What would you do?

It would be hard not to take the money. Obviously $57,000 isn't life-changing like $300,000 is, but it's still a really significant amount.

If you can afford to bet 1.5k on such a long shot then I doubt 50k is going to make you twitch. Let it ride.

if he can find a way to put a $50K bet on the Virginia moneyline, then that would solve all his issues. either make 50K on virginia or make about 250K on TT.

either way he wins.

Take the $$.

Didn't even click to see what was about, but 57K guaranteed or let it ride..I am taking the 57K no matter on anything less than on betting if the sun will rise the next day.

Accepting 1/6 of the total payout on a game that is pretty much 50/50 would have been foolish, regardless of outcome

If you can afford to bet 1.5k on such a long shot then I doubt 50k is going to make you twitch. Let it ride.

That’s true, but I was looking at the question if it were applied to me, not the guy who actually made the bet.

I liked best the thought of hedging with a bet on Virginia. Course, I don't bet on sporting events that are essentially 50/50.