Will Bishop Sycamore return in 2023?

Which will guarantee that none of the HBO money will be paid directly to Johnson. To avoid it getting garnished by FMB, I'm guessing any money will be paid to some corporation owned by a family member or some other strawman like that.
HBO already paid Johnson, and Johnson already spent the money, according to court documents. Any future payments will go to the bank instead, but there are no guarantees of those.

Which will guarantee that none of the HBO money will be paid directly to Johnson. To avoid it getting garnished by FMB, I'm guessing any money will be paid to some corporation owned by a family member or some other strawman like that.

If its a true documentary then the subjects of the the doc should not get paid. If a subject is paid then it loses all journalistic integrity and is really just a show with paid actors. . Typically the only people that appear in a doc that get paid are professionals such as a psychiatrist or lawyers for their opinion and usually billed by their normal hourly rate.

HBO already paid Johnson, and Johnson already spent the money, according to court documents. Any future payments will go to the bank instead, but there are no guarantees of those.

Which is dumb by HBO or SWAC whomever. you shouldn't have to pay for any public figures story when doing a doc. You don't even really own the rights to your story as a public figure. Anyone can do a story or doc on you and not have to pay you anything. I am sure the guy earlier who said his book "Friday Night Lies" which comes out later didn't pay anyone for that story. He could have easily made a doc instead. I am guessing they just paid him to not talk to anyone but them or something to that effect

Which is dumb by HBO or SWAC whomever. you shouldn't have to pay for any public figures story when doing a doc. You don't even really own the rights to your story as a public figure. Anyone can do a story or doc on you and not have to pay you anything. I am sure the guy earlier who said his book "Friday Night Lies" which comes out later didn't pay anyone for that story. He could have easily made a doc instead. I am guessing they just paid him to not talk to anyone but them or something to that effect
That’s me! And correct I didn’t pay anybody. Technically, they didn’t pay Roy for the doc. They paid him for the rights to make a narrative film about his life. The documentary is technically a side project and not part of that deal.

still, obviously, they paid him for that just so he’d be in the doc without saying they paid for him to be in the doc.

Fired? I heard retired.
Well then he should have been along with every other AD and coach that enabled this sham to go on for four years. How could professional educators put their students into a physical contest with risk of injury against men who would have been freshman and sophomores in college? That is the other side of this story that the media has yet to cover.

Last edited:
The documentary isn’t gonna go as well for them as they think, and that will be fun to watch.
HBO Max has cancelled a lot of programming since this documentary was announced, even some that were already finished.

Last edited:
HBO Max has cancelled a lot of programming since this documentary was announced, even some that were already finished.
Won’t happen to this one. It’s been submitted to the SXSW film festival and they have award-level hopes for it.

The SXSW lineup is out. No BS High on it. Bummer.

They decided to go with this as their sports entry instead LOL

The Herricanes
Director: Olivia Kuan, Producers: James Lee Hernandez, Brian Lazarte, Lisa France, James Short, Olivia Kuan, Justin Baldoni, Andrew Calof
The Houston Herricanes were a women's full-tackle football team from the 1970's whose fight to play the game continues to resonate with female athletes today. (World Premiere)

Seriously HBO is going to axe this thing. A story about some AA conman and some kids getting hustled isn't going to fit their agenda..It's missing two key components racism and a positive outcome. They can't tell the story they thought they would be able to (or wanted to) because the facts were against it. We will have to wait for the "Friday Night Lies" book..lol

Last edited:
They decided to go with this as their sports entry instead LOL

The Herricanes
Director: Olivia Kuan, Producers: James Lee Hernandez, Brian Lazarte, Lisa France, James Short, Olivia Kuan, Justin Baldoni, Andrew Calof
The Houston Herricanes were a women's full-tackle football team from the 1970's whose fight to play the game continues to resonate with female athletes today. (World Premiere)

Seriously HBO is going to axe this thing. A story about some AA conman and some kids getting hustled isn't going to fit their agenda..It's missing two key components racism and a positive outcome. They can't tell the story they thought they would be able to (or wanted to) because the facts were against it. We will have to wait for the "Friday Night Lies" book..lol
It’s possible it gets shelved I suppose, but I’d be pretty surprised. They initially scheduled the doc for 90 minutes and after getting the first cut, increased the runtime because they liked the story so much. I’d imagine it still gets a streaming premier on HBO Max.

Forget HBO, was there a single local newspaper or TV investigative report about this scam from 2018 to the present? If not, why not?

Last edited:
Forget HBO, was there a single local newspaper or TV investigative report about this scam from 2018 to the present? If not, why not?
Yes and no. Nothing in depth. And likely for the same reason as so many other stories don’t get covered. Not juicy enough.

Sorry it's behind a paywall but the headline says it all. Coach says they're scheduled to play Bishop Sycamore on Nov. 9 at Virginia State.

Life Christian Academy coach: We're going to play Bishop Sycamore
"Bishop Sycamore, they're in a rebuilding process, and they basically have worked with a very reputable company that matches high school football games up," said Fitzgerald, LCA's first-year coach, adding that the Eagles play all their home games at VSU."

Of course Jersey Flyer set this up.

"Bishop Sycamore, they're in a rebuilding process, and they basically have worked with a very reputable company that matches high school football games up," said Fitzgerald, LCA's first-year coach, adding that the Eagles play all their home games at VSU."

Of course Jersey Flyer set this up.
And wrote that press release.

Life Christian Academy is 1-7 Virginia Independent Schools Athletic Association member school, but doesn't qualify for the VISAA postseason because it does not schedule enough games (at least half) against in-state competition.

According to the Times-Dispatch, "local coaches and ADs have in the past been resistant to scheduling LCA because they're skeptical as to the program's academic and eligibility standards," citing its history of acquiring transfer students locally and out-of-state.

Birds of a feather.......... it would be great if BS never showed up.