still D4, this coming year would have probably been the 5th straight year they would have been a top-3 team in R16 along with Wyoming and Massie. Wyoming especially is a bear every year, but between the class that's currently seniors and the guys that will be seniors this coming fall (especially if the RB stays healthy), I wouldn't have been shocked to see London break through and make a final four.

London should win the KT. JA takes a small step down and all the others improve.

NU is the frontrunner in the MR. Graham loses almost all production to graduation. IL and NW will be solid. BL and Urbana continue to struggle.

Crossover games continue to be one-sided. Maybe 1-2 wins for the MR division.

I agree with thevoice, OC should get the job.

2020 Standings:
Kenton Trail:
Alder (7-1)
London (6-2)
Shawnee (6-3)
Bellefontaine (2-5)
Kenton Ridge (1-5)

Mad River:
Graham (7-1)
North Union (7-3)
Indian Lake (4-5)
Ben Logan (2-6)
Northwestern (1-5)
Urbana (0-7).

Who do y'all think will be able to take each division and make a run in the playoffs. Remember, as is it will be the top 12 making the post season.

No word that I have heard from the coaching search at Indian Lake. Word is they were going through 6-7 applications, including one from out of state. (I dont know if that is the number they received or if that is what they whittled it down to after a quick scrub). Smart money is on their long time OC.

So CBC-ites, what say you?

Alder was actually 8-1 last year :) (6-0 regular season, 2-1 playoffs)

London should win the KT. JA takes a small step down and all the others improve.

NU is the frontrunner in the MR. Graham loses almost all production to graduation. IL and NW will be solid. BL and Urbana continue to struggle.

Crossover games continue to be one-sided. Maybe 1-2 wins for the MR division.

I agree with thevoice, OC should get the job.

NW has a long way to go to be solid. They were not good a year ago.

Alder returns a good portion of their defense, Heisler at RB, Jonathan Keith at WR. They will be fine. I hate that London isn't week 10.

I thought they had a good RB who had transferred, or was I wrong? That is what I was told at least.

If I am wrong, well, I usually make it until Novemberish before I make my first mistake.
I vaguely remember this too, you are talking about NW, not Alder, correct?

Yeah.
NW.
Rolling train is smarter than I so he is probably right but I swore when I asked about a good RB they had the season before I was told he transferred.

I’m sorry, I thought you were talking about Alder. yes, NW did have a running back that transferred to Springfield before last season. My bad!

if Bellefontaine gets the chance I think they will jump ship to the WBL. but that's a big IF

I say they wouldn't.

They left for a reason. Doubtful that reason has been fixed, considering it was probably travel.

Unless they're actively talking about how bad they regret leaving, they had their shot in the league and ditched it.

Bellefontaine is a charter member of the CBC and has zero desire to go anywhere.......They were mentioned as logistically a "fit" if Defiance left (former WBL member) or if the CBC fell apart (not happening)............The CBC as constructed will exist for at least another 5 years. I would bet on it. Schools don't like conference changes unless necessary, and it's not necessary right now.

Bellefontaine is a charter member of the CBC and has zero desire to go anywhere.......They were mentioned as logistically a "fit" if Defiance left (former WBL member) or if the CBC fell apart (not happening)............The CBC as constructed will exist for at least another 5 years. I would bet on it. Schools don't like conference changes unless necessary, and it's not necessary right now.

Unless something goes bananas with the OHC, I think the CBC will get through the 2020s with this current lineup. Possibly further.

I think once again Alder & London will battle for the KT title.. Moving that game to earlier in the season makes zero sense, bad decision by the CBC not sure I could understand any reason to make that move.

London will probably be the favorite based on who they have returning and if the QB who was hurt last year is ready to go. One could argue they have under achieved based on everyone's expectations since these upcoming juniors and seniors plowed through teams during there jr high school years. A couple of key injuries haven't helped either the past 2 years on offense. This could be there year.

Alder will have some big holes to fill on the offensive side of the ball (QB, OL & WR). Replacing a 3 year starter at QB isn't going to be easy. Defensively they return 9 on that side of the ball.

I think once again Alder & London will battle for the KT title.. Moving that game to earlier in the season makes zero sense, bad decision by the CBC not sure I could understand any reason to make that move.

London will probably be the favorite based on who they have returning and if the QB who was hurt last year is ready to go. One could argue they have under achieved based on everyone's expectations since these upcoming juniors and seniors plowed through teams during there jr high school years. A couple of key injuries haven't helped either the past 2 years on offense. This could be there year.

Alder will have some big holes to fill on the offensive side of the ball (QB, OL & WR). Replacing a 3 year starter at QB isn't going to be easy. Defensively they return 9 on that side of the ball.

Perfect example of why Bellefontaine people should tone down on their state championship aspirations.

Probably all depends on the RB IMO. The last two years Burns had close to 1400 yards and 22 TDs in only 10 games. I would anticipate him having a monster senior season so long as he stays healthy.

Playoff wise I think bumping up to D3 has dinged how far they can go. R11 is a lot deeper than R16, and it's much more difficult to get away with being a one-dimensional running team in D3 than it is in D4.

Perfect example of why Bellefontaine people should tone down on their state championship aspirations.
Jr. High is just one of the indicators of whether you will have an opportunity for success in HS. So many other things come into play. London has never been devoid of talent in the youth ranks. It just hasn't panned out for several reasons. I do think having Cutler there has helped them bridge the gap at keeping those kids, developing them and showing them what it takes to become a successful football player.

Alder hasn't had great Junior High teams in all the years I have followed them except for maybe 2 senior classes 2011 & 2017 Both of those classes were very good in Junior High and made the playoffs, some even went onto to play college football. There has also been some Alder playoff teams that were not very good in Jr. High, one of which lost every game during their jr high years.

Probably all depends on the RB IMO. The last two years Burns had close to 1400 yards and 22 TDs in only 10 games. I would anticipate him having a monster senior season so long as he stays healthy.

Playoff wise I think bumping up to D3 has dinged how far they can go. R11 is a lot deeper than R16, and it's much more difficult to get away with being a one-dimensional running team in D3 than it is in D4.
I do agree D3 is a different animal than D4. Region 11, was really solid this year. Desales was probably heads and tails better than everyone, but it was a deeper Region than most. Burns is a very good back, he could have really helped them his sophomore year if he didn't get hurt. London's offense will work against most teams on there schedule, but when the running game stumbles they didn't have much answers against the better defensive teams. If they have a better option under center next year that can throw the ball effectively they could take a couple more steps forward.

The CBC is a great conference and Bellefontaine is a perfect fit. The WBL might change but not too much. There are plenty of schools that would jump at the chance to join the WBL if Defiance left.

Kenton Trail:
Alder (7-1) - big time drop off. Borderline playoff team - nobody close to filling qb\wr shoes. Running game emphasize?
London (6-2)- league champion. This is their year.
Shawnee (6-3) - contender, will be solid again
Bellefontaine (2-5) - potential to improve significantly- a year away from being special
Kenton Ridge (1-5) - will improve but marginally
Tecumseh - will compete for 2nd place - could be solid next 2 years

Mad River:
Graham (7-1) - huge drop off this year
North Union (7-3) - NU will not be league champ this year! Lost a ton and weren’t great at other levels
Indian Lake (4-5) - expect them to have a solid year. Potential league champ due to MR CBC being very poor in 2021
Ben Logan (2-6) - bottom of league, entire JV team will be your starters except for maybe 4 guys?
Northwestern (1-5) - improved, helps with how poor league will be
Urbana (0-7). - improved with numbers and experience