2019 Perry Panther Football Thread

I saw your post in the Perry/ McKinley thread and I wanted to ask you about it Big Ed. I just didn’t understand what was going on second half and just wondered if you had any insight? Not having the 1-2 punch took a toll on this game, was KW just saving some players for future use? I was really looking forward to this game just to see where Perry stood against an athletic team such as McKinley. In the first half ( Thunder and Lightning ) we’re quite efficient, 2nd half and beyond...........?
Next week, GlenOak. Go Perry!
Just speculation, but from binoculars, it looked like Lemon tweaked a groin muscle or possibly his hammy. He wanted to go back in, looked to be running ok on the sidelines, but they didn’t want to chance it and I don’t blame them no matter what he pulled. Especially if it was his hammy. Better to play Week 10 and beyond, than not play the rest of the year. He’s a difference maker with his speed.

Just speculation, but from binoculars, it looked like Lemon tweaked a groin muscle or possibly his hammy. He wanted to go back in, looked to be running ok on the sidelines, but they didn’t want to chance it and I don’t blame them no matter what he pulled. Especially if it was his hammy. Better to play Week 10 and beyond, than not play the rest of the year. He’s a difference maker with his speed.
Well maybe, but me thinks there's more to the story, stay tuned

According to Joe Eitel, if the Panthers win next week they’ve clinched a home game probably against Hudson.

According to Joe Eitel, if the Panthers win next week they’ve clinched a home game probably against Hudson.

Actually the latest update now has us clinching a home game already. Our minimum with a loss is 21.6 and Hudson's max with a win is down to 21. It looks like a pretty much lock that it's be Hudson unless they lose to 2-7 Twinsburg next week.

Also for what it's worth OHSAA reclassified Pennsylvania schools so it appears even if we did beat McKinley. That Hoban would have gotten enough points from that reclassification to stay ahead of Perry. The only way Perry had a shot is with a McKinley win over Massillon and a Central win over Louisville.

Big ed congratulations on perry i be there.how your stadium? .
Holds 6,700.
704DB15F-26BB-4773-8924-1EBBDD8AE8AB.jpeg

After just watching a replay of Garrett’s 47 yard TD run, Lemon grabbed the back of his leg. That’s a hammy and that’s the story...period.
Take your period and stick it you no where, the kid wan
After just watching a replay of Garrett’s 47 yard TD run, Lemon grabbed the back of his leg. That’s a hammy and that’s the story...period.
I dont know what you were looking at but the kid was running up and down the sidelines and seemed fine and was going to go back in but was told to stay out? for what? next week against GO? the playoffs? really, #1 every year is to win the FLC, if we do that the playoffs take care of themselves, and fort this ... period BS you know what you can do with that

Take your period and stick it you no where, the kid wan

I dont know what you were looking at but the kid was running up and down the sidelines and seemed fine and was going to go back in but was told to stay out? for what? next week against GO? the playoffs? really, #1 every year is to win the FLC, if we do that the playoffs take care of themselves, and fort this ... period BS you know what you can do with that
Why so emo? Oh, I forgot, nobody likes to be wrong on social media. Well, keep acting like your first name. And your blocked. Have a nice day. Now I won’t see anymore of your posts.

Last edited:
I get saving Lemon. If he’s hurt, don’t screw the kid up. It seems to me though that Wakefield doesn’t play the “next game” card.
He doesn't. And he doesnt baby kids, either. Never has. He's very old school. He likely saved the kid from the next play that ends his season. Hes been coaching longer than some of you've been alive, and you guys might face Massillon or Hoban or both in the next few weeks. . He knows what hes doing.

Always, always keep the faith!

WHERE CHAMPIONS ARE MADE AND SUCCESSIS TRADITION

Why so emo? Oh, I forgot, nobody likes to be wrong on social media. Well, keep acting like your first name. And your blocked. Have a nice day. Now I won’t see anymore of your posts.
You said, " emo" lol

Yeah, it looks like Hudson vs Perry in the first round. Is Perry pretty much the same type of team from the one Hudson played 3 straight times in the playoffs? Hudson is pretty different. Their defense struggles but the offense causes all sorts of problems for opposing defenses. Hudson has a very nifty QB. Hudson's schedule should prepare them well for Perry. I imagine this game would be a toss-up.

Yeah, it looks like Hudson vs Perry in the first round. Is Perry pretty much the same type of team from the one Hudson played 3 straight times in the playoffs? Hudson is pretty different. Their defense struggles but the offense causes all sorts of problems for opposing defenses. Hudson has a very nifty QB. Hudson's schedule should prepare them well for Perry. I imagine this game would be a toss-up.
Good Luck Panthers!!!

Perry is most definitely the same Team as before. 2 powerful RB’s both with over 1k rushing. QB who can sling it if he has to but is also a threat rushing. If this is going to be the match up this year I would expect a similar game as the 15 & 16 years.

In 15 and 16 Hudson had an excellent defense with an offense that struggled. This team is a complete 180 from those teams. Those games in 15 and 16 were extremely low scoring, but ultra-competitive. I imagine a rematch would be a higher scoring game.

In 15 and 16 Hudson had an excellent defense with an offense that struggled. This team is a complete 180 from those teams. Those games in 15 and 16 were extremely low scoring, but ultra-competitive. I imagine a rematch would be a higher scoring game.
If Hudson struggles on defense, I doubt they will beat Perry. Perry will eat clock with long drives that end in the endzone. Good luck to Perry!

Definitely looks like Hudson will be visiting Perry Stadium next Friday night. If the 15 and 16 games are any indication, this should be a dandy. Hudson is on a roll and the Panthers will be back to 100% next Friday. Looking forward to a great game.
GO PERRY BEAT HUDSON!

I think Hudson’s QB will be hard to deal with, from what I gather he has over 1,100 Rushing and passing. Their Feature RB has about a 1K rushing. I can’t wait! Gonna be a good one again I’m thinking.

Panther Nation, former 1969 Stark County MVP, member of the Stark County Football HOF and a charter member of the Perry Athletic Hall Of Fame, Running Back Tim Laps has been diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer. His children have put up a go fund me page on Facebook, which has been shared to numerous groups. If you can find it in your heart to donate any amount, it would be greatly appreciated. Tim is a class guy, a teammate of mine, friend and needs our help and prayers. Thank you!