What happens with the SWOC?

Exit 29

Not sure if there is a thread on this subject yet. With Little Miami out what is the plan with the SWOC for 2020 and beyond. Will the league fold? or will they extend invitations to a schools like Monroe & Franklin? I wouldn't mind that scenario to be honest as I would like Monroe in the same league as Edgewood.

Not sure if there is a thread on this subject yet. With Little Miami out what is the plan with the SWOC for 2020 and beyond. Will the league fold? or will they extend invitations to a schools like Monroe & Franklin? I wouldn't mind that scenario to be honest as I would like Monroe in the same league as Edgewood.

I know these teams have been in discussion. Taylor has been as well.

Anything is possible at this point. I think there is just too much size discrepancy with Harrison in the mix. Monroe was D4 a few years ago...

Could Franklin, Monroe, Ross, Talawanda, Northwest, Madison all try to snag Taylor from the CHL (I've heard they're unhappy) and create their own?

Is the GCL smaller division in the same boat?

With Bacon and Purcell leaving for football only- could they be headed there for good leaving Badin, Fenwick and McNick all in limbo?

Would the public schools like Ross, Monroe and Franklin want to join a league with Badin and Fenwick?

Anything is possible at this point. I think there is just too much size discrepancy with Harrison in the mix. Monroe was D4 a few years ago...

Could Franklin, Monroe, Ross, Talawanda, Northwest, Madison all try to snag Taylor from the CHL (I've heard they're unhappy) and create their own?

Edgewood is the largest school in the SWOC

Monroe and Franklin would be good additions and offer solid DIII competition while making it a nice round 8 school conference.

Edgewood is the largest school in the SWOC

US News 2018 figures below:
LM - 1112
Harrison - 1070
Edgewood - 1028
Talawanda - 942
Northwest - 921
Ross - 851
Mt Healthy - 850

I had always thought Harrison was the largest followed closely by Edgewood. I was wrong

yeah, but why would they leave the SWBL?
I would think Valley View, Bellbrook, Brookville, Eaton, and Oakwood are more attractive than the SWOC? Monroe might be closer to the SWOC schools, but no way Franklin is.

US News 2018 figures below:
LM - 1112
Harrison - 1070
Edgewood - 1028
Talawanda - 942
Northwest - 921
Ross - 851
Mt Healthy - 850

I had always thought Harrison was the largest followed closely by Edgewood. I was wrong

I was referring to the OSHAA number of male students enrolled for football conference designation but this is good to know.

Is the GCL smaller division in the same boat?

With Bacon and Purcell leaving for football only- could they be headed there for good leaving Badin, Fenwick and McNick all in limbo?

Would the public schools like Ross, Monroe and Franklin want to join a league with Badin and Fenwick?

I personally wouldn't mind Monroe being in the same league as Badin and Fenwick. Monroe was in the MML with Fenwick for 50 years. I can't speak for everyone though, a lot of people are against the private/public mix in the same league.

With competitive balance it’s makes them joining almost common sense. I think Harrison and Edgewood would have a small argument against it since they are both d2 and it would hurt their Harbins.

Harrison has nowhere to go and Edgewood has not found the right dance partners to form another league. They had a chance of including WW but there thought process was too short sided.

Harrison has nowhere to go and Edgewood has not found the right dance partners to form another league. They had a chance of including WW but there thought process was too short sided.

Winton Woods would had elevated and stabilized the SWOC. Now the conference looks like roadkill. Eventually a couple of the schools will go into the ECC.

Winton Woods would had elevated and stabilized the SWOC. Now the conference looks like roadkill. Eventually a couple of the schools will go into the ECC.
I hope not it will be the FAVC part 2, it will make the conference bloated. I also want Mt. Healthy to suffer for a couple of seasons, the way they played WW was foul and unnecessary.

I hope not it will be the FAVC part 2, it will make the conference bloated. I also want Mt. Healthy to suffer for a couple of seasons, the way they played WW was foul and unnecessary.

Mt. Healthy wouldnt be one of the schools. Harrison would be. Harrison should had applied to the ECC this time around. And you are right it would be FAVC part 2.

DonMagicRon;721yy2538 said:

I don't know about stabilize but make it better competitively.

I like the idea of Badin and Fenwick joining the league. They are both DIII, same as MH, NW and Ross. They would definitely be competitive in all sports and I doubt either of them want to be a part of this GCL/Columbus school experiment. As far as Harbin points go, Edgewood has played Badin many, many times out of conference and Fenwick was part of the old MML when they were playing DV. I don't think that would be an issue for them.

I like the idea of Badin and Fenwick joining the league. They are both DIII, same as MH, NW and Ross. They would definitely be competitive in all sports and I doubt either of them want to be a part of this GCL/Columbus school experiment. As far as Harbin points go, Edgewood has played Badin many, many times out of conference and Fenwick was part of the old MML when they were playing DV. I don't think that would be an issue for them.

If this were to happen, McNicholas will really have some serious windshield time. It could also spell the end of the GCL Central if Bacon and Purcell are able to persuade the MVC to take them in as full members.

Would the SBAAC or MVC take in McNick if that were to happen?

Not sure how you think they would have stabilized the SWOC. In football the number of teams perhaps but in all sports it would have made it worse. Basically they bludgeon most in football, and get bludgeoned literally in everything else. It would also have increased the differences in school size.

I do agree at least one more school will eventually go to the ECC, if not 2.

I agree Harrison has a tough road to hoe. So isolated, but I hear Harrison is happy playing in a conference of mostly smaller schools. They do not want to move. Likewise the smaller schools may be stuck as no other schools their size would be motivated to leave their current situation.

Basically they are all in a WW situation until they find something that works, and it is likely a tougher find as you are trying to find a home for 6 schools, not just 1.

I doubt the Fenwick and Badin things work as the playing field is not level. Both pull from multiple districts including the districts of the schools in the league. Badins rumored transfers for next year is a perfect example. 3 new impact transfers. I doubt this sits well with the league members.

I agree Harrison has a tough road to hoe. So isolated, but I hear Harrison is happy playing in a conference of mostly smaller schools. They do not want to move. Likewise the smaller schools may be stuck as no other schools their size would be motivated to leave their current situation.

Basically they are all in a WW situation until they find something that works, and it is likely a tougher find as you are trying to find a home for 6 schools, not just 1.

I doubt the Fenwick and Badin things work as the playing field is not level. Both pull from multiple districts including the districts of the schools in the league. Badins rumored transfers for next year is a perfect example. 3 new impact transfers. I doubt this sits well with the league members.
If they can get the 2 GCL schools they better jump with both feet, it will do 2 things stabilize the league and improve the gate, in fact I would go ahead and see if they could also pull Badin and Mcnick. it would benefit the majority of the league. sitting around doing nothing will hurt some of these schools when Edgewood and Talawanda find the right dance partner.

Why do you say that? Because of size? Badin and Fenwick would very likely be in the top half of the SWOC and would beat both Edgewood and Harrison some years.

Yes because of the size. Badin and Fenwick could compete and even dominate in alot of sports but not football.