Wilmington Forfeits R11 D3 game to DeSales

TCSoup

According to School release Wilmington will forfeit their 2nd Round Game to Columbus DeSales due to Covid

Earlier this season, Lexington high school had a positive case on their football team (if I'm mistaken on this initial premise, maybe it was the student was exposed?). Based on the pods the student was in during football practice, the known CDC recommended latency period for a positive (not sure if he was symptomatic or asymptomatic), and some basic contact tracing based on the student's classes, they were able to proceed with their season without cancelling other games. It appeared to be handled exceedingly well. Are these other schools simply getting community spread and can't get a handle on things?

Earlier this season, Lexington high school had a positive case on their football team (if I'm mistaken on this initial premise, maybe it was the student was exposed?). Based on the pods the student was in during football practice, the known CDC recommended latency period for a positive (not sure if he was symptomatic or asymptomatic), and some basic contact tracing based on the student's classes, they were able to proceed with their season without cancelling other games. It appeared to be handled exceedingly well. Are these other schools simply getting community spread and can't get a handle on things?

No, they just hear the word "covid," run to the health department and everyone freaks out. It should take quite a catastrophe to actually shut down an entire program or school.

People are just caving. It doesn’t have to be this way.
How do you propose that a school would be able to overcome a verdict from the health department requiring the team to quarantine? How do people NOT “cave” as you say— the health department/health commissioner has the power of law enforcement behind it— how does a school contest that, in your mind?

How do you propose that a school would be able to overcome a verdict from the health department requiring the team to quarantine? How do people NOT “cave” as you say— the health department/health commissioner has the power of law enforcement behind it— how does a school contest that, in your mind?

Health departments tried to shut football down before it even got started, remember that? Then Some schools wised up, consulted their legal teams, pushed back and played. Health departments are going against some of the own standards they set in place with continuous contact, etc. I’ve said it over and over on here - no major illnesses, no hospitalizations and no deaths in Ohio HS football this year. We had a team cancel a game tonight and then say football related activities will resume Monday. What the heck???

Health departments tried to shut football down before it even got started, remember that? Then Some schools wised up, consulted their legal teams, pushed back and played. Health departments are going against some of the own standards they set in place with continuous contact, etc. I’ve said it over and over on here - no major illnesses, no hospitalizations and no deaths in Ohio HS football this year. We had a team cancel a game tonight and then say football related activities will resume Monday. What the heck???
No, I don’t remember that— which schools were those?

DeWine gave the OK...unfortunately there's no way to really socially distance when they're on the same team. So that's why when one guy tests positive the tracing leads to much of the team quarantining. No school would go against a Health Board Order to play a game. Period

Political people are Out of control. I know we have to be safe, but theses administrators have been WAY too political in a lot of ways for too long. Play on or cancel everything. This is Not a local, state? National vote.

CatFoodFlambe said:
"Wised up"?
Ever seen someone on a ventilator?
Yea.
He was 78 y/o and had COPD.

WYWH: <-- eats apples when he wants oranges or maybe thinks COPD is contagious?.

Same advice I'd give anyone that seems to think these precautions were unnecessary. Find as many covid carriers as you can, give them a big hug and kiss. They'll appreciate the emotional support and the clear lack of fear sense. You'll go round to all your brave message board buddies show how you proved your point. Please give them a hug and kiss too.

There's still one of those inconsiderate morons running around these boards who responded "I ain't got no def wish, sniffle."

No seriously, go get it. While you're at it, maybe you can catch COPD too, lmao. Make sure your kids get it. And of course if someone presumes they can trace their case to your irresponsibility, you'd no concerns that they treat you the same way you'd treat someone that put you or yours into unnecessary hi-risk danger and lost.

The brave adults are willing to tell kids "no" when they want to do stupid stuff whose penalties in the end game will not be worth the momentary pleasure.

I know some people with other health issues also.
Smoked their entire life, and then wonder why they have health issues. (this is a leading contributor to “catching COPD”, not contagious as you think). You usually don’t catch it unless you’re into something bad for a while.
450 lb people that can’t breath, and then wonder why??
Yes, covid is real (there, I said it). Did you get a warm feeling inside, or maybe you have a fever!!! Better go get tested before you explode!!!
RUN AND HIDE!!!

I know some people with other health issues also.
Smoked their entire life, and then wonder why they have health issues. (this is a leading contributor to “catching COPD”, not contagious as you think). You usually don’t catch it unless you’re into something bad for a while.
450 lb people that can’t breath, and then wonder why??
Yes, covid is real (there, I said it). Did you get a warm feeling inside, or maybe you have a fever!!! Better go get tested before you explode!!!
RUN AND HIDE!!!
lol thank you for minimizing a public health crisis

Which one???
covid, fear, one-sided news reports, politics, or stupidity?? Or all of the above.
How about ... be smart and stay safe.