Basketball websites that have scores, standings and schedules

I know the Indiana highschool basketball website has all the schedules and scores of all there teams and so does West Virginia it's close to 95 percent keeping all the schedules scores,I realize that Ohio had alot more highschools in the state, but Indiana and West Virginia, they seem to get it done,

Can anyone explain Arbiter? I realize it's used by ADs, and when I look online to find out exactly what it is, I still don't know too much after I'm finished reading it. I'm not claiming to be the smartest, so maybe that's the problem lol. I just wanted to find out. It seems to be a site they use a lot or have to use a lot but it seems to have mixed feelings about it, like the post above says it doesn't allow for a state-led site for ADs to report scores to in a timely manner because "that train left...when OHSAA went with Arbiter." Sorry for long post but what EXACTLY is Arbiter used for and why is it so huge with ADs?

Can anyone explain Arbiter? I realize it's used by ADs, and when I look online to find out exactly what it is, I still don't know too much after I'm finished reading it. I'm not claiming to be the smartest, so maybe that's the problem lol. I just wanted to find out. It seems to be a site they use a lot or have to use a lot but it seems to have mixed feelings about it, like the post above says it doesn't allow for a state-led site for ADs to report scores to in a timely manner because "that train left...when OHSAA went with Arbiter." Sorry for long post but what EXACTLY is Arbiter used for and why is it so huge with ADs?
I am not an AD, so I do not know all the ins and outs of Arbiter, so take this with a grain of salt, but... There are a number of uses for Arbiter.

In a nutshell, it's the official partner of the OHSAA when it comes to assigning and paying referees, registering student-athletes, as well as scheduling for some sports. For instance, I believe that for football, all games must be registered on Arbiter for them to count toward Harbin points for the postseason. But honestly, you are still better off going to individual school websites to get full schedules.

I keep track of boys basketball schedules for 80+ schools for my websites, and for the 2019-20 season, Arbiter was the less accurate/complete schedule for 51 of 81 schools. So in my opinion, it kinds of defeats the purpose (other than a method to assign and pay referees and track student-athletes). The biggest problem is that, other than requiring football games for postseason eligibility, there is no accountability, that I am aware of, to keep the schedules complete and accurate.

I have been entering schedules for a LOT of schools for over 10 years, and I see the same 5-6 applications that schools have chosen to use (and often pay money for) to manage their schedules. There is not one single system that everyone uses. Arbiter could have been that one, but it's hard to inform hundreds of schools that the money they spent on these other systems is now lost because they have to use Arbiter. So schools drop their other scheduling systems to use Arbiter, and nowadays, many school websites just link to their Arbiter schedules, even though those schedules are still not complete or accurate. And the fact that Arbiter cannot display final scores or league standings makes it very limited to administrator-only use and not very useful for fans. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
I am not an AD, so I do not know all the ins and outs of Arbiter, so take this with a grain of salt, but... There are a number of uses for Arbiter.

In a nutshell, it's the official partner of the OHSAA when it comes to assigning and paying referees, registering student-athletes, as well as scheduling for some sports. For instance, I believe that for football, all games must be registered on Arbiter for them to count toward Harbin points for the postseason. But honestly, you are still better off going to individual school websites to get full schedules.

I keep track of boys basketball schedules for 80+ schools for my websites, and for the 2019-20 season, Arbiter was the less accurate/complete schedule for 51 of 81 schools. So in my opinion, it kinds of defeats the purpose (other than a method to assign and pay referees and track student-athletes). The biggest problem is that, other than requiring football games for postseason eligibility, there is no accountability, that I am aware of, to keep the schedules complete and accurate.

I have been entering schedules for a LOT of schools for over 10 years, and I see the same 5-6 applications that schools have chosen to use (and often pay money for) to manage their schedules. There is not one single system that everyone uses. Arbiter could have been that one, but it's hard to inform hundreds of schools that the money they spent on these other systems is now lost because they have to use Arbiter. So schools drop their other scheduling systems to use Arbiter, and nowadays, many school websites just link to their Arbiter schedules, even though those schedules are still not complete or accurate. And the fact that Arbiter cannot display final scores or league standings makes it very limited to administrator-only use and not very useful for fans. Just my opinion.
Thanks...explains it a lot more than I originally knew.

One request. And I know it may be too late. Could the people operating the websites separate regular season records from playoff records? some do. Some don't. Last year I compiled a listing of standings and I would see many teams at 6-16 or 17-5 and assume that was the regular season only to find out, especially this time of the season, that one, maybe two, games were playoff games.
Also, a pet peeve. Please list an entire conference on one page. It is annoying to have to flip back and forth, back and forth and so one division of a conference back to the main page to division b, back to the main page, to division c, .....

OHSAA Would not be interested.Many ADs would not take time to update

If nearly every team in SW Ohio can do it, it shouldn't be that hard. I am surprised who every does the GMC/GCL/GWOC? many other sites has reached out to either other conferences in other parts of the state or OHSAA themselves. It takes 2 extra clicks from what teams already report to OHSAA and newspapers.

Pitman - Thanks for explaining Arbiter as I had the same question.

Starting today (Feb.25) the Columbus Dispatch is now going to press at around 7:00 p.m. and no high school results of evening games will be printed. C.O. area teams are in their database tool under high school sports. > So central ohio information will not be listed but can be searched. I look for the schools to stop calling in as the game results will not be in print or listed on a webpage

Yappi: Thanks for doing this thread it is very helpful. I just had someone ask about a Cincinnati school and I was able to locate their schedule. It is too bad we have set the information clock back years and years with the demise or pending demise of print media. The younger generation depends on facebook and twitter we (older) high school fans are the losers.

I worked as a reporter for high school basketball in early 70's. It was a golden era as our coverage of high school sports sold the paper. Now it would you would be hard pressed to find people under 40 who read a newspaper for any reason.

Since it is looking more and more like the season is over, I am going to do my best to compile a list of the records of every team in the state from these sites.

I am still looking for the following:
All-American (not sure how accurate their own website is)
Buckeye 8
Cleveland Senate (I have league but no overall. Also, never heard of Bard HS or Campus International HS. What are they?)
Great Lakes
Greater Cleveland (I have league but no overall)
Mid-Ohio Valley
North Coast
Steel Valley
Most independents
I am concerned with regular season only

Last edited:
Federal League is here:

League websites with stats are cool and all, but dont they give any opponent a free scouting report instead of digging up all that information already?

League websites with stats are cool and all, but dont they give any opponent a free scouting report instead of digging up all that information already?

Apparently you are of the opinion that coaches would be interested enough to take the time!

I'm in the process of adding all statewide schedules to the "Through the Scope" portion of my website. I could use a few volunteers to help with scores and I'd in return provide them with free access to the site. Send me a PM or email if you're interested. I could certainly use some help with this.

tjpeatross@neohiospotlight.com

I am still up in the air if I am going to (be able to) continue doing www.PITmanStats.com. The original purpose of the website is/was to track the DII Canton District and the DIII Wooster District (the 2 districts Triway kept bouncing between), and track the entire leagues for all the teams in those districts. But with the change in seeding and district placement, I really have 3 options:
  1. Cover ALL teams in each "super regional" (or whatever you want to call it) and their leagues, and then configure the DII Canton and DIII Wooster districts once bracketing is complete.
  2. Expand my scope to include all DII Northeast and DIII Northeast District teams and their leagues, and then configure a page for EVERY district in each super regional.
  3. Discontinue the website.
Option #1 would be ideal, but that is a LOT of teams, a LOT of leagues, and a LOT of games. Remember, this would span 2 divisions, so it wouldn't just require covering 1 super regional, it'd require 2. That means tracking not just approximately 110 teams, but also every team in all their leagues.

One question: If you click the links above, there are 2 columns where it groups together various Northeast districts (East and West). Would we know in the preseason which group would have the chance of going to DII Canton and DIII Wooster? If so, I could focus on just those groups. If not, then there is no difference between Options 1 & 2 above in terms of the number of teams I'd have to track.

I usually have 1 guy helping me with scores all winter long, but this would require much more significant help, not just getting final scores, but the more difficult part - getting COMPLETE AND ACCURATE schedules.

Thanks for any input.

Last edited:
This is an extremely difficult project. Comparing it to football, there are over twice as many games, more teams, far more cancellations/reschedules, and not as many volunteers to report scores. It will take more than a couple people working together to get complete coverage.

www.pitmanstats.com

Leagues:
  • Akron City Series
  • Chagrin Valley Conference
  • Crown Conference
  • Great Lakes Conference
  • Inter-Valley Conference
  • Lake Erie League
  • Lorain County League
  • Metro Athletic Conference
  • Mid-Buckeye Conference
  • Principals Athletic Conference