Year-End Awards?

From what I've seen almost all of the advanced metrics and efficiency metrics have improved. If I get time I'll do some looking. Anyway, I don't think the talk about him having some of the best statistical seasons ever over the past two years was just fabricated.
Again, do your research.

I'm not one for Advanced Stats; as a mathematician and a fan, I see the flaws in them. But for what they're worth, here are his top five PER seasons:
1. 31.7 - Cleveland, 2008-09
2. 31.1 - Cleveland, 2009-10
3. 30.2 - Miami, this season so far
4. 29.1 - Cleveland, 2007-08
5. 28.1 - Cleveland, 2005-06

Or, here are his top five Win Shares seasons:
1. 20.3 - Cleveland, 2008-09
2. 18.5 - Cleveland, 2009-10
3. 16.3 - Cleveland. 2005-06
4. 15.6 - Miami, 2010-11
5. 15.2 - Cleveland, 2007-08

You're a mathematician?

Anyway I can't refute the numbers but all I've heard over the past two years is how he's put together some of the best statistical seasons in the history of the game. I'll see what there is to that tomorrow morning maybe.

You're a mathematician?

Anyway I can't refute the numbers but all I've heard over the past two years is how he's put together some of the best statistical seasons in the history of the game. I'll see what there is to that tomorrow morning maybe.
The key there is "some of the best." He also had "some of the best" seasons when he was in Cleveland.

Yeah, just browsing through the highest PER years ever, it looks like you're right. His name is on that list so many times near the top it's crazy.

I'm going to make a prediction, for what it's worth. If Durant wins the scoring title again this year, I think he'll win the MVP.

MVP: LeBron James (Kevin Durant)

Defensive Player: Serge Ibaka (Dwight Howard)

Coach of the Year: Gregg Popovich

6th Man: James Harden

Most Improved: Andrew Bynum

Rookie of the Year: Kyrie Irving

I think I'm changing my DPOY to Tyson Chandler. After reading some articles about Chandler's impact on the Knicks, I have become convinced that his defensive attitude is contagious. His absence from Dallas and his impact on the Knicks is clearly evident. He's also a more versatile defender than Ibaka.

I don't think LeBron has been better individually with the Heat than he was with the Cavs. Pretty much the same, just taking less threes, thus a slightly higher FG percentage. I tend to think he plays better when he is the only superstar on the floor for his team

I like this take. I think one weakness LeBron might have is playing with higher level talent. Not being the clearly BEST player on the team.

He is the best player in the league though.

Irving best rookie.

Popo coach of the year

I dislike the idea that a big man has to win the DPOY. Only 2 (I think) non-big men have won it, one being Artest.

I dislike the idea that a big man has to win the DPOY. Only 2 (I think) non-big men have won it, one being Artest.

Yeah, but big men are just so important to a defense. A really good defensive big man has more of an impact than a really good defensive guard.

Yeah, but big men are just so important to a defense. A really good defensive big man has more of an impact than a really good defensive guard.
I totally agree. Even if a perimeter guard plays outstanding defense, it's not worth so much if the big men don't know how to defend pick situations. But a great defensive big man can compensate for the mistakes of a mediocre perimeter defender.

Coach of the Year goes to Gregg Popovich. The trend continues: no coach has ever won the award in consecutive seasons.

DPOY to Tyson Chandler. He is a great one, and I'm learning to appreciate him more and more as I watch him play. His acceptance speech was hilarious, too!