What Movies Did You Watch in June 2020?

vamp2syd

Well-known member
Anna and the Apocalypse (UK-2017)

Horror/Comedy: A Christmas musical with zombies..... I like tea but this was not my cup..... 3.0/8
 

vamp2syd

Well-known member
Dead Heat (1988)

Horror: The fuzz uncover a scheme of using the undead in crimes..... Some cheesy fun with this one.... 4.0/8
 

SC10EHS15

Active member
Watched The King of Staten Island last weekend. Long for a comedy, but heartfelt with very real themes that are based around Pete Davidson's actual life. Fact to know going in to the movie: Davidson's father died as a first responder during 9/11. Think I'm a little biased because there aren't very many original comedies anymore but: 6.8/8
 

vamp2syd

Well-known member
Ghost. I enjoyed it also. Bad attempt at humor, but I am going to let it fly anyway,
Any humor at this point is great. I just needed to bump the thread up as someone replied on the April thread and then someone posted thinking it was the current one.
 

vamp2syd

Well-known member
Phantasm 5: Ravager (2016)

Horror: Reggie finds himself confused in the desert searching for his lost friend Mike while fighting off the Tall Man and his deadly spheres. Unfortunately the final installment was a very low budget attempt that pretty much failed. I believe this was a 2008 project that was going to be a TV series that they just pieced in some scenes later on to make a full length feature. By far the worse of a great series and only the nostalgia and of course the 'Cuda can give it a score as high as I did..... 3.0/8
 

vamp2syd

Well-known member
I Spit on your Grave 3: Vengeance is Mine (2015)

Horror: The victim of the first movie teams up with another victim to hunt down guys who abuse women. It is what it is ... 3.5/8
 

vamp2syd

Well-known member
Ich Seh Ich Seh (Austria-2014)

Horror: "Goodnight Mommy" .... Young twin boys suspect that the woman who returns to their house following cosmetic surgery is not their mother. This one gets pretty intense!!!! .......... 6.0/8
 

vamp2syd

Well-known member
Mandy (UK-2018)

Horror: Isolation, a loving couple, a Jesus freak cult, and a hellish biking clan in a blood bathed orgy shot in surreal visuals. I did not survive this film and had to turn it off about half way through. The next day I got to finish it. The problem with it was the length of the film in comparison with how it was shot. Anyhow..... I did like it better on day 2 but not nearly as much as the critics..... 4.0/8
 

Omar

Well-known member
Watched The King of Staten Island last weekend. Long for a comedy, but heartfelt with very real themes that are based around Pete Davidson's actual life. Fact to know going in to the movie: Davidson's father died as a first responder during 9/11. Think I'm a little biased because there aren't very many original comedies anymore but: 6.8/8
Anyone who’s remotely heard of Pete Davidson knows that, it’s 90% of his act, the other 10% is Ariana Grande.

I will admit, I think he’s way overrated, but the Hulu movie he put out a few months ago was actually pretty good.
 

SC10EHS15

Active member
Anyone who’s remotely heard of Pete Davidson knows that, it’s 90% of his act, the other 10% is Ariana Grande.

I will admit, I think he’s way overrated, but the Hulu movie he put out a few months ago was actually pretty good.
Big Time Adolescence. Very much enjoyed that.
 

NewOldBlood

Well-known member
Bad News Bears (2005) 5/8 Remake of the original, solid movie. I really like Billy Bob Thorton as Buttermaker.

Spiderman: Far From Home (2019) 5/8 Second time seeing this one. It's not bad, but not my favorite. Peter Parker thinks his teaming up with a new hero named Mysterio on a school trip to Europe. Things are not exactly as they seem. Spiderman was always my favorite superhero as a kid, but man there are a lot of these movies. I think maybe I'm getting Spiderman fatigue.
 

vamp2syd

Well-known member
Pengabdi Setan (Indonesia-1982)

Horror: "Satan's Slave" ... Following the death of the mother a family who lost their faith is tormented by a spirit. I did not like this one... 2.0/8
 

vamp2syd

Well-known member
Dead of Night (1977)

Anthology Horror: 3 stories, one about a man who restores an old car and ends up in time, another who believes his wife/daughter has been bitten by a vampire, and then a woman who is desperate to bring back her dead son. All of the stories are pretty good but nothing special..... 4.5/8
 

NewOldBlood

Well-known member
The Meg (2018) 2/8 Jason Statham battles a Megladon that has emerged from deep in the ocean. The second time I've seen this and it's still bad, probably worse than the first. There won't be a third time that's for sure.
 

vamp2syd

Well-known member
April Fool's Day (1986)

Horror: This is not "Slaughter High... aka April Fool's Day" of the same year but the one where friends meet up on an island and one by one meet their demise.... "Slaughter High" is so much better than this one.... 3.0/8
 

vamp2syd

Well-known member
I Eat Your Skin (1971)

Horror: A mad scientist makes zombies old school style while a research team stumbles upon it and must survive the voodoo rituals..... It had its moments and felt like a 60's film.... it probably was but overall missed the mark.... 3.5/8
 

vamp2syd

Well-known member
Red Velvet (2008)

Horror: A guy hits on his neighbor by telling her a grisly story of how her friends get brutally killed by a slasher. Did not like the first half of this but it grew on me.... 4.0/8
 

NewOldBlood

Well-known member
Brightburn (2019) 5/8 The is kind of the anti-Superman movie. Alien baby comes to Earth, looks human, has special powers, but instead of good intentions he has evil intentions. Not a bad movie, but not your traditional horror movie either.

The Wrong Missy (2020) 4/8 Netflix original, Adam Sandler produced, movie starring David Spade as an aging bachelor who meets what he thinks is the girl of his dreams. He thinks he invites her on a work-related trip to Hawaii only to find out he invited a girl from a blind date gone wrong with the same name. Had some laughs, but was kind of corny too.
 

irish_buffalo

Well-known member
Irresistible (2020) 4/8 - Steve Carell/Rose Byrne are two political operatives working over a small town in Wisconsin. Jon Stewart wrote and directed.

So hungry for anything new so I gave this a shot.

I always appreciated Jon Stewart. Always thought he was "with it." Liked Steve Carrell in almost all he does as well.

However, this movie shows JUST how out of touch Hollywood is from middle America even when they are trying to make fun of themselves for being out of touch with middle America.
 

fortfan

Well-known member
Fever Pitch - Jimmy Fallon and Drew Barrymore. Fun movie about a HUGE Red Sox fan and how that complicates his relationships. We enjoyed it.
 

clarkgriswold

Well-known member
Irresistible (2020) 4/8 - Steve Carell/Rose Byrne are two political operatives working over a small town in Wisconsin. Jon Stewart wrote and directed.

So hungry for anything new so I gave this a shot.

I always appreciated Jon Stewart. Always thought he was "with it." Liked Steve Carrell in almost all he does as well.

However, this movie shows JUST how out of touch Hollywood is from middle America even when they are trying to make fun of themselves for being out of touch with middle America.
Have you seen Last Flag Flying with Carrel? I caught it on Amazon Prime a couple of months ago and really liked it. It's one of those "different" Carrel roles. Not Foxcatcher crazy different, but different nonetheless.
 
.
Top