100,000 cases of coronavirus already in Ohio

Common sense? We have just begun to take real measures to contain it. There will be thousands upon thousands of US cases

I know your guy said the number would go from 15 to 0 just days ago, but use your head.

Funny how you didn't answer my simple question about how long after contracting the c-virus do symptoms show up but then you make an appeal to "common sense". Then you throw out something Trump said a week ago, out of context BTW, as a little jab. Funny how the usual suspects on Yappi seem unable to actually talk about the virus and focus instead on Trump's handling of it.

But back to my question, at present they're still figuring out the etiology of the c-virus in people. It seems though that within 2 weeks of contracting the virus symptoms appear. The best data is what we've gotten off that cruise ship.

My point was that if Ohio ALREADY has a lot of quiescent C-virus infections, and I suspect we do, then the lack of widespread symptom outbreaks is a GOOD THING. And every day that goes by where we don't see an explosion in symptoms is a good thing and SUGGESTS that maybe the virus isn't as potent or virulent as some believe.

Started hearing places were running low on Wednesday. On our way home from Indiana
visiting the daughter we stopped at Wal-Mart in Van Wert. They were out of tp. Plenty available at the hometown stores though. The 100000 statement was thursday.

I suspect it started with many right sided news commentators and Trump comparing it to the flu. People hear the word flu and think "running on both ends"

When you throw in the kids being home more (not the 100000 remark) and parents not wanting to get caught with their pants down, you get the perfect storm.

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see if the world turns upside down again in the fall if we have another outbreak of COVID 19. Would they dare cancel football season.
Could happen. Instead of letting it run its course and the population build antibodies they've got everyone hiding at home. When people start gathering again the potential for a spike is there.

Common sense? We have just begun to take real measures to contain it. There will be thousands upon thousands of US cases

I know your guy said the number would go from 15 to 0 just days ago, but use your head.
I dont remember shutting down the country for the Swine flu or any other pandemic we've experienced. Heck we dont do it for the regular old flu that impacts millions every year. Doesnt sound like common sense to me.

Funny how you didn't answer my simple question about how long after contracting the c-virus do symptoms show up but then you make an appeal to "common sense". Then you throw out something Trump said a week ago, out of context BTW, as a little jab. Funny how the usual suspects on Yappi seem unable to actually talk about the virus and focus instead on Trump's handling of it.
Because it's a political weapon. Mueller didnt get rid of him, impeachment didnt get rid of him, maybe some good old fear mongering will do the trick. Hence Trumps Katrina or Trumps Iran hostage crisis.

How bout Trumps Swine flu? Oh yeah the media didnt lose their minds over that.

I live in Greene county and my yard is still white, not very deep still see the top of the grass.

If sun and weather kill the virus why are Italy and Spain hotspots (70 and sunny in Madrid yesterday) and cases in Brazil and Australia.

It is not in question if sun and weather will kill this virus, just that with it being so prolific how much will it help.

It is not in question if sun and weather will kill this virus, just that with it being so prolific how much will it help.
Based on reports and video on the net the US is not taking this serious. Kids partying on springbreak, bars and restaurants are packed. We do not have tests and even politicians are making fun of social distancing As a country we are not set up for this and Trump Clownshow just makes everything worse.

Based on reports and video on the net the US is not taking this serious. Kids partying on springbreak, bars and restaurants are packed. We do not have tests and even politicians are making fun of social distancing As a country we are not set up for this and Trump Clownshow just makes everything worse.

You need welded into your apartment for this idiotic statement before you spread it around too much.

Funny how people who disagree with the left are in "lockstep". When the MSM all gives the same misinformation it's ok.

None of those people are going to die from this. How hard is that for you to understand? The funny thing about people who panic, they often times get even more freaked out about people who are not panicking like they themselves are.

I'm so sorry operation tank the economy isnt going as well as you hoped.

It's good to see there are still sane people in this country not letting fear dictate their lives...but you have fun stuck in your house.