Youngstown East at Hubbard week 1

2018 week 10. Hubbard took a lead with under a minute left. East hit a long pass for a touchdown with 10 seconds left to win the game. East was pretty loaded that year. Chaney brought varsity football back the next season and it all fell apart. Most of the better players from East went to Chaney along with their best coach.
How did Hubbard look against Chaney in the scrimmage, any word?

How did Hubbard look against Chaney in the scrimmage, any word?
Chaney took Hubbard to the shed. Chaney is loaded with speed and size this year. Quarterback is very good. They did better the following week at Brookfield who should be very good. Hubbard lost 7-0, but had 3 missed opportunities in the Warriors redzone. Definitely a lot to build on for the upcoming season.

Chaney took Hubbard to the shed. Chaney is loaded with speed and size this year. Quarterback is very good. They did better the following week at Brookfield who should be very good. Hubbard lost 7-0, but had 3 missed opportunities in the Warriors redzone. Definitely a lot to build on for the upcoming season.
Did Brookfield have two touchdowns called back in that scrimmage as well?

They did better the following week at Brookfield who should be very good. Hubbard lost 7-0, but had 3 missed opportunities in the Warriors redzone. Definitely a lot to build on for the upcoming season.
I'm somewhat surprised ohioguy from Brookfield never commented on the scrimmage.

I'm somewhat surprised ohioguy from Brookfield never commented on the scrimmage.
Showed up to the scrimmage a little late, but Brookfield did not play well offensively. Hubbard moved the ball between the 35s but could not punch it in. What probably contributed to the offensive struggles was the lack of plays cause Hubbard chewed the clock (which is their offensive plan this year)

Hubbard Eagles vs Youngstown East Golden Bears

2018 H East 26-20 ** East scored winning TD with nine seconds left ending Hubbard’s undefeated
season at 9-1. Both teams moved on in D-IV Region 13, with #3 Hubbard
meeting #6 Indian Creek at home and #5 Girard at #4 Youngstown East
at Stambaugh Stadium.

2019 DNP
2020 DNP
2021 DNP

Hubbard leads series 6-4.
Total points: East – 162; Hubbard – 191.

Game #10 .. played on Friday, 26 October 2018 at Hubbard Memorial Stadium.
I guess this qualifies as a "payback game" since they haven't played since East defeated a undefeated Hubbard team.
East spoils Hubbard’s bid for perfect 2018 regular season.

I agree. I'm just looking for something.....anything to see something positive about. East. The talent is just too thinned out with 5 football playing schools within city proper.
I will root for East. Do some good things. Safe game for both sides.

That's the feeling of a lot of the Hubbard faithful sportster.

Should be another packed crowd on the home side down at Beautiful Hubbard Memorial Stadium.
The Hubbard season right now is an unknown, they can be lights out or they can be not as good as the last couple years. Time will tell, I don’t think we find out much until maybe week 4

The Hubbard season right now is an unknown, they can be lights out or they can be not as good as the last couple years. Time will tell, I don’t think we find out much until maybe week 4
18 returning letterman from a team that went 10-2 last year.

Like I've stated before, I like seeing Hubbard under the radar this year. No pressure when you're not actually being noticed.

Last edited: