Pete Rose petitions for reinstatement

Lol.
"Those guys stole signs illegally, so it should be OK that I bet on baseball games for years and then lied about it for decades."

How many times has he petitioned or applied for Reinstatement? Still Gambles some on Baseball but tells Commissioner that he only bets on Football and Basketball according to a Special Guest on 1530 today with Mo Egger.

It totally makes sense Trump would back Pete. They’re both the same person. They’re not good people, but only an idiot can deny their success.

No one denies what he did on the field; however he violated the cardinal rule of baseball, so he should not be permitted in the hall.

I don't have any trouble with Donald Trump backing Pete, seems a little odd that he'd do that but that's him. He's going to jump on the side of a debate where it's controversial. Now I think in the grand scheme of things, more people are against Pete being reinstated, but they are the silent majority. Pete's backers are loud, but small. I think many are confused that the baseball HOF is more higher brow than the other two major sports leagues.
My personal opinion is I don't think Pete should be reinstated. Not necessarily because of what he did, but because he was so defiant in his stance, and it took 15 years for him to finally crumble. I've said for years that if he would had admitted in '89 that he gambled on baseball, he'd been reinstated and in the Hall, probably long ago. We are a very forgiving nation. I just think Pete's defiance really rubbed a lot of people the wrong way, and this isn't just a Rob Manford decision.
Saw an interview with Pete on Saturday with some ESPN guy and he still bristled and got curt with the interviewer when he mentioned 1989. He said why are we reliving history, I'm moving forward. I just don't think Pete has it in him to back down.

Didn't Rose accept his ban in exchange for keeping the findings private? Leads me to believe there's more to it than the public knows. Also he's a pedophile. Just an overall terrible human being.

Didn't Rose accept his ban in exchange for keeping the findings private? Leads me to believe there's more to it than the public knows. Also he's a pedophile. Just an overall terrible human being.

Been a good amount of terrible human beings in MLB over the yrs! A handful or more of them are also in the HOF!

Rose is a Gambling fool, always has been, always will be! Manfred is Clown that really knows nothing about Baseball, just Dollars and Cents!

People usually correlate corked bats with HR's. but it could be a great asset for a single hitters as well. Pete slapped at the ball a lot, and if he was corked it absolutely could have helped him!

With that said, I dont put that in the same realm as Steroids, as steroids are illegal, or gambling of course......

He isnt making it anyways, at least while he is alive. He made his bed and now has to lay in it.

People usually correlate corked bats with HR's. but it could be a great asset for a single hitters as well. Pete slapped at the ball a lot, and if he was corked it absolutely could have helped him!

With that said, I dont put that in the same realm as Steroids, as steroids are illegal, or gambling of course......

He isnt making it anyways, at least while he is alive. He made his bed and now has to lay in it.
But wouldn't it also make sense that the corked bat would extend flairs into fly balls and take away hits?? This is just another ploy to keep Pete's name in the news. You are correct, he's not getting in alive.

Kinda moot, not sure there was ever an accusation of Pete corking bats. Pete just made a lot of solid contact on the barrel. Sosa is the guy with the daily double of steroids and corking.

Pete's too stupid to realize betting on your own team is as bad as bad as betting against them. Both ways send a message to the bookies. Also, when your defense to boinking a 15 year old when you're in your 30's and married with kids is "she was 16 and I boinked her in Kentucky', you have no moral compass.