Wk12 Massillon (11-0) vs Westerville South (7-4)

-Massillon Washington vs. Westerville South-

2001——MW 41——WS 7
2002——MW 43——WS 6
2020——MW 45——WS 36
2021——MW 50——WS 19
2023——??????

Would like to see more rushing yardage.
I mean yeah but bro we got to be honest with ourselves if you're putting eight or nine guys in the box you're not going to have a lot of rushing yards I'm actually liking the way the passing game was developing today because that's what we need to see but you're not totally wrong but that's just not 100% realistic in my opinion when they're loading the box you're not going to have huge games on the ground you know what I'm saying

I mean yeah but bro we got to be honest with ourselves if you're putting eight or nine guys in the box you're not going to have a lot of rushing yards I'm actually liking the way the passing game was developing today because that's what we need to see but you're not totally wrong but that's just not 100% realistic in my opinion when they're loading the box you're not going to have huge games on the ground you know what I'm saying
I get it . But we've faced eight and nine in the box before but this was our second lowest net rushing yardage total. I guess I expected more against a 16 seed. I've been wrong before.

I get it . But we've faced eight and nine in the box before but this was our second lowest net rushing yardage total. I guess I expected more against a 16 seed. I've been wrong before.
That 16 seed played a better game than a league champ that is on to round 2 in division 1 did in week 10. No need to pound it into a loaded box when you are sitting on 5 quality receivers. Post routes, crossing routes, curls, deep outs, tight end down the seem, and WR screens. A complete demonstration of load the box and we will systematically slice you up in the passing game. I will take that vs playing a physical pound it into a loaded box for non reason.

That's how I look at it. At first I was frustrated that we couldn't do what we wanted to do, which is predominantly run and mix in pass. But Crossing strategy was screw it just send everybody every play whatever happens happens. We could have (and technically should have) passed it every down but didn't want to.

It did point out a need for shorter safer dump-off routes imo. It's always nagged me that that our passing game requires too much time in the pocket. But yes the WR's ran free when we picked up the blitz. But we don't always pick up the blitz and Hoban isn't Crossing.

We'll see what South does. Decent program, much better than Crossing.

The short and intermediate passing attack last night was outstanding. The DB was lining 8 yards off of Toles and he would run a 5 yd curl and it’s an easy 5 yds or more with his speed. Also Zimmerman at TE made some nice catches as well.
The speed and depth we have at WR is huge.
CC is clearly not close to any team we will play in weeks 4-6 but it showed to teams what will happen if you put 8 in the box and blitz 75% of the time.
The West S game should be similar.

That's how I look at it. At first I was frustrated that we couldn't do what we wanted to do, which is predominantly run and mix in pass. But Crossing strategy was screw it just send everybody every play whatever happens happens. We could have (and technically should have) passed it every down but didn't want to.

It did point out a need for shorter safer dump-off routes imo. It's always nagged me that that our passing game requires too much time in the pocket. But yes the WR's ran free when we picked up the blitz. But we don't always pick up the blitz and Hoban isn't Crossing.

We'll see what South does. Decent program, much better than Crossing.
As I have said before, Hoban blitz’s damn near every play. Perfecting the short quick passing game is exactly what we need to be doing.

I don't think the Tigers are going to be able to run the ball between the 20s against Hoban.The running game just isn't that special this year,and they really couldn't do it when we've had premiere rbs in the past.
They had something special in Owen's carrying the ball but he does seem gimpy the last few weeks and has lost a gear.
However,this is a championship defense.

I don't think the Tigers are going to be able to run the ball between the 20s against Hoban.The running game just isn't that special this year,and they really couldn't do it when we've had premiere rbs in the past.
They had something special in Owen's carrying the ball but he does seem gimpy the last few weeks and has lost a gear.
However,this is a championship defense.
Run the ball and stop the run !

Owens is what our running game is centered around and he's obviously not a 100%. If opposing teams don't respect him pulling it and keeping it, we're just not as effective on the ground. Everyone on here knows we need him to be as healthy as possible in the coming weeks, so I think that we'll continue to struggle on the ground until we're able to get Owens back to being a threat on the ground. As long as we continue to win, stay healthy and continue to get better week to week, nothing else matters.

Owens is what our running game is centered around and he's obviously not a 100%. If opposing teams don't respect him pulling it and keeping it, we're just not as effective on the ground. Everyone on here knows we need him to be as healthy as possible in the coming weeks, so I think that we'll continue to struggle on the ground until we're able to get Owens back to being a threat on the ground. As long as we continue to win, stay healthy and continue to get better week to week, nothing else matters.
Correct -Owens offsets the push our Oline doesn’t get.

Well if there was ever a week he could have stayed off it that was it. He shouldn’t run at all next week either, if he can help himself. Just get the W ugly or not.

Can everyone chill? We are getting live reps for our passing game. Have we not learned from the past? We have never had a healthy backfield going into the state semi or state game. Let the coaches coach and preserve as they see fit vs a team that was never a threat.

Can everyone chill? We are getting live reps for our passing game. Have we not learned from the past? We have never had a healthy backfield going into the state semi or state game. Let the coaches coach and preserve as they see fit vs a team that was never a threat.
The backfield was healthy last year.