Will Baker Mayfield be the starting QB for Carolina in 2023?

Well it all depends on how much PT he gets this year. I could see him (for NFL $$$$ and media coverage) actually starting/or getting PT the first game since it's against the Browns. ROTFLMAO! I'm not a Browns fan, but I do root for them when they are not playing the Bengals.

When healthy, Baker is way better than Darnold. But then again, so are most Yappi posters.

Not sure Baker is recovered from that surgery yet.

If he's healthy, there is no way on earth that he doesn't start against the Browns. or Carolina will find out how petulant he can be when he doesn't get his way.

My question is if he will be the starter for Carolina next season … in other words will, he play and play good enough this tear for them to bring him back for the next season?

My question is if he will be the starter for Carolina next season … in other words will, he play and play good enough this tear for them to bring him back for the next season?
I think if he plays well they fall so far down in the draft order that no top college QB will be available which in turn makes him their best option (of they can get him at a reasonable price). Some of it also depends on the development of Matt Corral.

Can Christian McCaffery stay healthy, I believe that is the biggest factor in Baker’s success/failures this season with Carolina. The AFC South is subpar: Atlanta & New Orleans are 4 winnable games and Tampa Bay is the obvious favorite but only if their 40 something year old qb stays healthy.

I think if he plays well they fall so far down in the draft order that no top college QB will be available which in turn makes him their best option (of they can get him at a reasonable price). Some of it also depends on the development of Matt Corral.
My bet is he plays well enough to win 8 maybe 9 games … thus putting them in 10 to 15 range … not unreasonable to move up a little to get one of better QBs in the draft … but I think they will resign Baker for a shorter reasonable contract … and he ends up their QB for the next 10 years.

My bet is he plays well enough to win 8 maybe 9 games … thus putting them in 10 to 15 range … not unreasonable to move up a little to get one of better QBs in the draft … but I think they will resign Baker for a shorter reasonable contract … and he ends up their QB for the next 10 years.
I've always thought Baker was an average NFL QB and an average QB can last a while in the NFL. He's never going to put a team on his back and lead it to a championship but he can win games with a decent surrounding cast. I think 10 years may be a little ambitious but I agree he can become the guy for a while in Carolina.