2020 GMC Football

Who would win the GMC this year (If played this year)

• Colerain

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • Fairfield

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Hamilton

• Lakota East

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lakota West

Votes: 19 32.2%
  • Mason

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Middletown

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Oak Hills

• Princeton

• Sycamore

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Middletown announced fall practices can resume.
Hope all works out...
No way I would want to schedule Middletown. They have a superintendent that made a decision to cancel even when the coaches said there is nothing to indicate the decision...low and behold a few weeks later he agrees... I would not trust his to keep playing especially if they have a athlete come up positive in any sport...

No way I would want to schedule Middletown. They have a superintendent that made a decision to cancel even when the coaches said there is nothing to indicate the decision...low and behold a few weeks later he agrees... I would not trust his to keep playing especially if they have a athlete come up positive in any sport...
Well the only teams that can schedule is league teams , I know coaches and staff has done any possible to keep these kids safe

They should merge Colerain and Northwest into one high school.
The district has a weak school board and superintendent. This should have been a priority several years back not just for athletics but to improve instructional resources, facilities and outcomes for students. People in NWLSD have been questioning the decision for the large build at Pleasant run and the rebuild of Taylor and Struble that have turned out to have a lot of issues... Now NW is in in a league that may not survive as a couple schools are looking to change conferences
Well the only teams that can schedule is league teams , I know coaches and staff has done any possible to keep these kids safe
9 teams in the league if you drop Middletown...Gives enough schools to play a 6 game schedule...I know there will be schools that want middeltown Like: Princeton, Hamilton, Oak Hills LOL

The district has a weak school board and superintendent. This should have been a priority several years back not just for athletics but to improve instructional resources, facilities and outcomes for students. People in NWLSD have been questioning the decision for the large build at Pleasant run and the rebuild of Taylor and Struble that have turned out to have a lot of issues... Now NW is in in a league that may not survive as a couple schools are looking to change conferences

9 teams in the league if you drop Middletown...Gives enough schools to play a 6 game schedule...I know there will be schools that want middeltown Like: Princeton, Hamilton, Oak Hills LOL
The build you question was the wrong build and a prior super would not have done it. I believe the board just wanted to build something.

I don't think the tax payers would stomach the cost of merging schools. I've said this before but it is embarrassing to look at Colerain HS and then see Mason, FF and Princeton etc.

The build you question was the wrong build and a prior super would not have done it. I believe the board just wanted to build something.

I don't think the tax payers would stomach the cost of merging schools. I've said this before but it is embarrassing to look at Colerain HS and then see Mason, FF and Princeton etc.
Colerain has over 1 million in needed repairs on a 550k budget. The sad thing is better vision and leadership 10 years ago Could have got it done. Now options may include blended between the two HS but that still would not solve the issues at Colerain middle and elementary with inefficient buildings needing the same type of repairs as the HS as well as the code issues

LaSalle and Winton Woods are taking kids away from Colerain. I would bet anything Bolden saw this coming which is why he was looking for a new gig because LW wasn't the only school he was talking to
Lasalle yes WW no way...FF maybe but WW is just a bit better than a CPS school.... you muse well say they lose kids to MT healthy or Northwest

Colerain has a split squad game on 10/2
How does that work?

Has Middletown announced they will be playing games now? I know they said they could resume practice?

Have the teams scheduled for weeks of 10/9 and 10/16 decided they are not going to participate in playoffs? ( They start 10/9 correct?)

How does that work?

Has Middletown announced they will be playing games now? I know they said they could resume practice?

Have the teams scheduled for weeks of 10/9 and 10/16 decided they are not going to participate in playoffs? ( They start 10/9 correct?)
It doesn't work. He is pulling your leg.

The GMC and arbiter websites have lots of updates that need to happen. Can't really look at them right now. Hell, our website says we are still playing St. Xavier! LOL Can't fix it until Arbiter is updated.

Check social media. Week 1 is right around the corner...almost literally.

-CardinalsFan

It doesn't work. He is pulling your leg.

The GMC and arbiter websites have lots of updates that need to happen. Can't really look at them right now. Hell, our website says we are still playing St. Xavier! LOL Can't fix it until Arbiter is updated.

Check social media. Week 1 is right around the corner...almost literally.

-CardinalsFan

That makes more sense but I would've guessed GMC website would have everything updated by now. I saw a few social media posts which peaked my interest for the whole conference.

Sycamore has released schedule with West Clermont in Week 6. WC was scheduled to play Walnut Hills that week. The ECC website has Walnut Hills listed on all 6 weeks of the schedule.

I'm guessing some administrations didn't want to sit around and wait for Middletown and CPS to make a decision.

Will be interesting how this plays out as either Middletown/ Walnut Hills proceed, they will either have gaps to fill in their schedules or potentially gaps to be filled by their scheduled opponents.

Sycamore has released schedule with West Clermont in Week 6. WC was scheduled to play Walnut Hills that week. The ECC website has Walnut Hills listed on all 6 weeks of the schedule.

I'm guessing some administrations didn't want to sit around and wait for Middletown and CPS to make a decision.

Will be interesting how this plays out as either Middletown/ Walnut Hills proceed, they will either have gaps to fill in their schedules or potentially gaps to be filled by their scheduled opponents.
Anyone that schedules the train wreck called Middletown gets what they deserve...

Anyone that schedules the train wreck called Middletown gets what they deserve...
I assume you mean NON-GMC schools, right? I mean, the GMC conference made the decision to move forward with conference only schedules. This mess is squarely on Middletown. They are the only school in the GMC teetering back and forth.

Colerain has them scheduled on 9/18. AT this point, there are NO schools in Ohio that have that date open, to my knowledge. If Middletown bails on their season, Colerain is going to get stuck with nobody to play that Friday...which sucks.

Middletown needs to make a decision QUICKLY!

-CardinalsFan

I assume you mean NON-GMC schools, right? I mean, the GMC conference made the decision to move forward with conference only schedules. This mess is squarely on Middletown. They are the only school in the GMC teetering back and forth.

Colerain has them scheduled on 9/18. AT this point, there are NO schools in Ohio that have that date open, to my knowledge. If Middletown bails on their season, Colerain is going to get stuck with nobody to play that Friday...which sucks.

-CardinalsFan

Middletown isn't making a decision until 9/8. Colerain might have to scramble to find anybody willing because most everyone else in the GMC has bailed on Middletown and scheduled over them.

-CardinalsFan

someone on LaSalle’s thread is expecting a week 3 cancellation. Does anyone really want to watch Colerain v LaSalle, AGAIN? Lol

-CardinalsFan
Lasalle might be soon JCPS which has Dupont Manual is mulling cancellation

someone on LaSalle’s thread is expecting a week 3 cancellation. Does anyone really want to watch Colerain v LaSalle, AGAIN? Lol
Oh thats me I'm hearing rumors that our game week 4 against dupont manual will be canceled because JCPS is mulling spring

I think what will finally catch-up to Colerain is their ancient high school. If you are moving to Cincinnati and want to play football for a big public school, Colerain has to be low on the list.
After passing that huge (but needed) operating levy, it will be hard to push through another capital levy necessary to update that facility