When is the last time you were in a Mall?

What constitutes going to the mall? I was in Kohl's in Eastgate last week but whenever I go to Kohl's I never actually go out into the Mall area. I get what I need in Kohl's and leave. Interesting I looked up the definition of mall:

mall
/môl/
noun

1. 1.
    NORTH AMERICAN
    a large building or series of connected buildings containing a variety of retail stores and typically also restaurants.
I never considered Anderson Towne Center or Rookwood as malls but I guess by the definition they are. Back in my day, ? a mall was one big building with a bunch of stores and restaurants all accessible from inside e.g. Tri-County Mall, Northgate Mall, Kenwood Mall

American Dream is also home to an indoor Nickelodeon theme park (like at Mall of America) and will also eventually have an indoor ski slope.
As of this weekend, most of the mall’s stores and restaurants aren’t yet open.
Is this place even open yet? Place has been under construction for yeeaarrrrs. They have had all kinds of problems not to mention it is in the armpit of America. They do have an indoor ski slop though. I will be shocked if it is successful.

Toledo area used to be home to 4 or 5 legit indoor conventional malls. Today there is one and it is tough to tolerate on weeknights or weekends due to all of the people. Have not been there in some time.

Last week at Niles Eastwood Mall. Bath & Body Works. Men's section for soaps and lotion. I usually go once a month to my barber in the Southern Park

Read a Yahoo article this morning about this new mondo mall in New Jersey, like Mall of America but bigger. One of the readers commenting at the end was from Columbus, and they said we had 7 malls here.

I've always used MoeDude's definition of a mall - large structure, multiple indoor accesses to several stores. For Columbus, that's Polaris, Tuttle, Easton, Eastland, and maybe Worthington. Still trying to figure out where the other 2 are the person was referencing. Only thing I can think of are the larger outdoor outlets and shopping centers, and those have never been true malls.

Is this place even open yet? Place has been under construction for yeeaarrrrs. They have had all kinds of problems not to mention it is in the armpit of America. They do have an indoor ski slop though. I will be shocked if it is successful.
I don't think the stores are open yet, but the amusement park opened this past weekend. However, only 2 of the 5 coasters are running. The other 3 are still being tested before opening to the public.

Just went to Polaris in Columbus to pick up my wife's bracelet. That makes three times in the last two weeks. And the place was packed around 5 PM today.
The wife and I go to Carrabbas at Polaris two or three times during the summer, but we don't view that as going to a mall.

Last edited:
I don't think the stores are open yet, but the amusement park opened this past weekend. However, only 2 of the 5 coasters are running. The other 3 are still being tested before opening to the public.
I saw last night that none of the 5 coasters are now open to the public. The state had granted a temporary permit for the opening weekend--since the park sold out the entire weekend ahead of opening. NJ has apparently cracked down on ride permitting after a child was killed on a fair ride recently.

Here's a puff piece detailing everything the mall will have once it opens: https://nypost.com/2019/10/29/huge-nj-entertainment-complex-american-dream-finally-opens/