Youngstown Area Coaching Changes

OhioGuy4

As most teams in the area are onto basketball season, it’s around the time that the coaching carousel opens up. Thought this would be a good place to start a comings and goings list of area coaches as well as any rumors of those comings and goings.

I heard that the Mineral Ridge coach could be in line for that job
Seems like that would be an bad move for Shaner. East is such an uphill battle with all the talent going to Chaney now plus he has a decent thing going at the Ridge now that program got revived. They had like 40 kids on the jr high team that won the league plus having their best varsity year in 15 years should spur that program along farther.

Right now, the openings in the Mahoning Valley and neighbor locations are Youngstown East, Warren Howland, and East Liverpool. Are there any future openings that have been discussed in other threads/public?

Do you know any word why?

The blurb that I saw just said the following:

In a text announcing the resignation, Assion said: "I am resigning from East High School as head football coach effective immediately. One win and 17 losses just doesn’t cut it,” he said.

Politics. When you're in the right click, you are protected. He would most likely have to just resign. Who is going to fire him?
What kind of politics would save a coach at school like Harding?Seems like a storied program like that u better perform or u would be gone

Before the season started, there were several rumors of pelini stepping down at Mooney. I’m curious if that is still going to happen with the playoff success. I also heard a very small rumor from people in Poland that they want pav out, but I doubt he goes anywhere.

It always seems like the Arnold rumors have been around for years, but until it actually happens, I let it go in one ear and out the other.
As for Pav, his name, albeit his fathers, is on the scoreboard.

What about Howland ? Not too many people on here representing . I heard a couple coaches from Lakeviews staff were interested .

It always seems like the Arnold rumors have been around for years, but until it actually happens, I let it go in one ear and out the other.
As for Pav, his name, albeit his fathers, is on the scoreboard.
Your fathers name will only go so far. If you’re not a good football team and people point out the coach as the main reason you’ll be gone