Some Potentially Very Good News: Hydroxychloroquine and Z-pac

Exactly right.

The assertion has always been that this treatment keeps people alive, treating the pneumonia that results among those worst affected, until their own antibodies can defeat the virus.

It is truly pathetic that these Leftists are so desirous of power that they intentionally sow the seeds of panic and despair. Really the worst type of human after child-abusers.
This is key, the way in which they weaved Trump into the story is obvious why they did it.

I'm not quite sure how zithromax (z-pak) will work against SARS-CoV-2. Antibiotics work against bacteria, not viruses. SARS-CoV-2 is a virus. My best guess is that it is being used to combat opportunistic infections caused by bacteria that are taking advantage of an opportunity due to the altered microbiota and breached integumentary barriers that resulted from SARS-CoV-2. I just can't imagine that zithromax has much efficacy against SARS-CoV-2 itself.

Meanwhile, remdesivir appears to be a much more promising drug to combat this new coronavirus. Remdesivir is an antiviral that has shown great efficacy when used to combat the Ebola virus. In the lab it has been shown to disable RNA replication in other coronaviruses such as MERS and SARS-CoV. There are now five large clinical trials taking place and some of those results will start to become apparent in early April.

One of my larger customers, University Hospitals in Cleveland, is one of the clinical trial sites. For anyone interested here is a non-scientific article about UH's involvement in the trial.

Correct. The virus itself is not the killer in nearly all cases, hence the high levels of co-morbidity. The treatment buys the immune system time to win the battle. It is the combination of stresses on the body that kills. That is why so many people are just mildly affected.

So this stuff is an active ingredient in fish tank cleaning tablets and people have been buying them and apparently taking them.

The problem with your drive-by here is that how stupid can these people be. The medicine should be taken with doctor's guidance on dosage and if they really took tablets that were intended for cleaning, what other chemicals were in the tablets. Stupid is as stupid does.

The problem with your drive-by here is that how stupid can these people be. The medicine should be taken with doctor's guidance on dosage and if they really took tablets that were intended for cleaning, what other chemicals were in the tablets. Stupid is as stupid does.

It's more than that Moe. The Hill article that Irish Buffalo cited had a headline that was not merely misleading, it was a flat out lie. Irish apparently fell for it. A man did not die from taking the malaria medication, he died because he ingested a fish tank cleaner. And people wonder why there is so much disdain for the modern news media. They truly are the scum of the earth.

Of course these are stupid people. I was simply providing the story that people are actually going to this extreme.

Of course these are stupid people. I was simply providing the story that people are actually going to this extreme.

What the Hill did is egregious. Not because they are trying to attack Trump with a lie, but because a large percentage of Americans merely read headlines and then start spreading the lie on social media or through word of mouth that the malaria drug Trump praised killed someone. People then may refuse treatment with that very safe drug that may save their lives because the Hill lied and put out fake news.

Last edited:
I'm not quite sure how zithromax (z-pak) will work against SARS-CoV-2. Antibiotics work against bacteria, not viruses. SARS-CoV-2 is a virus. My best guess is that it is being used to combat opportunistic infections caused by bacteria that are taking advantage of an opportunity due to the altered microbiota and breached integumentary barriers that resulted from SARS-CoV-2. I just can't imagine that zithromax has much efficacy against SARS-CoV-2 itself.

Meanwhile, remdesivir appears to be a much more promising drug to combat this new coronavirus. Remdesivir is an antiviral that has shown great efficacy when used to combat the Ebola virus. In the lab it has been shown to disable RNA replication in other coronaviruses such as MERS and SARS-CoV. There are now five large clinical trials taking place and some of those results will start to become apparent in early April.

One of my larger customers, University Hospitals in Cleveland, is one of the clinical trial sites. For anyone interested here is a non-scientific article about UH's involvement in the trial.
My understanding is the z-pak helps patients fight off the bacterial infection from pneumonia caused by covid19. Interesting information on remdesivir. Would like to see more, if you have an informative link to share.

Seems India thinks there is a chance that this drug works. If they didn't think it could work, they should be raising prices and getting rid of as much of it as they possibly could. What a gold mine this would be if it was just snake oil for Covid-19.

India bans export of malaria drug Trump touted as coronavirus treatment

India banned exports of a malaria drug backed by U.S. President Donald Trump amid a run on supplies globally, even as preliminary findings emerge that the medication isn’t better than regular care in the treatment of the coronavirus.

Exports of hydroxychloroquine will be limited to fulfilling existing contracts, while certain shipments on humanitarian grounds may also be allowed on a case-by-case basis, according to a statement issued Wednesday by the Directorate General of Foreign Trade. The ban also does not apply to factories in its special export zones.

India has some of the world’s largest manufacturers of the finished drug as well as its component ingredients and the move is likely to crimp global supply at a time when the medication is receiving unprecedented global attention.

Seems India thinks there is a chance that this drug works. If they didn't think it could work, they should be raising prices and getting rid of as much of it as they possibly could. What a gold mine this would be if it was just snake oil for Covid-19.

India bans export of malaria drug Trump touted as coronavirus treatment

I'm not getting the same thing out of this as you are.

In America, Trump has caused drugs used to treat Lupus to be in extreme short supply. I think India may simply be attempting to keep panic purchase of drugs from keeping them away from those who have been dependent on them.

Panic buying is unbelievable when you look at toilet paper for example. There are people who have stocked up for craps they won't be taking for five years! Let's leave a little for those who will be needing it today.

In America, Trump has caused drugs used to treat Lupus to be in extreme short supply. I think India may simply be attempting to keep panic purchase of drugs from keeping them away from those who have been dependent on them.

Panic buying is unbelievable when you look at toilet paper for example. There are people who have stocked up for craps they won't be taking for five years! Let's leave a little for those who will be needing it today.
Trump didn't cause anything. Only Drs can write scripts.

I might agree with you if it was simply a country hoarding a limited product. But that's not the case. From the article: "India has some of the world’s largest manufacturers of the finished drug as well as its component ingredients and the move is likely to crimp global supply at a time when the medication is receiving unprecedented global attention."

This makes it seem like they are hoarding the drug at levels above what they normally use.

This may be the dumbest thing I've seen associated with the Coronavirus with the exception of "Hug a Chinese person" in Italy before their outbreak.

Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't. Seems crazy that any politician would stop the medical community from making their best judgement in the care of their patients because that politician hates the President so much...

Nevada’s Democratic governor places restrictions on using Trump-touted drugs for coronavirus

Nevada Gov. Steve Sisolak has restricted the prescription of two malaria medications that President Trump named as potential remedies for coronavirus, after a man died and his wife was hospitalized for using a fish tank cleaning additive with a similar name as a substitute.

Sisolak, a Democrat, issued an executive order Tuesday prohibiting prescriptions of chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine for coronavirus patients after the president mentioned the two drugs during a press briefing.

DR Fauci maske ET-8EowUcAACatb.jpg

This may be the dumbest thing I've seen associated with the Coronavirus with the exception of "Hug a Chinese person" in Italy before their outbreak.

Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't. Seems crazy that any politician would stop the medical community from making their best judgement in the care of their patients because that politician hates the President so much...

Nevada’s Democratic governor places restrictions on using Trump-touted drugs for coronavirus

Nonsensical

Trump didn't cause anything. Only Drs can write scripts.
True, but you don't think doctors began hoarding for themselves? There was a CBS story early in the week that Doctor's were stocking up on the drug for their own family leaving patients without a source.

Malaria Drug Helps Virus Patients Improve, in Small Study

The malaria drug hydroxychloroquine helped to speed the recovery of a small number of patients who were mildly ill from the coronavirus, doctors in China reported this week.

Cough, fever and pneumonia went away faster, and the disease seemed less likely to turn severe in people who received hydroxychloroquine than in a comparison group not given the drug. The authors of the report said that the medication was promising, but that more research was needed to clarify how it might work in treating coronavirus disease and to determine the best way to use it.

“It’s going to send a ripple of excitement out through the treating community,” said Dr. William Schaffner, an infectious disease expert at Vanderbilt University.

True, but you don't think doctors began hoarding for themselves? There was a CBS story early in the week that Doctor's were stocking up on the drug for their own family leaving patients without a source.
That isn't Trumps fault. Assuming of course that MDs and DOs know more about medicine than Trump.

This drug is still dramatically helping certain patients but the medical community is slow to speak much about it. Maybe when it starts helping people in NYC it will get more MSM play.

Trump's quick action and securing millions of doses of these drugs will save 10's of thousands. While the fake news and dems try to ban Trump's drug from the people. They have been doing everything they can to say this will not work and hide the truth. Do they want want more death?

Should dems have to go through some type of deprogramming if they want Trump's drug?
They do not seem to be a fan of facts and science...this drug has been around for decades with no real side affects...should people have the "right to try" (Trump's bill also) or should they just die from their TDS without Trump's help?

Should those who have had loved ones die due to this deception by the dems / fake news,rules by Nevada and Michigan Politicians be allowed to sue?

Last edited:
The drug is working for more and more folks. All Trump has said is "If your alternative is death, what have you got to lose?"

This drug is still dramatically helping certain patients but the medical community is slow to speak much about it. Maybe when it starts helping people in NYC it will get more MSM play.

Your narrative is all over the place. Is it the medical community slow to speak or the "MSM" not relaying the message? There are stories all-over the "MSM" of caring doctors and nurses going on strike to get attention of needs. They're not afraid to speak out and the media does not seem inhibited about reporting.

Maybe the medical community is slow to speak about this drug (taking your presumption) because they do feel it wise at this point?

Your narrative is all over the place. Is it the medical community slow to speak or the "MSM" not relaying the message? There are stories all-over the "MSM" of caring doctors and nurses going on strike to get attention of needs. They're not afraid to speak out and the media does not seem inhibited about reporting.

Maybe the medical community is slow to speak about this drug (taking your presumption) because they do feel it wise at this point?
Nothing says care like going on strike in the middle of a pandemic ?.

The media wont report on it because Trump put a light on it...cant give him a win on anything. It is an election year after all.

This, from Mini-Mike News, has aged about as well as your usual takes.

Typical ignoring the net result and looking for any excuse to sling mud. Demturd news bias will likely kill more blacks. Sad leadership techniques Dems practice.

And of course, this reporting strategy really helps people.

So this stuff is an active ingredient in fish tank cleaning tablets and people have been buying them and apparently taking them.