Whose up for the Lakeview Head FB

midnite rider

Just wondering, if anyone knows anything about it? The kids have to wondering especially since someone has to supervise the wt. Program

Pav is staying as a teacher. Only coaching at Poland. There will need to be an opening if someone wants to teach and coach at Lakeview. An area coach “might “get a similar deal - stay at his school, coach at Lakeview. And possible an assistant moves up.

Not sure Armeni would chose Lakeview over LaBrae any day of the week. Seems like a better overall program, and schedule is a bit easier. Don’t think that makes sense.
Agree with this totally. Also LaBrae gets some good athletic kids, especially being a D6 school.

I just hope Lakeview would do interviews and not just hand Chet Allen the keys since he’s already there . Unless that was the plan all along . Maybe he is the man for the job . We’ll see . Also I’d like to add that talent is there . Kids either aren’t playing , playing other sports , or they leave for other schools . It’s going to take a motivated coach to turn the program around .

I just hope Lakeview would do interviews and not just hand Chet Allen the keys since he’s already there . Unless that was the plan all along . Maybe he is the man for the job . We’ll see . Also I’d like to add that talent is there . Kids either aren’t playing , playing other sports , or they leave for other schools . It’s going to take a motivated coach to turn the program around .

This is true. Not close to program now, but have been over the years. There has been a lot of talent, much of it skilled, over the years. Lots of D-II athletes.The Dogs have lost players to JFK, Harding, Mooney, etc. One played with the grandson before going to Mooney and now at Purdue. Lots of athletes doing other sports. But the killer has been the last few years where athletes didn’t come out, played other sports or transferred out. If a coach can turn it around, they will be competitive again. But it’s going to take work. There are a few younger classes loaded with players, so there is some potential on the way up.

Will they post who applied? I know Armeni has applied for a few jobs recently so it wouldn't surprise me if he's interested in Lakeview.

His name appears quite frequently in these job postings. Does he want out of Labrae that much? As others have mentioned, they have had some nice athletes over the years especially for D6. Why not stay for years and become a Cusick, Yeagley, Williams, etc.

His name appears quite frequently in these job postings. Does he want out of Labrae that much? As others have mentioned, they have had some nice athletes over the years especially for D6. Why not stay for years and become a Cusick, Yeagley, Williams, etc.
You would think he wants out bad enough to keep applying.

Always thought this was a good job. It seems like that some politics have eroded the program. Scrimmaged them a few years ago and I was shocked at the lack of skill.

Will they post who applied? I know Armeni has applied for a few jobs recently so it wouldn't surprise me if he's interested in Lakeview.
Obviously know he coaches in the valley but I have only heard his name in the news for the Fitch job...has he been linked to others or is it just speculation?

Usually schools don’t put out a list, see it every once in a while. Would think the usual suspects and maybe some up in coming assistants.

I was just curious because less than 24 hours after Pavlansky left there was a rumor they hired Chet Allen who came on as an assistant when the season ended. Meaning they didn’t interview anyone . Nothing against him , I’ve read good things and bad but I was hoping they’d do their due diligence and open the job up to everyone , we’ll not everyone .lol

I was just curious because less than 24 hours after Pavlansky left there was a rumor they hired Chet Allen who came on as an assistant when the season ended. Meaning they didn’t interview anyone . Nothing against him , I’ve read good things and bad but I was hoping they’d do their due diligence and open the job up to everyone , we’ll not everyone .lol
Maybe Chet kisses well enough for the board. Idk. Maybe!

There isn’t talent there. Going to be tough for any coach unless they get out of the NE8 and go back with The old small schools of the Tac8. Take it how you want to but it’s a fact.

I've only seen his name publicly linked to Fitch. As for these threads, everybody has their opinions, and his name is usually brought up because of his success at Labrae.
I would think that because of their 7-21 record over the last 3 seasons, that an "up & comer" is best for this job at the moment. Who the Hell knows though, but IMO Chet would not be a good hire...............

I beg to differ with DCOACH47 about Chet Allen. He has a wealth of knowledge and has learned from some good coaches.
His enthusiasm for the game would stop the flow of good athletes from leaving Lakeview and probably would actually attract
some good athletes who want to play early instead of riding the bench for 2-3 years waiting for an opportunity at a larger school.
Some of those kids could contribute right away on the field and be really happy to get the opportunity to show what they had.
Plus the kids at Lakeview now who buy into the program would talk to their friends and get some to return to their parent school.
Chet was in a situation where he had a lot of people who had no idea what a football even look like, trying to impose their will on
his program. From everyone I've talked to Coach Allen left Liberty for good reasons. At Lakeview he could rebirth the program with himself
and some talented assistants he would attract. Together they could teach these kids what the game is all about, a passion for winning!
He would be an ideal pick to get LHS back to being a respected program with the Playoffs as a goal to start.
Of course this is just my humble opinion.

I beg to differ with DCOACH47 about Chet Allen. He has a wealth of knowledge and has learned from some good coaches.
His enthusiasm for the game would stop the flow of good athletes from leaving Lakeview and probably would actually attract
some good athletes who want to play early instead of riding the bench for 2-3 years waiting for an opportunity at a larger school.
Some of those kids could contribute right away on the field and be really happy to get the opportunity to show what they had.
Plus the kids at Lakeview now who buy into the program would talk to their friends and get some to return to their parent school.
Chet was in a situation where he had a lot of people who had no idea what a football even look like, trying to impose their will on
his program. From everyone I've talked to Coach Allen left Liberty for good reasons. At Lakeview he could rebirth the program with himself
and some talented assistants he would attract. Together they could teach these kids what the game is all about, a passion for winning!
He would be an ideal pick to get LHS back to being a respected program with the Playoffs as a goal to start.
Chet, that you?

Whoever takes the job should be ready for some major lumps this season, looking at their schedule one could easily see the Dawgs at 1-9. The only game I can see them being favored in is week 3 vs Liberty, and the first two weeks will probably be big losses vs Labrae and Garrettsville. Jefferson will be vastly improved and don’t see Lakeview winning a conference game.

I understand what you're saying. However, Chet signed up for that job knowing about all of the issues at Liberty. He was constantly kicking kids out of practice, canceling practices, and even walking out himself. I feel that he is not a very good disciplinarian if that is going on. Again, I get it that it's Liberty, but he knew what he was getting into.
Regardless, best of luck to whoever gets it

HIRE CHET NOW!!

It's Allen's job after all the bureaucratic B.S. Everything else that could go on, is Standard B.S.
Hiring a guy who was ran out of his last job is hardly a way of turning around your fortune. You can say he “resigned” but there is much more to the story. I’m sure people can make an argument that he is a good coach and knows football, but i would have my concerns, especially if you watched liberty play in the last few years. If lakeview is content with being 2-8 then it doesn’t matter...if they truly want to turn around their fortune they should take a chance. Unfortunately for them, I don’t know if any successful, established coaches would touch this job with a 20 ft pole, but I could be wrong.