• Tri-Valley

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cinc Wyoming

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • Hamilton Badin

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Maysville will have their hands full, but if they hit shots, they may hang around. Tall task, but you only have to beat them once. Good luck 🍀

Congratulations to Maysville. It was a heckuva game with Shelby. Either team would be a worthy winner. So much energy for this win, hope they have some left in the tank versus Alter.

Did any of you commenting actually watch the game? Alter plays a passive 1-2-2 full court press and a 2-3 zone. Neither of those defenses are prone to fouling. Maysville rarely, if ever, threw the ball into the paint. They took 38 three point shots. Many of them from beyond the college line. Maysville plays an extremely aggressive defense with a lot of trapping and reaching. And for the record, I don't remember hearing the announcer say anything close to that. He said something to the effect that you are not going to get many fouls called on you if the opponent never drives to the basket.

Yes. Alter is just so disciplined. They are so good they probably set a record for the least number of fouls ever in a state championship game. Awesome job!! Terrible game plan by Maysville.

Did any of you commenting actually watch the game? Alter plays a passive 1-2-2 full court press and a 2-3 zone. Neither of those defenses are prone to fouling. Maysville rarely, if ever, threw the ball into the paint. They took 38 three point shots. Many of them from beyond the college line. Maysville plays an extremely aggressive defense with a lot of trapping and reaching. And for the record, I don't remember hearing the announcer say anything close to that. He said something to the effect that you are not going to get many fouls called on you if the opponent never drives to the basket.
Maysville fans were not happy about the foul count but they didn't drive much all night. Everything said here ^ is very accurate. Maysville hit a lot a of 3s and almost all of their shots were from deep. They had a couple of nice sets that got a layup against the 2-3 zone but they couldn't penetrate inside. Plus, they had some pretty violent smacks and body fouls while Alter was driving. Did the refs miss a couple? Probably, but Maysville wasn't fouled once going to the rim; Uhl and Conner had some big time blocks and that definitely limited their game plan to drive or attack.

Maysville played hard and competed but they got torched at times by Alter's selfless sharing of the basketball, set plays, and BLOB action. Alter mixing in the 1-3-1 caused problems as well. Congrats to Coach Coulter and the Knights on the win!

Free throw stats seem fishy to me…..I don’t care how many threes were sent up.
I was there. Maysville didn't even attempt to drive to basket. Just fired up 3s.. Could'nt beleive it after watching their awesome semi final win. Maysville great team well coached great fan support. Alter had a better day. Congrats Knights well done!!

I was there. Maysville didn't even attempt to drive to basket. Just fired up 3s.. Could'nt beleive it after watching their awesome semi final win. Maysville great team well coached great fan support. Alter had a better day. Congrats Knights well done!!
No Maysville fans on here to squawk... Saw on another thread that the Karens of Maysville needed to be shut up... saying Alter flicked them off when they pointed to their ring finger after clinching the title which yes, everybody does that from junior high champs, to HS, to NCAA, to the NFL and NBA. etc.

Heard/Saw that Alter's Facebook page (seen with my own eyes) and principal getting threats from Maysville sore losers... again, not every person from Maysville is like that; but unfortunately, the handful of whiners and Karens' send a reputation throughout the whole community. Maysville had a couple of fans (sitting right in the middle of the Alter fan base) removed by security for being out of control and belligerent towards the fans and cheerleaders.