• Toledo Central Catholic

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • St. Mary's Memorial

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Huron

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Alter and Woodward was interesting. Knights earned the win. Contained McMillan. Intimidated every Woodward player in the paint.

Having watched both games, I think the key to this one will be which team recovers better when their press is broken. Both are very good at pressing and recovering. Woodward is long and I think very well coached. Alter will need better shooting than they had last night and are certainly capable of shooting better than they did. I think I like Woodward in this one, but that could be more hope than think. I said long ago I did not think Alter was a state champion caliber team and I would like to be correct. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Btw, Chew is fine. Hope loses. Alter earns the win.

St Mary’s never led Gilmour. I believe Gilmour beat them by almost 30 points. It pays to schedule tough D1 opponents if you can. It is difficult to play against athletic players if you haven’t seen it all year.my mistake they did led by 2

Last edited:
St Mary’s never led Gilmour. I believe Gilmour beat them by almost 30 points. It pays to schedule tough D1 opponents if you can. It is difficult to play against athletic players if you haven’t seen it all year.
I watched Gilmour today and many times this season.
This post is spot on.
Don’t count out the Lancers in Dayton.

Btw, Chew is fine. Hope loses. Alter earns the win.
But both players ( Other than Conner, Ruffolo) and a great percentage of their fans, including those as young as 8 or 9 years old continue to whine more than Earnest and Julio Gallo. I swear, they never think they or their team has committed a foul or made a turnover without being fouled, nor lost the ball out of bounds without the other team touching it last. They get virtually every call their way and every non call their way and they still whine on every one that goes against them. I am a neutral observer and do not care if they win or lose, but I hate sitting on their side of the gym. It is just childish and sad. And again to repeat, they deserved this win and every win this season. They play hard, executed their defense, Chew was a positive and Woodward chose not to challenge them inside despite Connor picking up his first foul in 30 seconds. But the moaning and groaning is just sickening.

But both players ( Other than Conner, Ruffolo) and a great percentage of their fans, including those as young as 8 or 9 years old continue to whine more than Earnest and Julio Gallo. I swear, they never think they or their team has committed a foul or made a turnover without being fouled, nor lost the ball out of bounds without the other team touching it last. They get virtually every call their way and every non call their way and they still whine on every one that goes against them. I am a neutral observer and do not care if they win or lose, but I hate sitting on their side of the gym. It is just childish and sad. And again to repeat, they deserved this win and every win this season. They play hard, executed their defense, Chew was a positive and Woodward chose not to challenge them inside despite Connor picking up his first foul in 30 seconds. But the moaning and groaning is just sickening.
Bad take. Just say best team won. Tired of all the Alter bashing and I am a McNick fan, in other words, quit the sad sack stuff. Now after my soap box stance, Alter is a big underdog against SVSM.

Looking forward to making the trip to dayton to see Waverly in a spot they haven’t been in in a very long time
Like you, I am entitled to my opinion. It is not sad sack at all as I do not care if they win or lose. I have called them as I've seen them for a long time from the perspective as a fan of no team but of the sport. This was my 80th game in person this season. Nothing different in this. They whine constantly. It is putrid.

Last edited:
Like you, I am entitled to my opinion. It is not sad sack at all as I do not care if they win or lose. I have called them as I've seen them for a long time from the perspective as a fan of no team but of the sport. This was my 80th game in person this season. Nothing different in this. They whine constantly. It is putrid.
Sure thing, whatever you see is whatever you see. I’m just glad to support our small community. And will gladly support them in Dayton no matter what happens

Like you, I am entitled to my opinion. It is not sad sack at all as I do not care if they win or lose. I have called them as I've seen them for a long time from the perspective as a fan of no team but of the sport. This was my 80th game in person this season. Nothing different in this. They whine constantly. It is

I also attend games at many schools with no rooting interest and find it difficult to block out the refereeing complaints - especially when sitting on the losing side. Often they show their ignorance of the rules when doing so. It seems more & more fans feel entitled to ride the officials as the years go by.

Petro taught them well.

The game is on Friday. The state championship games are on Sunday.

Thank you for the correction. I didn’t realize that. For my future reference:

FFDDE543-0054-464D-9402-44E2696111E5.jpeg

D-2 was over before the season started. St. V will have to play bad for someone else to have a chance.
Alter is good and playing very well right now. The way they handled a talented Woodward team was impressive. The Irish better be ready!

Having watched both games, I think the key to this one will be which team recovers better when their press is broken. Both are very good at pressing and recovering. Woodward is long and I think very well coached. Alter will need better shooting than they had last night and are certainly capable of shooting better than they did. I think I like Woodward in this one, but that could be more hope than think. I said long ago I did not think Alter was a state champion caliber team and I would like to be correct. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Appreciate your analysis and honesty

Fan is short for fanatic, which means they can be crazy, totally biased and irrational. Do think you you harbor some ill will toward Alter but that is your right. I suggest you sit on other side and see how those fans act. At best they are much better, at least you will not have to listen to Alter.

Holding McMillan to 7 points; 5 FTs and probably had to have been 1/15 from the floor, including 3 air ball threes is very impressive. Definitely an off day for him. Alter showed up ready to play and it was a great game.

STVM is definitely an animal and has been the favorite all year to win the state title. Still, Alter found it ways to win after a low shooting % vs McKinley and came back to shoot well vs Woodward.

And to address the fans complaining... it's really naive to think that one's fan base doesn't moan and squawk more than the other; Woodward fans were on their feet yelling all day when Jacob Conner kept blocking shots and they wanted a foul; Doesn't matter what team, gym, or environment; the zebras are always going to be yelled at.

Nothing to say I was absolutely wrong, been wrong before on here not the 1st time. Alter looked impressive, especially shrinking the floor against McMillan.

Competitive balance is a joke is ASVSM isn't in D1.
As a STVM fan, I'm not disagreeing. I've always said that strength of schedule should be a metric in determining divisions. If you play a D1 schedule (which the Irish do), then you should play in the D1 tournament. Just looking at it this year, presuming the Irish would be in the Final 4 rather than St. Edward (a BIG presumption; but not out of the question since STVM beat them in the regular season). But if it had worked out that way, then the Irish would be set to match up against Pick Central for a chance to get a rematch with Centerville. That would be an entertaining scenario.

Last edited: