Lasalle

its a private school. They can make almost anything they want as a requirement to go there.

Not to mention it is illegal and they had a student die during a drug deal :shrug:

I get it's tragic he died but that's on him for going to a thug, using fake money, and trying to run. Hit up one of your friends at UC where a large number of the white, middle class raised suburban kids are drug dealers.

I get it's tragic he died but that's on him for going to a thug, using fake money, and trying to run. Hit up one of your friends at UC where a large number of the white, middle class raised suburban kids are drug dealers.

Agreed that it's on him. But the school also has an obligation to do whatever it can to keep that stuff out of the building.

No, they should leave it alone because it's an invasion of privacy. As long as it isn't happening on school grounds, who cares what kids go home and do?

That doesn't apply at a private school. If you pay to send your kid there, you agree to the school's rules. If you feel that is too much an invasion of privacy, you're free to send your kid elsewhere.

I know a lot of kids that used a lot harder drugs than weed in HS. Can't blame a school for trying to stamp that out

Let me ask the lasalle guys this....if a student is caught out side of school drinking beer does he then get in trouble at school?

Alcohol is so much worse than pot....and I don't smoke. No I don't think kids should smoke or drink.

Lasalle can do what they want I do think it is a bit of a reach though.

Let me ask the lasalle guys this....if a student is caught out side of school drinking beer does he then get in trouble at school?

Alcohol is so much worse than pot....and I don't smoke. No I don't think kids should smoke or drink.

The rumor when I was at Elder was always that if there are 5+ Elder students it's considered an Elder function and they could thus be punished by the school. But it never happened.

Not sure this will go over well. I think people will be surprised with how many "good kids" smoke weed in high school.

Some d-bag blogged about this today, and mentioned that. I think he posts on yappi. Anyway, it'll be interesting to see what happens if a kid whose parents are big time donors gets popped for smoking weed.

The rumor when I was at Elder was always that if there are 5+ Elder students it's considered an Elder function and they could thus be punished by the school. But it never happened.

Pretty sure it doesn't matter if it is a school function or not. If a high school student gets cited or arrested for underage drinking, Im pretty sure the school can be notified and act as they see fit. I know of several instances where a high school student was found to be drunk, cited etc, and their school was notified.

Yes

Some d-bag blogged about this today, and mentioned that. I think he posts on yappi. Anyway, it'll be interesting to see what happens if a kid whose parents are big time donors gets popped for smoking weed.

Yeah, I definitely smoked weed with kids whose parents were/are sizable donors.

To be honest, if it was for drugs other than weed, I can see the angle where the school could really be helping the kid. But I just don't know where you can draw the line and set that up to actually work.

What is the punishment for nicotine outside of school? Do they test for that?

At Big Moe I think it's one time... some kind of trouble... second time you're out. Drugs and alchohol on or off campus and the handbook says you're out. Unless you go to them first and say you have a problem. then it's a one time only pass. I haven't read the "rulebook" in awhile, but I'm pretty sure that's accurate.

At Big Moe I think it's one time... some kind of trouble... second time you're out. Drugs and alchohol on or off campus and the handbook says you're out. Unless you go to them first and say you have a problem. then it's a one time only pass. I haven't read the "rulebook" in awhile, but I'm pretty sure that's accurate.

I have a hard time believing either of those are true. If so, Elder is definitely A LOT more lax than Moeller when it comes to that stuff. Heck, we were allowed to smoke and dip while on retreat.

Not sure this will go over well. I think people will be surprised with how many "good kids" smoke weed in high school.

I was in the honor level classes at Elder and I can think of 8 or 9 people (out of about 35) that I know smoked in HS. And that's just the ones that I can think of off the top of my head so I'm sure that number is higher.

I have a hard time believing either of those are true. If so, Elder is definitely A LOT more lax than Moeller when it comes to that stuff. Heck, we were allowed to smoke and dip while on retreat.

I think slide-pie might have been confused by the nicotine question. His line might be about harder stuff.