Who's sending their kids to class?

Why aren’t teachers Essential employees? If it’s not the most important job it’s top 5.

They are and they never stopped working last year and won't stop working this year. Did you think when they closed schools they stopped teaching? Do you think that if they don't "reopen" there won't be a school year?

They are and they never stopped working last year and won't stop working this year. Did you think when they closed schools they stopped teaching? Do you think that if they don't "reopen" there won't be a school year?
My wife’s a teacher I know the drill. They need to be in the classroom.

Their population is like 83 million and ours is 330 million. So makes sense we have more new cases as a raw number.

So let's round up and say their population is 4x smaller than ours, adjust their positive tests from 4,000 to 16,000. We still have over 3x as many positive tests than they do when population is adjusted. That ain't good

Why wouldn't someone send their kids to school?
The only logical reason is if you or your child/children have a weakened immune system. Otherwise, you’re being totally illogical based on the data. Young kids are 20x more likely to die of the regular flu.

So let's round up and say their population is 4x smaller than ours, adjust their positive tests from 4,000 to 16,000. We still have over 3x as many positive tests than they do when population is adjusted. That ain't good
Are they testing as near as much as we are now?

Mike McConnell talked about this yesterday. In Sweeden, they did not shut down. All students 16 and younger never stopped going to school, they had no major changes in their covid rates and deaths. So much so that two of their neighbors, Denmark and Norway both sent everyone back to school. Is there a reason why we don't look around the world and see how others do it? Or is this specifically a teachers union issue? Maybe they don't have teachers unions in Sweeden?

Everything’s political. Teachers unions in some areas are part of the problem. LA comes first to mind.

The only logical reason is if you or your child/children have a weakened immune system. Otherwise, you’re being totally illogical based on the data. Young kids are 20x more likely to die of the regular flu.
Two area parents said they were not sending their kids back to school. (TV) As they both looked like they weighed three bills, I understood.

Not that there is anything wrong with being severely obese. /s

Busted.

Ah could neva think as fa-ast as yoo-u! (Think ET). :)

You win this purty thang:

1594947828290.png

Now, both you and EIB have a shelf to "set on". Enjoy...

They're testing at a little less than 1/2 the rate we are per 1000 people. Their confirmed case to test ratio is 1:203 ours is 1:11
They were having a much higher rate back in April though. I wonder if a country with roughly a quarter of our population but a land mass of about New Mexico would cause the virus to burn through at a faster rate? We have a large country and some of these surges are in areas that weren't as hard hit earlier on. I also don't think the lockdowns worked to our advantage there either.