What league grows or shrinks in the Cincinnati area?

HSFB Fan

CHL- 8 Schools
CMAC- 13 Schools
ECC-10 Schools
GMC-10 Schools
SWOC-4

CMAC- is made up of a mix of small-middle and large schools but struggles to field varsity sports at most of them.

CHL seems to like what they have, and the schools can field varsity programs to compete in the league.

ECC- WW can only field competitive FB and BB teams and struggles with fielding JV programs. Can they last? Does Walnut hills look for a league they can compete in?

GMC- With Colerain struggling in the GMC to compete for some time now in all sports do they leave or, does the district combine HS? Middletown? While Sycamore is competitive in the GMC is the ECC more attractive with their size?

SWOC- Does the league work a miracle and pull in a couple schools to reform the league? (Doubtful)….
Mt Healthy and Northwest can barely field varsity programs so I would think the CMAC would be the only fit or, ask for them.
Could Harrison and Talawanda be another WW having to go independent?

Last edited:

Colerain and Northwest should combine and stay in the GMC.

Harrison and Talawanda should move to Southwestern Buckeye Conference. They fit well enough geographically and enrollment IMO but it makes that league huge at 14 teams.

Mt Healthy to CMAC? Uh, I guess.

Ooh, three team trade.

Springboro to ECC, Milford to GMC, Middletown to GWOC.
Milford belongs in the GMC, but doubtful they return. You’ll see Sycamore go to the ECC before Springboro, but Springboro fits the mold minus location.

Word on the street is that Taylor, Finneytown and Deer Park want out of the CHL- that opens some interesting discussions on where they would go and then who would replace them.

Springboro to the ECC? Seriously improbable due to geography. Milford back to the GMC? I would think the GMC would consider West Clermont first. Middletown leaving the GMC. Just no. I do think the GMC could expand. Colerain and Northwest merge. Talawanda, Harrison, Mount Healthy, West Clermont move in. Create a big school division with Mason, Fairfield, Hamilton, LEast, LWest, WC, Cole-west. Not as big division-Middletown, Princeton, Oak Hills, Sycamore, Talawanda, Mt.H, Harrison. There is also the down the road likelihood of Lakota Central being built.

Milford belongs in the GMC, but doubtful they return. You’ll see Sycamore go to the ECC before Springboro, but Springboro fits the mold minus location.

Word on the street is that Taylor, Finneytown and Deer Park want out of the CHL- that opens some interesting discussions on where they would go and then who would replace them.
The CHL seems to the most stable conference in Ohio. Could there be a re-aligning with some of the public schools in the MVC? St. Bernard? Norwood? NCH? Or even the SBAAC?

I'd personally also like to see P-M and Bacon move back to the GCL-Coed. Bring Summit with them?

The CHL seems to the most stable conference in Ohio. Could there be a re-aligning with some of the public schools in the MVC? St. Bernard? Norwood? NCH? Or even the SBAAC?

I'd personally also like to see P-M and Bacon move back to the GCL-Coed. Bring Summit with them?
The CHL is stable when you look at IH, Mariemont, Madeira, Wyoming and Reading. Taylor fits the bill but they are so far removed.
I’m not sure they fit anything else though. Could they try to hop in with Harrison, Talawanda, etc? Sure but that’s a way less stable option.

I don’t think you’ll see PM back in the GCL. Maybe Bacon but they seem fine in the MVC.

The CHL would likely approach a school like Batavia. They might be growing too fast though.

The SBAAC isn’t stable. Goshen is growing quickly, but they don’t fit in the ECC. Clinton-Massie fits but wants in the SWBL I hear. New Richmond is shrinking and should probably be in the small side of the league in 5 years. Felicity-Franklin probably won’t be a school in 10 years.

The ECC is a great league but I could see it shifting.

Milford and West Clermont and Harrison join the GMC.

Sycamore to the ECC

Adding Goshen, Western Brown as those communities grow. Batavia and New Richmond to the CHL. Massie and Wilmington to the SWBL with Talawanda.

Walnut, Winton Woods, Mt. Healthy, Withrow and Northwest (if it’s still a school) all combining to form something.

The CHL is stable when you look at IH, Mariemont, Madeira, Wyoming and Reading. Taylor fits the bill but they are so far removed.
I’m not sure they fit anything else though. Could they try to hop in with Harrison, Talawanda, etc? Sure but that’s a way less stable option.

I don’t think you’ll see PM back in the GCL. Maybe Bacon but they seem fine in the MVC.

The CHL would likely approach a school like Batavia. They might be growing too fast though.

The SBAAC isn’t stable. Goshen is growing quickly, but they don’t fit in the ECC. Clinton-Massie fits but wants in the SWBL I hear. New Richmond is shrinking and should probably be in the small side of the league in 5 years. Felicity-Franklin probably won’t be a school in 10 years.

The ECC is a great league but I could see it shifting.

Milford and West Clermont and Harrison join the GMC.

Sycamore to the ECC

Adding Goshen, Western Brown as those communities grow. Batavia and New Richmond to the CHL. Massie and Wilmington to the SWBL with Talawanda.

Walnut, Winton Woods, Mt. Healthy, Withrow and Northwest (if it’s still a school) all combining to form something.
You think Clinton Massie would fit in ECC? They are typically never better than middle of the pack in SBAAC outside of football.

Lol! What other League would want Deer Park and Finneytown? What Varsity Sports are Deer Park and Finneytown good at? 500 or better in Current League Play Games or Matches.

Walnut Hills in a tough spot imo. They have a hard time competing in ECC but they know CMAC is shiit show too!

Northwest-Colerain becoming 1 HS has been talked about EVERYWHERE except the School Board at NWLSD. I say been established that there will continue to be 2 HS in NWLSD since they never even talk about only having 1.

You think Clinton Massie would fit in ECC? They are typically never better than middle of the pack in SBAAC outside of football.
No. It would be a Wyoming/Massie show in football with IH making an appearance every 6-7 years.

Massie doesn’t have the strength in sports like soccer, golf, etc on a regular basis to be in that league.

Plus they are 45 minutes to an hour away from basically everyone.

Lol! What other League would want Deer Park and Finneytown? What Varsity Sports are Deer Park and Finneytown good at? 500 or better in Current League Play Games or Matches.

Walnut Hills in a tough spot imo. They have a hard time competing in ECC but they know CMAC is shiit show too!

Northwest-Colerain becoming 1 HS has been talked about EVERYWHERE except the School Board at NWLSD. I say been established that there will continue to be 2 HS in NWLSD since they never even talk about only having 1.
You’re right on all these points.

I think the MVC could take DP/FT though- they are right on par.

👍🏿. MVC an “odd” combination of Schools imo. Half the League has Truck Loads of money and the other half doesn’t have a pot to piss in! I do think DP and Finneytown would fit in the MVC.
I’ve always thought that.

When PM and RB joined, I thought the league would split into a public/private.

I’ve always thought that.

When PM and RB joined, I thought the league would split into a public/private.
Now that you say Public/Private League I gotta admit surprised the Private MVC Schools didn’t Start their own League. That be a decent League with those 6 Private Schools by themselves. Think RB needed a Smaller School League since they began capping their enrollment few yrs ago. Not sure if PM caps enrollment or not.

How long can SWOC last with only 4 Schools? I heard Talawanda was denied entry into SWBL because they “failed the interview process”. Not sure what all that means. I do know Talawanda Boys Basketball is atrocious at every level this season.

How long can SWOC last with only 4 Schools?
Harrison is in a tough spot. Hard to see the SWOC adding. Who could they get, WW, Colerain if they stay split, West High? Is there an Indians conference they could join like TCC did going to Michigan?

PM and Bacon won’t go back they were the 2 smallest schools in the league and neither team wanted to travel to Dayton to get killed

McNicholas is an interesting case as the GCL Co-Ed is a great fit from a competition standpoint but traveling 45-70 minutes for every away game within the conference is a bit burdensome - even if there are only 5 other teams.

They're too good for the MVC unless that league were to somehow blow up and will likely never receive an invite from an existing publics-only league.

It makes you wonder if they'd ever consider going independent.

McNicholas is an interesting case as the GCL Co-Ed is a great fit from a competition standpoint but traveling 45-70 minutes for every away game within the conference is a bit burdensome - even if there are only 5 other teams.

They're too good for the MVC unless that league were to somehow blow up and will likely never receive an invite from an existing publics-only league.

It makes you wonder if they'd ever consider going independent.
They definitely could but is it ever possible they grow and join the larger division of the GCL?

They would “fit” in the larger division of the SBAAC- with Western Brown, Wilmington, Goshen, Massie or the CHL but I just can’t see that happening.