Who wins the GMC

who wins the GMC

• Total voters

Mason by far has the most talent. Fairfield has arms to keep pace. East will be good per usual. After that, the next middle three (in no particular order) will be; Hamilton, West, Oak Hills, and followed by the last four (in no particular order); Colerain, Middletown, Sycamore, and Princeton.

1) Mason
2) Fairfield
3) East
4) West
5) Oak Hills
6) Hamilton
7) Sycamore
8) Colerain
9) Princeton
10) Middletown

crazy no one is talking about Lakota East upsetting Mason last night!

East had Freshmen Noah Milburn toe the rubber! 5IP , 5 hits, 1 run , 7k's pretty big win for that kid!
It was a good game by East and a good win for Milburn. Mason got in a hole early in the first inning and couldn't recover. They tried, but similar to Moeller game, Mason left too many on the bases and couldn't convert them into runs.

It was a good game by East and a good win for Milburn. Mason got in a hole early in the first inning and couldn't recover. They tried, but similar to Moeller game, Mason left too many on the bases and couldn't convert them into runs.
I would think they would have worked on moving runners, bunting, etc. since the Moeller defeat. And maybe they did and the coach didn't call for it and utilize a hit & run. According to the box score, Mason had one sacrifice fly. No sac hits/bunts

I would think they would have worked on moving runners, bunting, etc. since the Moeller defeat. And maybe they did and the coach didn't call for it and utilize a hit & run. According to the box score, Mason had one sacrifice fly. No sac hits/bunts
I think there was some missed executions/opportunities for sure. A few good bunts were laid down to get on base, but when you're down 7-1 or 8-1, playing the short game won't help. They were looking for doubles and the long ball more than the bunts and singles. But that's my opinion.

I think there was some missed executions/opportunities for sure. A few good bunts were laid down to get on base, but when you're down 7-1 or 8-1, playing the short game won't help. They were looking for doubles and the long ball more than the bunts and singles. But that's my opinion.
Milburn is going to be really good. Who did Mason throw?

Visconti started the game for Mason, with Schmulewitz coming in to close out the first and went the rest of the way. Mason's bats didn't really start showing up until the 5th/6th inning - mostly because Millburn was pitching very well. Mason took advantage of his high pitch count, and then whoever East brought in to pitch after he left the game. Mason was too far in the hole to dig out in the 6th/7th innings.

With Monday's win over Princeton, Mason has secured it's 6th straight GMC Title. First time a school/team has done so in the 57 year history of baseball in the GMC. So that's something.

With Monday's win over Princeton, Mason has secured it's 6th straight GMC Title. First time a school/team has done so in the 57 year history of baseball in the GMC. So that's something.
Kudos to Mason, that is a big accomplishment!

If they could bunt, they would have beaten Moeller (#1 in the state, #5 nationally)

If they could bunt, they would have beaten Moeller (#1 in the state, #5 nationally)
If they could've done anything, they could've beat Moeller that night. Can't leave multiple guys on base every inning for 6 innings and not score at least one run. They had multiple chances and failed, many with 2 or more on base and only 1 out. Rough night for Mason, but great win for Moeller.

If they could've done anything, they could've beat Moeller that night. Can't leave multiple guys on base every inning for 6 innings and not score at least one run. They had multiple chances and failed, many with 2 or more on base and only 1 out. Rough night for Mason, but great win for Moeller.
Agreed 100%. I said in the Mason vs. Moeller thread that it was a great night of baseball and a night that those kids will never forget.

Coulda, shoulda woulda. If the queen had balls she would be king. Moeller is the better team for now. Anything can happen going forward. Mason is a very good program and has been for quite some time. Moe is just on another level right now. GBM 💪 ⚾

Coulda, shoulda woulda. If the queen had balls she would be king. Moeller is the better team for now. Anything can happen going forward. Mason is a very good program and has been for quite some time. Moe is just on another level right now. GBM 💪 ⚾
You are absolutely right! The point being though, if Mason would have bunted, they would have most likely won. Again, it wasn't a guarantee.

I am not taking anything away from Moeller's win. They deserved it. Anytime you let a team like Moeller stick around, they are going to win games like that.

Out of curiosity, are there any Moeller players who live in the Mason district?

You are absolutely right! The point being though, if Mason would have bunted, they would have most likely won. Again, it wasn't a guarantee.

I am not taking anything away from Moeller's win. They deserved it. Anytime you let a team like Moeller stick around, they are going to win games like that.

Out of curiosity, are there any Moeller players who live in the Mason district?
Mason and Moeller are comparable this year. Moeller is not on another level this year. Maybe last year but not this year. I don't know of any Moeller boys from Mason this year. But last year there was three to five that would have gone to West.