Will there be a season?

This virus is a sign from God to the OHSAA that football needs to wait until August EVERY year from 2020 forward in Ohio. No more "coachable days" fouling up June or July. No spring football.

Stay in your lane, football coaches. Sack up and don't be bullied by these football programs, OHSAA.

Wouldn't this be more of a sign from God that condemns baseball if you're following that logic?

If anyone thinks we're playing spring sports, or summer for that matter......

"I wish I could give you hope about your summer, but the truth is if the curve peaks in May - it will be a slow process to get to the end of the curve." --- Governor Mike DeWine via Twitter

If anyone thinks we're playing spring sports, or summer for that matter......

"I wish I could give you hope about your summer, but the truth is if the curve peaks in May - it will be a slow process to get to the end of the curve." --- Governor Mike DeWine via Twitter
Interesting that DeWine and Cuomo are pushing things back further than any of the projections have shown so far. Worst case scenario on this site has the peak on April 21st in Ohio: https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections

Cuomo has been saying 14-21 days until the peak in New York for over a week now. Just today, he said the peak will be in late April. Just odd to put a timeline on something and then keep pushing it back. The site above puts New York at peak on April 10th (which falls in line with his initial timeline).

We'll just have to wait and see how things work out because the projections are all over the place the the politicians are at the extremes on both ends.

Interesting that DeWine and Cuomo are pushing things back further than any of the projections have shown so far. Worst case scenario on this site has the peak on April 21st in Ohio: https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections

Cuomo has been saying 14-21 days until the peak in New York for over a week now. Just today, he said the peak will be in late April. Just odd to put a timeline on something and then keep pushing it back. The site above puts New York at peak on April 10th (which falls in line with his initial timeline).

We'll just have to wait and see how things work out because the projections are all over the place the the politicians are at the extremes on both ends.

Remember, he told MSNBC that "we'll be lucky if we are playing by July" (referring to MLB)

This virus is a sign from God to the OHSAA that football needs to wait until August EVERY year from 2020 forward in Ohio. No more "coachable days" fouling up June or July. No spring football.

Stay in your lane, football coaches. Sack up and don't be bullied by these football programs, OHSAA.
Wouldn't it be shocking if God didn't care about Ohio high school sports??? :rolleyes:

The peak just means the number of new confirmed cases per day finally begins to go down. That means we are still getting new cases, just not as many each day (current estimate is 10,000 new cases per day at peak). And in order to get this thing wiped out, we probably need to remain at home until well into the back end of the curve. Unfortunately.

You understand that after the peak it isn't over right? That's just the worst of it, the top of the hill. We still have to ride out the entirety of this roller coaster

The peak just means the number of new confirmed cases per day finally begins to go down. That means we are still getting new cases, just not as many each day (current estimate is 10,000 new cases per day at peak). And in order to get this thing wiped out, we probably need to remain at home until well into the back end of the curve. Unfortunately.
MLB is a different animal because it has to take into account other areas of the country. But if we are in a stay at home situation through May, we will have a depression that this country has not seen since the 1800's. Money will be worthless and jobs will be nonexistent.

You understand that after the peak it isn't over right? That's just the worst of it, the top of the hill. We still have to ride out the entirety of this roller coaster
Absolutely.

But you can't go down until you've reached the top. That is why finding the peak is important. Also, most of the projections show a longer, flatter slope on the backside. When you are looking at all this data, some of us are trying to figure out when stuff can return to normal. That is why it gets frustrating listening to the talking heads spouting off future dates when their own graphs say otherwise. Plus, when they contradict themselves day-to-day, it makes it tough to trust anything they say. I like Amy Acton but her "100,000 already have it" was a big misstep.

I think there is an optimistic versus pessimistic viewpoint here too. I believe that we are seeing massive strides everyday in the treatment of this disease. We have a ton of new data and several trials that have shown promise already. Given another month, the average outcome of those who get sick might improve dramatically. When that happens, we will get back to near normal.

MLB is a different animal because it has to take into account other areas of the country. But if we are in a stay at home situation through May, we will have a depression that this country has not seen since the 1800's. Money will be worthless and jobs will be nonexistent.
The other part that is different about MLB, the NBA, and any other major sports enterprise is they need conditions to be safe enough to accommodate tens of thousands of spectators in all of their markets. They're there to maximize profit. They want to be able to guarantee people's safety because of what it means to their bottom line either in terms of ticket, concession, and merchandise sales but also in terms of avoiding massive lawsuits from fans, gameday workers, or even players for being placed in an unsafe environment.

Last edited:
I think there is an optimistic versus pessimistic viewpoint here too. I believe that we are seeing massive strides everyday in the treatment of this disease. We have a ton of new data and several trials that have shown promise already. Given another month, the average outcome of those who get sick might improve dramatically. When that happens, we will get back to near normal.
That is our hope, that something drastic comes in that can help treat the infection, and instead of a curve, we see a cliff that we eventually drop off and can go back to normal more quickly than expected.

This is Ohio State University's projections. They are saying a peak in about two weeks. This one also says things will get much worse but the timeline appears much shorter than what DeWine believes.

Personally, I trust Ohio State's projection more than I trust DeWine's.

View attachment 6494
Can we all agree that we need to stop looking at projections coming from any source? This comment is from almost two months ago.

You can find similar posts from me in the past but the current data is showing these projections are wrong. I was wrong.

Projections can quickly change but the data’s showing this virus is on the decline in Ohio. In New York, no. But I can see a quick spike coming soon in the late summer months in Ohio and fall. There is no way telling until it actually happens.