Yappi hourly wage survey

TigerPaw

NE OH, 100+ employees, rubber/plastics industry:

Compounders $20/hr
Press operators, shipping/receiving, janitor $18
Maintenance $27

Still think we are low. Trouble finding workers (like everyone). Very profitable, record sales & profit 2021 and on pace to beat that 2022. Chime in on your factory or business.

NE OH, 100+ employees, rubber/plastics industry:

Compounders $20/hr
Press operators, shipping/receiving, janitor $18
Maintenance $27

Still think we are low. Trouble finding workers (like everyone). Very profitable, record sales & profit 2021 and on pace to beat that 2022. Chime in on your factory or business.
Press operators make the same as janitors?

20 and hour is way too low for a welder.. The run away inflation is going to kill smaller business eventually.
We see it....

I told my boss..we either sink or swim. We need to raise wages...if we can't make it..we can't make it. Slow bleed.....

So Amazon can buy and sell crap not made in the US. Think about that.
Yeah, it's call trade, the USA does sell stuff to other countries. We had a good thing going in this country, low costs, low inflation, now look at what you got, wanted tariffs except the higher costs of doing business that come with those tariffs.

1648834445248.png
1648834587813.png

1648834623974.png

The Amazon distributions I know of are around $20-$24 with benefits and vacation.

Just recently Amazon quit testing new hires for THC and no longer random drug screens. Guess why?

How on Earth do you get a welder in a small shop for $20 an hour when places like Amazon are offering this?

Most trade apprentices start out around $17-$19. How do you convince new kids to work in the mud and elements and drive all over creation when they can work inside at Amazon for more?

Last edited:
View attachment 28316View attachment 28317
View attachment 28318
The Amazon distributions I know of are around $20-$24 with benefits and vacation.

Just recently Amazon quit testing new hires for THC and no longer random drug tests. Guess why?

How on Earth do you get a welder in a small shop for $20 an hour when places like Amazon are offering this?

Most trade apprentices start out around $17-$19. How do you convince new kids to work in the mud and elements and drive all over creation when they can work inside at Amazon for more?
Would a kidnapping conviction keep someone from joining the Amazon family?

Asking for a friend.

View attachment 28316View attachment 28317
View attachment 28318

Just recently Amazon quit testing new hires for THC and no longer random drug screens. Guess why?

Or 18 bucks to flip a hamburger.

You mean the govt.'s response to the pandemic.
I agree, both sides have kicked the can.

My tax guy tells me this year reminds him an awful lot of 2008/2009. People running in as soon as they get their W2 so they can get their refund ASAP. We have conditioned our society to spend, spend, spend. I know an awful lot of people who have a lot of stuff (nice cars, houses, motorcycles, campers) but live paycheck to paycheck. Reminds me an awful lot of 2008/2009. The more they make (or given) the more they spend.

Ditto for Amazon fulfillment center employees.
Not in NYC, if the union vote stands. Mo' money, mo' money, less work.

I wonder if Bezos has the balls to shut it down and lease out his conveyor belt barn ? He franchises out operations to some extent, too. Guessing these kids won't get what the organizers have led them to believe, but we'll see.

Last edited:
Lets try to stick w/ the survey. Just interested in your company's pay scale (starting pay), and reaction to current demand/labor market.

I agree, both sides have kicked the can.

My tax guy tells me this year reminds him an awful lot of 2008/2009. People running in as soon as they get their W2 so they can get their refund ASAP. We have conditioned our society to spend, spend, spend. I know an awful lot of people who have a lot of stuff (nice cars, houses, motorcycles, campers) but live paycheck to paycheck. Reminds me an awful lot of 2008/2009. The more they make (or given) the more they spend.
Cash will be king next year when mortgage rates are near 8 - 9%. Inflation is really bad news for middle class and lower, and Fed chief Powell wanted some inflation, well he is getting it now, what an idiot.

Cash will be king next year when mortgage rates are near 8 - 9%. Inflation is really bad news for middle class and lower, and Fed chief Powell wanted some inflation, well he is getting it now, what an idiot.
How will the home sales market look with mortgage rates returning to more historical norms? Today, houses last a couple days on the market and sell for up to 10% over asking price it seems. With those rates, prices will level (or drop) and the buyers will be given a price break. The cycle continues!