Yappi`s #1 poster

Polster , thank you for your welcome , it is much appreciated. We have already visited your site , we wish you the best of luck , but are not interested in a league that stops at 7th grade as we do not have a middle school program. I'm sure you'll understand , but , thank you.

Polster , thank you for your welcome , it is much appreciated. We have already visited your site , we wish you the best of luck , but are not interested in a league that stops at 7th grade as we do not have a middle school program. I'm sure you'll understand , but , thank you.

I cant give up that easy now can I?

Whats up with the middle school program?

You guys got such a strong tradition, I get goosebumps when I see the signs and graffiti supporting your school. That's were I stole the banner Idea from.

Can we get our middle school funded? Do we have coaches? How about volunteers like Springfield.
We could probably get it funded , but it does not make sense for our youth program. Currently our youth program is known statewide (especially in our division) , as one of the best in the state. This stems from the fact that our youth are taught the same basic offense and defense from the age of 7 until they go to the high school. The problem with both middle school and the new Buckeye youth football conference for us is two-fold , it is both a numbers issue and a quality issue. First , I'll explain the latter , in middle school football they basically play 6 or 7 games and they play for nothing , which is completely worthless , in my opinion. Not only that , but they don't even have kickoffs:shrug: this is hardly a good option compared to what we currently have. Secondly , I'll explain the numbers issue by giving an example from last year. If we had been in the BYF and had a middle school program last year this would have been the scenario; Since BYF ends with the seventh grade there would not have physically been enough kids for the middle school program. Our 8th grade had a total of 19 boys in it. Out of those 19 , last year , 7 were on the youth varsity (1 quit) , 2 were too old for SYF and 1 was overweight (although he had not played youth in years not due to weight). This would have given a middle school team a total of about 10 players , maybe 11 if someone decided to come out unexpectidley. as far as the BYF goes, at Mogadore , I cannot remember a year were we had more than 1 or at the max 2 that were overweight and could not play. For this reason, as well as our high school coach's desire , we will stay with our system as it currently is.

How can you say a middle school is worthless? Just my opinion. One for thought. What about the turn-out of kids years before this year?

Get ready for the barage of "sales calls" from the BYF supporters.

I agree with your explanation and agree whole heartedly. Some people have such personal issues with Suburban Youth, that they forget all the good things it has done for the children. Its kinda like "I don't like my sons coach, so I'm gonna pull him off the team". Some of the weight limits are out dated and the Board is looking to make some major changes.

Get ready for the barage of "sales calls" from the BYF supporters.

I agree with your explanation and agree whole heartedly. Some people have such personal issues with Suburban Youth, that they forget all the good things it has done for the children. Its kinda like "I don't like my sons coach, so I'm gonna pull him off the team". Some of the weight limits are out dated and the Board is looking to make some major changes.
I understand you have that problem now.

'65 , after re-reading my post , that did come off different than I intended. I don't think that playing middle school is worthless. I meant the fact that the season is so short and there are not any playoffs or anything. Certainly any time a young man learns the game and participates in a team environment , it is always a good thing. Sorry I wasn't clear in my post. As far as our enrollment in other years , it would be hit or miss at best. Consider that we rarely have a Freshman team more than a year at a time consecutively, because of this very problem. We had one 2 years ago , but not last year.

This is why we are a D6 school. Our mentality has to change.

Your D-6 because your Community does not have enough people in it, and your Schools do not have room for many more students.

Trust me, I looked into it. Your current 6th grade has no room for any additional students. They were not taking any Open Enrollment kids for this grade, as well as a few others.

"This is why we are a D6 school. Our mentality has to change."

It is what it is. Our town is approximately 3 square miles in size. You can't squeeze more people in it . Besides , what is the shame in being a D6 school? Especially when our program is known across the state for it's success? We compete with schools that are the same size as us , just like every D1 through D5 school does. Before the PTC was put in to effect , we played hardly any schools that were D6 , Crestwood , for example , was D2 and we beat them plenty. Our "mentality" as you call it , has been excellence , and will stay that way I hope for the foreseeable future.

wrap around

Hey can you teach Phil a new wrap around draw?
"This is why we are a D6 school. Our mentality has to change."

It is what it is. Our town is approximately 3 square miles in size. You can't squeeze more people in it . Besides , what is the shame in being a D6 school? Especially when our program is known across the state for it's success? We compete with schools that are the same size as us , just like every D1 through D5 school does. Before the PTC was put in to effect , we played hardly any schools that were D6 , Crestwood , for example , was D2 and we beat them plenty. Our "mentality" as you call it , has been excellence , and will stay that way I hope for the foreseeable future.

Does anyone know if the youth is making any changes? I see allot of ideas but I dont know who is in charge and who to believe.

There are changes being made, everything to be out soon.

As far as stuff floating around on here, yea, there is LOTS of BS.....a lot of it is by design from the BYF crowd......after looking around for a little while, I'm sure that you can figure out who is for real and who is full of stuff. Best other suggestion I can offer you is that if you have a question, ask it......and ALWAYS doublecheck your info.....especially if it sounds suspect......usually someone only knows half of the story...........

Don't get me wrong my man, this site is a good one and has some very useful info and sheds light on issues, but there is also a ton of speculation, unfounded rumors, and straight up lies.........temper what you read.......do some digging, and don't let the BS'ers get away with it....it ruins it for the rest of us. Thanks.......

They will wish they met, because Springfield, Tallmage, Manchester are going to punish them next week @ the 7on7. Then Springfield will prolly dislocate every players head from there shoulders during the scrimmage the following week against moggydore.

Wow polster you are putting a lot of importance on a passing scrimmage. I can't remember the last time Mogadore "won" a scrimmage. During a scrimmage I know Moggy has a theory if you run a play and it works they rarely go back to it. They spend most of their reps on plays that were shut down and they try to correct things and rerun them.
So I guess peoples idea of a successful scrimmage are different.

Mogadore did very well in the passing scrimmage I thought. Its like a mini rival with Springfield. But like I said before. Moggy better bring there "A" game and there heads on a swivel. The thunder and lightning show will be there soon. 8-18@7pm

Shut out? Mogadore had one good drive. Mogadore coaches know who controled the game. Points do matter though, and spartans had three fizzled out drives going in the zone.

Shut out? Mogadore had one good drive. Mogadore coaches know who controled the game. Points do matter though, and spartans had three fizzled out drives going in the zone.

Hey polster is the sky still blue in your make believe world? Mogadore coaches do know who controlled this game from start to finish, MOGADORE, we moved the ball effortlessly on Springfield, our mistakes are the only thing that stopped us, Springfield had absolutely no offense or defense against us period, your comments make you look like a clown on these boards

Hey polster is the sky still blue in your make believe world? Mogadore coaches do know who controlled this game from start to finish, MOGADORE, we moved the ball effortlessly on Springfield, our mistakes are the only thing that stopped us, Springfield had absolutely no offense or defense against us period, your comments make you look like a clown on these boards

like i said, one drive. Answer this, what will happen to Moggy when and if Springfield builds new schools? 130 kids transfer back and I dont think you can go lower than d6 can you?