Annual College All Star Meet

Ummm, I've got no issue with Lindsey. He's an All American and that is an accomplishment that most wrestlers, even great ones never achieve. But, if you're going to call people out on knowing the facts, you should make sure you have yours straight.

Josh Robbins (St. X) was an NCAA runner-up in '93 for Penn State.

Also John Velez out of Kings High School. Placed 7th? or 6th at 125 for Northwestern.

If you can't handle the chatter on here, you shouldn't be posting on here. Most parents posting on here need to learn how to follow that one simple rule.

Germaine is a great wrestler, and I hope he does even better than last year, but whenever anyone predicts him to lose, or discusses a story about a time he lost, then Ohio Beast is sure to get his panties in a bunch and go on with an unnecessary rant.

I didn't really care that he was ranting. It's just that he was wrong in his facts while correcting other people for not knowing their facts.

Ok but J Jaggers didn't say the matches didn't matter or make excuses, ...

Boro, you say you know J personally and I agree he never made excuses, but I was talking with him less than an hour after he won his last National Championship and my buddy ask him to sign his OSU hat. The exact quote J wrote on the hat was, "F@%# NOVEMBER!" Now I am not a mind reader, but I am reasonably confident his intent with the quote was he didn't worry too much about losses in November.

Although he certainly had the talent to be an All American, I don't think Noble ever made the podium in DI, maybe during his time at Tri-C???

Noble never AA'd but Purdue Head Coach Scott Hinkel was a state champ for fairfield and AA for purdue in the 80's. There have been others as well besides those listed.

If you can't handle the chatter on here, you shouldn't be posting on here. Most parents posting on here need to learn how to follow that one simple rule.

Germaine is a great wrestler, and I hope he does even better than last year, but whenever anyone predicts him to lose, or discusses a story about a time he lost, then Ohio Beast is sure to get his panties in a bunch and go on with an unnecessary rant.
Handle what? there's nothing to handle, Did you not see my post, i don't mind who has an opinion on my son, they could post what they want. What make this site so good is that we agree to disagree, Just like your post is a unnecessary rant, that mean nothing to the Lindsey's. I don't post about kids losing to another kid, because I don't have a Dog in that fight. But when you bring my Dog up in a fight, of course i'm going to say something, because don't "NOBODY" know my "Son" better then "ME". Like I said we don't make excuses about an L we keep it moving! PS Guys kill me when they hide behind a screen name and post. What Yappi should do is make everybody use their real name. I'm 1st Germane Lindsey,Sr I bet 3/4 of the people on here wouldn't post no more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :stirthepot:

Boro, you say you know J personally and I agree he never made excuses, but I was talking with him less than an hour after he won his last National Championship and my buddy ask him to sign his OSU hat. The exact quote J wrote on the hat was, "F@%# NOVEMBER!" Now I am not a mind reader, but I am reasonably confident his intent with the quote was he didn't worry too much about losses in November.

Thank you people on here need to stop putting words in other people mouth, Of course all matches matter that's the reason people compete.

I was fortunate enough to be in Omaha last year to share the moment with Germaine's father - awesome experience.

These are the only Cincinnati area Div. 1 All Americans:
Tom Coffing - Lakota
Mike Holcomb - Goshen
Scott Hincle - Fairfield
Josh Robbins - St. X
Sean Enright - Lebanon (2X)
John Velez - Kings
Blake Kaplan - Sycamore
Germaine Lindsay - Moeller

Bailey 3 - Lindsey 2

Bailey converts a 3rd period shot to win.

Sounded like a very close match, perhaps the two will meet again down the line.

Bailey 3 - Lindsey 2

Bailey converts a 3rd period shot to win.

Sounded like a very close match, perhaps the two will meet again down the line.
Yes it was a great match always go for the win. Germane loss with 20sec. left in the match tie 1-1 Germane shot a single, great counter by Bailey to spin around back. Germane esc. with 10sec left and was unable to get the TD before time ran out. I'm so proud of my son, keep working hard. :cool:

Results:

125 pounds: No. 5 Anthony Robles (Arizona State) tech fall No. 3 Zach Sanders (Minnesota), 20-2 (5:00)
133: No. 1 Jordan Oliver (Oklahoma St.) dec. No. 2 Andrew Hochstrasser (Boise St.), 8-7
141: No. 3 Zack Bailey (Oklahoma) dec. No. 5 Germane Lindsey (Ohio), 4-3
149: No. 5 Kevin LeValley (Bucknell) dec. No. 4 Torsten Gillespie (Edinboro), 6-0
157: No. 4 Bubba Jenkins (Arizona State) maj. dec. No. 1 Adam Hall (Boise State), 12-4
165: No. 5 Josh Asper (Maryland) dec. No. 11 Shane Onufer (Wyoming), 3-2
174: No. 6 Nick Amuchastegui (Stanford) dec. No. 3 Jordan Blanton (Illinois),
184: No. 2 Joe LeBlanc (Wyoming) dec. No. 5 AJ Kissel (Purdue), 10-5
197: No. 4 Clayton Foster (Oklahoma State) dec. No. 3 Sonny Yohn (Minnesota), 7-3
285: No. 8 Ryan Flores (American) dec. No. 2 Jarod Trice (Central Michigan), 3-1

I think the surprise matches are definitely @ 125 and 157. I know Robles is a beast on top and can really rack up points, but Sanders has wrestled him a couple of times now. I really want to see if Stieber can handle a guy like that on top.

Then Jenkins... He has left me scratching my head a couple of times already this year, but he proves his worth with a resounding win over Hall, returning AA and #1 kid in the country.

Even though this results pop out to me, I remember that Metcalf had tech falled Caldwell in this same event but we know what happened later in the year.

I think the surprise matches are definitely @ 125 and 157. I know Robles is a beast on top and can really rack up points, but Sanders has wrestled him a couple of times now. I really want to see if Stieber can handle a guy like that on top.

Then Jenkins... He has left me scratching my head a couple of times already this year, but he proves his worth with a resounding win over Hall, returning AA and #1 kid in the country.

Two things:

Robles only has one leg, and while their are obvious disadvantages, there are obvious advantages as well. the most notable being the brutal strength he has over all other 125 pounders. Once he is on top, and stops that first move, you are not going anywhere.

To look past Jenkins would be hugely foolish. He was in the National finals a few years ago. To assume a couple early season matches are an indication of what's to come is unlikely. He has talent and is now in a place where he can work out some of his off the mat issues.

Looks like Germain physically took it to Baily. Baily looks dead tired in that pic getting his hand raised.

Maybe he wrestled the toughest match he might have all year? Nobody said anything about being out of shape.

Two things:

Robles only has one leg, and while their are obvious disadvantages, there are obvious advantages as well. the most notable being the brutal strength he has over all other 125 pounders. Once he is on top, and stops that first move, you are not going anywhere.

To look past Jenkins would be hugely foolish. He was in the National finals a few years ago. To assume a couple early season matches are an indication of what's to come is unlikely. He has talent and is now in a place where he can work out some of his off the mat issues.

Really? You're right. I don't know why other wrestlers don't cut off their limbs so they can get extra strength over their opponents.

I have a hard time understanding how people think there are advantages to having one leg. Let me guess... Dustin Carter had a distinct advantage over his opponents, too.

Really? You're right. I don't know why other wrestlers don't cut off their limbs so they can get extra strength over their opponents.

I have a hard time understanding how people think there are advantages to having one leg. Let me guess... Dustin Carter had a distinct advantage over his opponents, too.

Don't get all flustered. Even Robles admitted he believes he has a slight advantage. If not for the upper body strength, he has the advantage of the experience of wrestling guys with two legs. Just think of it this way. How many guys has Robles wrestled with two legs? Now, ask the same question about his opponents and how many guys they wrestled with one leg.

Robles knows how to wrestle guys with two legs, guys with two legs for the most part do not know how to wrestle a guy with one leg, especially a good one.

Last edited: