What happens if counties go "Purple"?

brianwr112

I've heard some districts comment that if their counties go "Purple" the they'll go to 100% ritual learning. Does this have any impact on football/sports? I kinda stopped paying attention to all the updated rules/regulations/mandate/recommendations

I've heard some districts comment that if their counties go "Purple" the they'll go to 100% ritual learning. Does this have any impact on football/sports? I kinda stopped paying attention to all the updated rules/regulations/mandate/recommendations

I know of at least 2 Districts in Cincinnati area that started the yr with Virtual Learning but still had Fall Sports (during Red) Not sure what would happen with Winter Sports if Purple though, great question.

This is a great question as Hamilton and Cuyahoga counties are expected to go purple. This could affect I'm guessing around 20% of the teams still in the playoffs?

Wait, purple is real? I need to start watching the news. I thought red was bad. What DOES happen if we get purple?

Think we're okay for sports until...

plaid.JPG

Wait, purple is real? I need to start watching the news. I thought red was bad. What DOES happen if we get purple?

Per Dictator DeWine and ODH “Purple” recommends only going out for Essentials and Services (repeat of March&April basically) He told Willie other day, so far just recommendations. Also said how Schools operate will be decided by Individual Districts, for now.

Saw today even though cases are up, death rate is down significantly. Shouldn’t that matter? Sounds to me like thats a good thing. What is our goal here?

Doesn’t matter. How so. They will cancel a game without hesitation. Trust me nobody wants b responsible for any possible death. I don’t think anyone safe. But with the hypocrisy of how this has been handled nothing would surprise me

Saw today even though cases are up, death rate is down significantly. Shouldn’t that matter? Sounds to me like thats a good thing. What is our goal here?
Cases are spreading uncontrollably with no epicenter, hospitalizations are following, and we know what usually comes next. There already is a football coach hospitalized with it, so I just hope people will be smart and behave responsibly and give these kids a chance to finish their season. Still 4 weeks to get through, hopefully these remaining teams can keep the virus out of their lives. Would be just a brutal way to have to bow out at this point.

Cases are spreading uncontrollably with no epicenter, hospitalizations are following, and we know what usually comes next. There already is a football coach hospitalized with it, so I just hope people will be smart and behave responsibly and give these kids a chance to finish their season. Still 4 weeks to get through, hopefully these remaining teams can keep the virus out of their lives. Would be just a brutal way to have to bow out at this point.
Yep. Northmont, Troy, & Fairborn all had to bow out from the Dayton area due to quarantine. Maybe others.

the reason many counties are not purple already is most new cases have not been severe. the straw that turns you purple is when ICU beds reach 80% capacity. right now most are 60's to low 70's . As case numbers have increased severity has not so that is something to be thankful for.

. I saw an article talking about Italy and how its spreading there again. They said its not work, school, or public transportation. Its young people in their 20s “socializing.” How do you stop that? If you shut down everything people that age are still going to seek each other out. We would be fighting evolution . Good luck stopping horny hormonal young people. :)

. I saw an article talking about Italy and how its spreading there again. They said its not work, school, or public transportation. Its young people in their 20s “socializing.” How do you stop that? If you shut down everything people that age are still going to seek each other out. We would be fighting evolution . Good luck stopping horny hormonal young people. :)
This spring we shut down the country and you could barely do a thing.

That did not stop it.

So to think a stupid mask and tactical spacing will work is just foolish.

We are just going to have to live with it and if you are vulnerable, do what you need to do to protect yourself.

So is purple the worst level? Or is there something behind purple yet?

Who knows. It all depends on what crayons Mike, Fran and the grand kids decide to color with from week to week. Hospitals are still begging for business, despite what Columbus Mayor Ginther was blabbing about in his news conference today. At the end of the day, when it comes to the OHSAA football season, we've seen ZERO major illness, ZERO hospitalizations and ZERO deaths of players. I honestly doubt there's been one cancellation this year that warranted a cancellation. Most have been due to just ONE positive. It's a travesty. Then again, wait until winter sports.

This spring we shut down the country and you could barely do a thing.

That did not stop it.

So to think a stupid mask and tactical spacing will work is just foolish.

We are just going to have to live with it and if you are vulnerable, do what you need to do to protect yourself.

No one presumed it would stop it. How are we still on this? It is and was to slow it. slllooooooooowwwww the spread. And it did and does. It's a virus. There is no "vulnerable protect yourself." There is no one (we know of yet) that is invulnerable. It's not the spread nor the virus of it that's the problem. It's the nature of this particular virus, being able to hide itself and result in well meaning people infecting those close that are more vulnerable to the effects. Enough synergy the other way, we will be in trouble.

But as I've said day 1, anyone that doesn't believe or doesn't want, live your life normal. Even better go hug a casualty, give em a kiss then go hug and kiss the family. Show that confidence. But PLEASE stop whining about it. It's hardly a sacrifice, masks and distancing.