Officer kills woman inside her Texas home after welfare call

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
A black woman was fatally shot by a white Fort Worth, Texas, officer inside her home early Saturday after police were called to the residence for a welfare check, authorities said.

The shooting occurred after a neighbor called the police non-emergency line to report that the front door to the home was open, according to the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

There's really no way to defend this one. I'm sure the cop didn't intend to do this, but it's pretty apparent he was not equipped to handle the job and should have never been a police officer in the first place. Seems like involuntary manslaughter.

There's really no way to defend this one. I'm sure the cop didn't intend to do this, but it's pretty apparent he was not equipped to handle the job and should have never been a police officer in the first place. Seems like involuntary manslaughter.
Agree, just from the article it seems the LEO way overreacted and it cost someone their life

I'm confused as to why the race of either person is even remotely relevant,.....oh wait, what am I saying? ....I see it was a white male killing a black female. Carry on, my bad.

The media just reacts to what the public wants to know. You can’t deny there is an issue in the way African Americans believe the police treat them.

I haven't seen the video, and I'm not sure it the bodycam showed it, but did she have the gun in her hand and could he have seen that? Was she pointing it at him?

Having said that, if the footage and other evidence indicates he overreacted, then he should be prosecuted appropriately.

That’s right, because because potential racial bias in police actions isn’t a thing that exists at all.

BUT - if she had a gun and pointed it at the cop, any perceived "bias" is meaningless. And if you take the "police action" out of it, the "outrage" is exactly the same. Potential racial bias? That bias is a two-way street. Families and friends will say anything - anything - to justify the actions of their son/nephew/friend.

Check out the telling video of some family members after their esteemed relative was shot and killed by a store clerk during an armed robbery:

I haven't seen the video, and I'm not sure it the bodycam showed it, but did she have the gun in her hand and could he have seen that? Was she pointing it at him?

Having said that, if the footage and other evidence indicates he overreacted, then he should be prosecuted appropriately.

BUT - if she had a gun and pointed it at the cop, any perceived "bias" is meaningless. And if you take the "police action" out of it, the "outrage" is exactly the same. Potential racial bias? That bias is a two-way street. Families and friends will say anything - anything - to justify the actions of their son/nephew/friend.

Check out the telling video of some family members after their esteemed relative was shot and killed by a store clerk during an armed robbery:

I would agree. That would be an important detail to leave out. Did you see any reporting that she had a gun?

Sounds like that study was full of errors.

I would agree. That would be an important detail to leave out. Did you see any reporting that she had a gun?

Other than the OP link saying police reported a gun in the house, no. The one rumor I gleaned from a friend of mine is that supposedly the lady was sitting on the couch playing video games with the nephew. Which makes me wonder, IF did she have a gun, did she perceive a threat outside the window, such as a burglar or worse, causing her to grab the gun and point it? And that gets into police procedure and citizen's duty and all that, and we haven't even seen any hard evidence yet.

Makes my head hurt. Somebody wake me up when something shakes loose on this case.

Sounds like that study was full of errors.

Well here is another one for you, from July

https://msutoday.msu.edu/news/2019/the-truth-behind-racial-disparities-in-fatal-police-shootings/

Wow, I knew things were bad down in SWO, but this Dayton video is truly disturbing.

Does anybody find it curious that the black community who states they are afraid of and don’t trust cops; they sure call the cops a ton... The man who was concerned for his neighbor, why not just walk next store and ask if everyone is OK? You instead call the exact people who are not trust worthy and are completely biased against the black community.

You could not pay me enough to be a law officer. Thankless and always wrong in just about every situation.

Does anybody find it curious that the black community who states they are afraid of and don’t trust cops; they sure call the cops a ton... The man who was concerned for his neighbor, why not just walk next store and ask if everyone is OK? You instead call the exact people who are not trust worthy and are completely biased against the black community.

You could not pay me enough to be a law officer. Thankless and always wrong in just about every situation.
How do you know the person that called was black?