Who are the best 16, 15, 14 or 13 seeds?

Funny how we go from there will be many blowouts to now there’s a sleeper everywhere. While I agree 16 is way too many team I thought 12 was better however we’ll see how this unfolds this week
Finding the potential gems, it is a "funny" turn in that this conversation wouldn't be held if not for the situation dealt. 12 with a play-in? I'm not sure how the top four teams would feel sitting around for a week, even if it does give recovery time. If a change was to me made, power of two is the occam's razor.

You seeing any bottom four that you think have a chance?

Last edited:
Little Miami is a 16 seed in R8 and they went toe to toe and lost in OT to Anderson #3 seed in R8.
Piqua better be ready.

#13 Canton Central Catholic in D6 Region 21. #4 Mogadore is banged up

Not their best squad in recent years, Centrals' schedule always puts them a good position for the playoffs. When the announcement of the playoff expansion came down, I immediately thought of Central Catholic as a team that could benefit.

Finding the potential gems, it is a "funny" turn in that this conversation wouldn't be held if not for the situation dealt. 12 with a play-in? I'm not sure how the top four teams would feel sitting around for a week, even if it does give recovery time. If a change was to me made, power of two is the occam's razor.

You seeing any bottom four that you think have a chance?
There’s definitely potential for a high seed to knock off a low seed. It’s almost like March madness in which your 8/9 will be a solid one almost guaranteed and your 5/12 could be you chance to see a nice upset

The 13-16 seeds are the Best and being the Worst! Walnut Hills,Oak Hills, Little Miami are not very good Football Teams. 16 Teams in the Playoffs is purely a money grab and everyone gets a trophy type bs!

Across all divisions, there are 28 games with a #1 vs #16, 28 with a #2 vs #15, 28 #3 vs #14, and 28 #4 vs #13.

I’m sure that there will be a few of these lower seeds (#13 - #16) getting the upset... but how many?

I’m guessing, of these 112 games, there will be 12 “upsets”. More in the higher divisions than in the lower divisions.

How many forfeits will there be? For whatever reason.

Across all divisions, there are 28 games with a #1 vs #16, 28 with a #2 vs #15, 28 #3 vs #14, and 28 #4 vs #13.

I’m sure that there will be a few of these lower seeds (#13 - #16) getting the upset... but how many?

I’m guessing, of these 112 games, there will be 12 “upsets”. More in the higher divisions than in the lower divisions.

How many forfeits will there be? For whatever reason.
The answer is Zero on Forfeits. If the Games are not played as Scheduled they will be declared No Contest and 1 Team will advance and 1 Team won’t. I’m gonna predict now that Statewide in D1 or 2 None of the 13-16 Seeds will win a game.

LM has a shot to upset Piqua in R8. Piqua is very good. But LM took Anderson to OT and lost and battled Kings for the majority of that game. It will all depend on what LM team shows up that night. LM also has a tendency to lay some eggs (see Lebanon and Walnut Hills)

I see a few chances.

Olentangy over Big Walnut?
Bishop Watterson over Granville? (a rematch, Granville won 32-10 in week 7)
Milan Edison over Bellevue (a rematch, Bellevue won 21-14 in week 2)
CVCA over West Branch?
Madeira over Taft?
Trinity over LaBrae?

After making my picks in the playoff pickem I had no 16 over one. Several 14's over 3's and a couple 12 over 5s.

Last edited:
Impressive, picking a couple 12s to win multiple.
Okay went through my picks. I have nine #9 seeds over #8 seeds. Five #10 seeds over #7 seeds. Two #11 seeds over #6 seeds. Five #12 seeds over #5 seeds and Two #14 seeds over #3 seeds. Twenty three teams who would not have made with the 8 man brackets previously used.

I notice in Region 18 a 2-8 Marion Pleasant team made the playoffs!? Holy smokes, that'd be something if they won
Not as crazy as a 1-9 Lorain team making the playoffs in region 1, about to get an early 2nd quarter running clock against St Ed's lol.

D1 definitely shouldn't have had 16 teams. 1-9 team in R1, 2-7 team in R2, and an 0-10 team in R4 all in the playoffs. Just stupidity

Here in the SW regions listed in the likelihood of happening...

D5 Maderia vs. Taft
D2 Little Miami v. Piqua
D3 Vandalia Butler v. Badin
D1 Oak Hills v. Moeller
D4 Waynesville vs. Wyoming
D7 Twin Valley South vs. Marion Local
D6 St. Bernard Elwood-Place v. Mechanicsburg

Okay went through my picks. I have nine #9 seeds over #8 seeds. Five #10 seeds over #7 seeds. Two #11 seeds over #6 seeds. Five #12 seeds over #5 seeds and Two #14 seeds over #3 seeds. Twenty three teams who would not have made with the 8 man brackets previously used.

Just messing with you lol. I knew what you meant. But yeah, looking through there are a fair share of games that will either be close or be upsets from teams who otherwise would be out.

It'll be interesting to see how many 13-16 seeds win, but I've definitely been in favor of expansion from the beginning.

For just the SW Ohio districts, I don't see any #16 over #1. #16 Little Miami @ #1 Piqua might be the best opportunity, but I think Piqua wins that game.

Across the entire state, in DIII R11, #16 Bishop Watterson plays at #1 Granville. Granville has already won that game in the regular season, 32-10. Maybe Watterson can keep it closer this time around? In DIV R14,#16 Edison played #1 Bellevue strong in Week 2, losing 14-21. Those are probably the best opportunities that I see.