What's in your wallet?

A little off topic, but still wallet related. So my trusty leather wallet was starting to fall apart and I decided to jump ship and purchase a Code 118 version. You can "load" about 5-6 cards into this thing, and then it has a strap for any extra cards/cash. I have this thing for about a month, and I'm still trying to decide if I like it or not. The down side for me is that I don't have a place to store receipts.

A little off topic, but still wallet related. So my trusty leather wallet was starting to fall apart and I decided to jump ship and purchase a Code 118 version. You can "load" about 5-6 cards into this thing, and then it has a strap for any extra cards/cash. I have this thing for about a month, and I'm still trying to decide if I like it or not. The down side for me is that I don't have a place to store receipts.
It always takes me awhile to decide if I like a new wallet or not. But when I get a new one I usually try a new style of wallet so there’s an adjustment period.

Been rocking a small card holder style wallet - can fit 2 cards on both sides and an inside pocket that can hold another 4 cards inside. Down side is it doesn’t leave much room for cash so I usually only have $20-$50 on me at any one time and almost never singles. Would prefer to carry a touch more without needing $50s or $100s.

My wife and I used to do a good amount of credit card churning but got to the point it wasn’t worth the time anymore. I just dropped the Chase Sapphire Reserve, most of the benefits had expired and wasn’t getting as much value in the higher annual fee. But I still have it because I referred my wife and we both got some extra points out of it before I transferred the points and cancelled my card. Great card when you utilize the benefits though. $300 annual travel credit, Priority Pass for 3 years, Lyft Pink for 2 years, InstaCart membership for 1 year. That’s the main card we both use for just about anything.

Currently have a Chase United Visa for free checked baggage. Had a weird number of United flights this year and it’ll be cheaper to get the card than pay for checked bags. I’ll cancel it after the last flight on the airline as I’ve solely used it to book the United flights and not pay for checked bags.

Other: Drivers license. Gym ID. Zoo membership card. Krohns Conservatory membership card. Health insurance ID card. Dental insurance ID card. $25 cash.

My wife and I used to do a good amount of credit card churning but got to the point it wasn’t worth the time anymore. I just dropped the Chase Sapphire Reserve, most of the benefits had expired and wasn’t getting as much value in the higher annual fee. But I still have it because I referred my wife and we both got some extra points out of it before I transferred the points and cancelled my card. Great card when you utilize the benefits though. $300 annual travel credit, Priority Pass for 3 years, Lyft Pink for 2 years, InstaCart membership for 1 year. That’s the main card we both use for just about anything.

Currently have a Chase United Visa for free checked baggage. Had a weird number of United flights this year and it’ll be cheaper to get the card than pay for checked bags. I’ll cancel it after the last flight on the airline as I’ve solely used it to book the United flights and not pay for checked bags.

Other: Drivers license. Gym ID. Zoo membership card. Krohns Conservatory membership card. Health insurance ID card. Dental insurance ID card. $25 cash.
I've been looking into the Chase Sapphire Reserve. Chase probably has the best transfer partners and there's plenty of benefits to justify the $550 annual fee. However, a lot of those benefits, like the Global Entry reimbursement and the Priority Pass membership, overlap with my American Express Platinum. I'll probably just go with the Chase Sapphire Preferred (same sign up bonus and only $95 annual fee) to get exposure to the Chase Ultimate Rewards ecosystem. I can always product change to the Sapphire Reserve if I ever get rid of my Amex Platinum.

One underrated benefit of the premium credit cards is return protection. Even if the merchant denies your return or if the product was bought with no returns you can file with your credit card (obviously if you purchased the item with that credit card within 90 days).

Credit cards like Chase Sapphire Reserve, Hilton Aspire, Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant, and American Express Platinum (among others) offer this benefit. It generally applies to items up to $300 ($500 for Chase Sapphire Reserve) for a total of $1000 in a year.

My priority this year for credit cards is “ Earn and Burn”. I’ve seen several cards undergo devaluation and didn’t want to get stuck with points with diminishing value.
I’ve redeemed over 220,000 points so far this year on flights and a hotel stay, so mission accomplished.

I just signed up and got accepted for my first Hotel Credit card. It's the Chase World of Hyatt Card.
Their main competitors, Hilton and Marriott, have multiple personal and business cards. Hyatt only has this card and their one business card.
It has an annual fee of $95 and you get 35,000 bonus points if you spend $3,000 in the first 3 months. Those bonus points have a value of about $595 (at 1.7 cents per point valuation) or almost 20% back on your initial $3,000 spend. You also get a free night stay at a Category 1-4 hotel after every year you own the card. You can get an extra free night stay if you put $15,000 on the card for the calendar year.
Earlier this week I got the sign up bonus of 35K Hyatt points. They also give an extra point per dollar spent in the 1X category in the first 6 months, up to 15K points. Because of this and because of the extra free night at a Category 1-4 hotel if you spend $15,000 in a calendar year, I've decided to put a lot of my catch all spending on this card. Obviously these hotels aren't the best hotels at Hyatt but some in this range can go up to $380 a night during the weekend.

One of the nice, unique benefits of the Chase Sapphire Reserve just got cancelled. Starting July 1, Chase Sapphire Reserve ( and Ritz Carlton) card holders will lose Priority Pass restaurant access. They'll still get Priority Pass lounge access but lose the $28 restaurant benefit/use (up to $56 for 2 travelers). Only a few cards still have this restaurant access, like US Bank Altitude Reserve, Bank of America Premium Rewards Elite, and the Capital One Venture X Business.

The credit card points and miles game can be very rewarding but as we've seen in this thread you need to pay off your balance every month for credit card churning to make any sense at all. Recently the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia released some eye opening numbers. Credit card delinquency rates reached their highest level in Q4 2023. Nearly 3.5 % of credit card balances were at least 30 days past due as of Q4 end.

10 different cards for different places. 1 balance.

Bank card.

Insurance card.

Medical card that explains to people why I set off metal detectors and no, I can't take THAT off and put it in a basket. .

All kept in the Superman Wallet I bought from the Warner Brothers store in Tower City in the summer of 1993.