Winton Woods 55 Middletown 13

Maybe if URBAN calls and says I want to see what he could do at safety or db.....:thumb: . Zach did play both sides of the ball last year. But he played D full time and only spot play on offense. Seen EJ and Jalin play a little D last year also.

:thumb: :laugh: :thumb: :laugh: I'm sure that would get it done. You're right, Zach did start on both sides of the ball but didn't get as many snaps on offense like he did previous years (even though I think he got alot more toward the end of the season when Holdbrook got hurt, and he got alot of snaps and some big TD receptions in their playoff win against Centerville last year). However, I don't know if we have the same amount of talent as we have had in the past, and with the injuries we have I'd have to imagine that Everheart might be thinking about getting certain players in for multiple plays on both sides of the ball

He has Marshall doing everything else. He was on every special team (don't know about punt return, WW didn't punt:D ). Take him off the special teams and put him at linebacker. It's a critical point in the season.

No argument from me. Then again outside of Colerain I don't know how many more teams the Middies will play that are as good as WW. With that being said he may not be needed now...but if we can still get to the playoffs I like your idea about having him play a little OLB

No argument from me. Then again outside of Colerain I don't know how many more teams the Middies will play that are as good as WW. With that being said he may not be needed now...but if we can still get to the playoffs I like your idea about having him play a little OLB

I was thinking ILB. Does Middletown play Lakota East, West, Mason and Sycamore?

I was thinking ILB. Does Middletown play Lakota East, West, Mason and Sycamore?

We play East and West but neither Mason or Sycamore, which might hurt us in the playoff chase because it looks like Mason and Sycamore are going to be the teams that will give you the Harbins if you beat them.

I know you were at the game and you have a different perspective, but from what I saw tonight it looked like someone with Jalin's athleticism could be used outside. One, I think he would even take more of a pounding outside the one he already gets from carrying the ball so much in between the tackles if he played inside. Two, it looked like you guys killed us on the edges tonight; we weren't able to stop your athletes in space on the counters, options, and sweeps. I think Jalin's athletic ability would have been utilized more out on the edges tonight as opposed to inside

We play East and West but neither Mason or Sycamore, which might hurt us in the playoff chase because it looks like Mason and Sycamore are going to be the teams that will give you the Harbins if you beat them.

I know you were at the game and you have a different perspective, but from what I saw tonight it looked like someone with Jalin's athleticism could be used outside. One, I think he would even take more of a pounding outside the one he already gets from carrying the ball so much in between the tackles if he played inside. Two, it looked like you guys killed us on the edges tonight; we weren't able to stop your athletes in space on the counters, options, and sweeps. I think Jalin's athletic ability would have been utilized more out on the edges tonight as opposed to inside

I just think if he playing on the outside teams could just run away from him. As in baseball your defensive strength needs to be up the middle. East and West could be problems for the Middies. I think those games could be close. IMO, they won't be as fast as WW but they are capable of winning the battle in the trenches against Middletown.

Marshall at qb, punter and placekicker? Is there anyone else on that Middie team? I will give Marshall props for this - when he runs he doesn't shy away from a hit. Puts his shoulder down and takes on opposing players. Just hope he doesn't get injured, because like I said in another thread, Middletown is in a world of hurt if he does.

An old mans view of all this:

first. Congratulations to the Warriors. They played inspired aggressive football.

Couldnt go down friday so was happy it got postponed to Saturday. But this loss doesnt shock me. The score shocked me however. I thought it would be a better game obviously but our offense is just predictable as heck. and losing Lance really kills us - but we have some freshman and sophomores starting and it shows at times. Losing Carr on defense has changed our whole demeanor. The defense seems tentative to come up and tackle. When you lose your MLB who is an aggressive headhunter it can change the whold def attitude. Theres no attitude on def. I dont know if we can really stop anyone with a good offense. I said at the beginning of the year you cant lose 9 defensive starters and just make that up wtih younger kids. We lost a ton of experience and its showing. You think Kyle Schwarber or Zach Edwards wouldve let Winton Woods do that to them? Nope. Wheres the blitzing? the stunts? the change of pace. They had us on our heels all night.

Marshall is doing too much and thats not on Jalin, thats on the coaching. everyone in the stadium knows what we are running and anyhwere Jalin goes there are a slew of defenders waiting. Fast defenders. He is getting pounded by two or more defenders every play. Jalin needs space. In the open field he is the best football player in Ohio. He is every defenses focus and all Winton Woods did was lock on him at all times with several people.

Either we make a change at QB and put Jalin in the backfield or else we dont beat Colerain, Lakota East or maybe Fairfield. It just seemed last night that it was Jalin with the ball and everyone else standing around watching. Again, not on Jalin, on the coaches. I have a lot of faith in the coaches but I am starting to have doubts - all this talent and we just seemed to be in a bog in the middle of the field all game. When we are spread out we can be about unstoppable. I dont get it.

But make no mistake. This game was won in the trenches. They blew our def line off the ball and our offensive line got absolutely no push. None whatsoever. They had big strong kids on the lines and it showed.until the Middies find bigger stronger lineman and quit trying to put little guys on the lines we will never fulfill all the potential and hype. Dont care what anyone says, when the middies had their best teams they had big, strong kids who did the jobs in the trenches. Speed only gets you so far on the line. Wheres the beef? When my son played the lines were huge! And they won the trenches battle almost all the time.

Last edited:
I am still trying to digest this result. I knew the Middies had some questions on defense and some injuries after week 1....but Got dayum! I don't mean to sell Winton Woods short...but Got Dayum!

With that said, I expect the Middies to bounce back. They have to...assuming a loss at Colerain a 4th loss somewhere else puts the playoffs in jeopardy.

I am still trying to digest this result. I knew the Middies had some questions on defense and some injuries after week 1....but Got dayum! I don't mean to sell Winton Woods short...but Got Dayum!

With that said, I expect the Middies to bounce back. They have to...assuming a loss at Colerain a 4th loss somewhere else puts the playoffs in jeopardy.

Riddle me this Batman...if two losses didn't get you guys in the playoffs...how in the heck does four losses put the playoffs in "jeopardy" for the middies?

Riddle me this Batman...if two losses didn't get you guys in the playoffs...how in the heck does four losses put the playoffs in "jeopardy" for the middies?

In 2011 Mason made the playoffs with a 7 - 3 record.

In 2010 Hamilton made the playoffs with a 7 - 3 record.

Seems like H&G's comment is right on. The difference between now and 2009 when Colerain went 8 - 2 and didn't make the playoffs is that the GMC has done well in winning their OOC games. This year they've gone 20 - 10 so it is likely that a GMC team with a 7 - 3 record will make the playoffs.

Wow. I cannot believe those two guys were doing the commentating for the game. They might be the two worst announcers i have ever seen.

As for the score, I did not expect that at all. Credit to Winton Woods who came out and took it to a team that most people had ruled them out of before it began

An old mans view of all this:

first. Congratulations to the Warriors. They played inspired aggressive football.

Couldnt go down friday so was happy it got postponed to Saturday. But this loss doesnt shock me. The score shocked me however. I thought it would be a better game obviously but our offense is just predictable as heck. and losing Lance really kills us - but we have some freshman and sophomores starting and it shows at times. Losing Carr on defense has changed our whole demeanor. The defense seems tentative to come up and tackle. When you lose your MLB who is an aggressive headhunter it can change the whold def attitude. Theres no attitude on def. I dont know if we can really stop anyone with a good offense. I said at the beginning of the year you cant lose 9 defensive starters and just make that up wtih younger kids. We lost a ton of experience and its showing. You think Kyle Schwarber or Zach Edwards wouldve let Winton Woods do that to them? Nope. Wheres the blitzing? the stunts? the change of pace. They had us on our heels all night.

Marshall is doing too much and thats not on Jalin, thats on the coaching. everyone in the stadium knows what we are running and anyhwere Jalin goes there are a slew of defenders waiting. Fast defenders. He is getting pounded by two or more defenders every play. Jalin needs space. In the open field he is the best football player in Ohio. He is every defenses focus and all Winton Woods did was lock on him at all times with several people.

Either we make a change at QB and put Jalin in the backfield or else we dont beat Colerain, Lakota East or maybe Fairfield. It just seemed last night that it was Jalin with the ball and everyone else standing around watching. Again, not on Jalin, on the coaches. I have a lot of faith in the coaches but I am starting to have doubts - all this talent and we just seemed to be in a bog in the middle of the field all game. When we are spread out we can be about unstoppable. I dont get it.

But make no mistake. This game was won in the trenches. They blew our def line off the ball and our offensive line got absolutely no push. None whatsoever. They had big strong kids on the lines and it showed.until the Middies find bigger stronger lineman and quit trying to put little guys on the lines we will never fulfill all the potential and hype. Dont care what anyone says, when the middies had their best teams they had big, strong kids who did the jobs in the trenches. Speed only gets you so far on the line. Wheres the beef? When my son played the lines were huge! And they won the trenches battle almost all the time.

Let's please keep things in reality. Johnson and/or Carr would not have helped lessen that beat down one bit. Maybe they might be able to help going forward but not last night.

Wait this score is legit?!?!?!

I seriously thought it was misprint in the paper.

WOW all I can say is WOW!

Great Win Winton Woods!!!

In 2011 Mason made the playoffs with a 7 - 3 record.

In 2010 Hamilton made the playoffs with a 7 - 3 record.

Seems like H&G's comment is right on. The difference between now and 2009 when Colerain went 8 - 2 and didn't make the playoffs is that the GMC has done well in winning their OOC games. This year they've gone 20 - 10 so it is likely that a GMC team with a 7 - 3 record will make the playoffs.

I agree 7-3 could get a team in from the GMC, but middies will probably lose to colerain and maybe another one. Troy said he was adding plays to this years play book but i guess the one ww was running must have been on the page stuck together. When you have to replace 9-10 startes on defense and lose quinn,edwards, fraizer, schwarber (had football scholarships ) davis, and herring who are all playing football in college and schwarber chose to play baseball but had D1 offers. That is alot of speed and experience missied. Not having those same players for a colerain team that has a quicker offense this year means trouble. Just have to hope middies can win the other games and go to 7-3. If i were Troy i would be installing that counter play ww kept running.

Game is over and congrats to a great game. Fairfield is next so they will need to be able to defend the pass. Luckily they wont be as quick as ww. What was up with the ww interception for a TD. It sure looked like jalin lost his spirit and didnt go full speed to stop him. It didnt really matter at that point, but definitely showed how ww broke the spirit of the middies. Only positive was peters.

Wow. I cannot believe those two guys were doing the commentating for the game. They might be the two worst announcers i have ever seen.

As for the score, I did not expect that at all. Credit to Winton Woods who came out and took it to a team that most people had ruled them out of before it began

Everyone involved in the taping of that game was a VOLUNTEER. The gentleman that normally does the play by play was asked to work another position on Saturday since they were short VOLUNTEERS (they had planned on the game being Friday). The two gentlemen doing the announcing normally just do the color commentating. Since they all are VOLUNTEERS, I think the outcome was pretty good. If you want to announce for the games you can VOLUNTEER by calling 513-825-2429. ;)

Congrats to WW. The Burg jv had the opprutunity to play their JV team last year, I can personally attest to the fact that they were/are the fastest team I have seen in the last 2 years. Thanks also to our ex AD for arrangeing that Saturday afternoon beat down last year.

Enjoy --- scoring plays except for one big hit and one to show how the scoring play was set up.

Wxdude thanks for the condensed version for us middie fans. It is alot less painfull to watch because it is over quicker lol. Thanks again for what you do for waycross because it sure isnt the pay that pirsuades you to do it :)

Gotta love the classless showboating and taunting by #6 after the pick 6 :Ohno:

In that kids defense its goes way beyond the surface. That young man, who by the way is another great WW safety, has a very close relative who is on the Middletown coaching staff. This kid has had to hear about last years game and this years contest probably every day since he first donned the varsity jersey last season as a sophomore. His celebration was wrong but he is just a young kid playing a game that he absolutely loves. He is a flat out great young man and comes from a very fine family. I just can't sit here and let someone call him classless.

Where were you when Marshall was running a TD against St. X and he and Johnson slap hands as Marshall was running downfield? Again just young men having fun playing the game they love. Classless is when a team is getting beatdown 51-7 and you still have your prized OSU recruit in the game, dropping back to pass, kicking extra points and onside kicks. What the Hell is the adult coach thinking? Coach Parker looked across the field at Everhart and threw his hands up gesturing "what are you doing?"

I for one am keeping the faith!-I say the Middies run the table(including a squeaker at Colerain) and make the Playoffs! I may be wrong-But i dont stop Believin in Middie Magic!:clap:

I for one am keeping the faith!-I say the Middies run the table(including a squeaker at Colerain) and make the Playoffs! I may be wrong-But i dont stop Believin in Middie Magic!:clap:

I am defintely not going to stop rooting for the middies. Ww was the better team yesterday and the game is over. I hole the middies are not thinking about colerain, WW, X, or any othe team other than fairfield. One game at a time and realize if you dont come with more effort than the other team you are asking for trouble. Ww had more talent, so the middies should beat fairfield at home. If they cannot get up for that game with jason coming back to town than we are in trouble. I am sure the young men will be focused this week Nd get back on track.

I am defintely not going to stop rooting for the middies. Ww was the better team yesterday and the game is over. I hole the middies are not thinking about colerain, WW, X, or any othe team other than fairfield. One game at a time and realize if you dont come with more effort than the other team you are asking for trouble. Ww had more talent, so the middies should beat fairfield at home. If they cannot get up for that game with jason coming back to town than we are in trouble. I am sure the young men will be focused this week Nd get back on track.

I see middletown beating fairfield easy